2014 Sliders

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

2014 Sliders

Here is what Fosh gave me:

Column 1
    Offense Human CPU
    QB Accuracy 30 40
    Pass Block 55 45
    WR Catching 40 40
    RB Ability 40 55
    Run Blocking 45 50
    Defense Human CPU
    Pass Coverage 40 55
    Pass Rush 45 45
    Interceptions 35 45
    Rush Defense 45 55
    Tackling 45 50
    Special Teams Human CPU
    FG Power 30 50
    FG Accuracy 35 50
    P Power 50 50
    P Accuracy 45 45
    Kickoff Power 50 55

Fosh, my question to you is this: Is there any negotiation possible here or do you think this is like the magic bean we need? My suggestion would be that you don't wanna move HB ability down to 40. We already break FAR fewer tackles than the cpu. I personally break fewer than 25 tackles per season! (all backs combined) I'd move two other things on offense down a total of 10 points if we could move that to 50 IMO it just takes the fun out of it for the most part. I don't mind hard, I do mind "not fun."

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

What happened to the thread where half the league didnt want to change the sliders?

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Are the old sliders available anywhere for comparison?

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

This isn't up for a vote, I'm just hoping it's semi-negotiable at this point (y)

Blaza: Compare to default :)

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Keep HB ability at 50 and I'm fine with it only because I dont have a choice. If you want more of a challenge than schedule a 5th user game. If you want the cpu to cheat to make the stats more realistic, then go ahead. But I'm going to start cheating myself and this game will start to suck just like 09 did at the end.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

My request is pass blocking to 50, and run blocking to 40. That is why I get all my long runs, run blocking is too good; not breaking tackles.

HB ability 50

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ^ this...

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I will tell you what that QB acc set at 30 will wreck havoc on the passing game.........yikes!

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Too add to my previous point... Pass blocking at 50 is good because that's one of the few things the cpu does well on defense is pressure the passer, lol....

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    What are the QB completion %s ya'll are seeing in user v CPU games?

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

Not opposed to changes to the slider set listed, but we will have them. Remember that we have taken anybody out of the talent pool with speed on offense and defense for 5 years.

Raise the RB ability effects edge speed as well as tackle breaking. Guys that break tackles are still going to be able to break tackles.

I think these sliders give you a fair game. There will be games that the CPU shows up and take away your bread and butter plays. But the play books are big and there are plays that work.

I love user games. Wish every game could be one. What we have now is a very slim chance of the CPU even giving you a game. We should just sim cpu games then. Our league as a whole has proven that we have outgrown our current slider set and can't even keep games under a mandatory 70 pt rule.

We haven't even played a game yet and they are too hard?????

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I've played tons of games with many different slider sets. I'm not worried about too hard, I just know that once you start messing around too much you see shitty D Lineman dominating all american offensive lines. You have slow line backers running down much faster halfbacks. You have DB's not even make plays on the ball when it's thrown right at them.....
    As for the 70 point rule? They're not really rules if they are not enforced.

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

We dont really get too worried about realistic stats around here.

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Calmate, tonto

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Again I don't care how hard they are, I don't want to fucking neuter my players. lol.

Changing run blocking limits the overall effectiveness of the run blocks. I like that.

A quarterback SHOULD be limited to a certain accuracy level. I like that.

But why take a 90 speed back and make him an 86? or limit his ability to break tackles when I already almost never break them? I have never thought it was cool to change HB ability. Making slugs outta superstars isn't the way to approach this thing, and we already have guys that don't have any speed at RB... Sure I don't want Mike Anderson to suddenly suck. But look at the guys who don't have a fast RB.. Now they're REALLY screwed.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

PS Fosh if you want to implement sliders carte blanche without us giving any feedback let me know, I don't want to waste my time.

edit: i read this when I came home and it sounded even more ass-holish than I meant it to sound. I just meant you're the commish if you want to call the shots I'm fine with it, don't want to argue if it's not up for discussion. etc. I do tend to argue lol

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yeah don't make the speed worse than it already is...I saw on kickoffs it seems the speedy guys run like molasses, i hope they don't really run like shit now lol.

I think the run blocking was dominant with the previous sliders...and the QB passing was a bit too crisp previously.

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Fosh sent me a text saying to "do what I think is best."

We seem to have a few people (the vocal minority?) that feel pretty strongly about the HB ability issue. I just know that if my guy is suddenly 80% as effective as he was and now the cpu is busting even more tackles than they already did (which was about 4-5 times as many as my team to begin with) I'm gonna start breaking things.

So fosh at any time if you feel that my changes undid what the sliders intended to do then I will switch them back. Just say the word.

But for now, HB abil to 50, pass pro for humans to 50 from 55, and run blocking to 40 from 45. Technically should be just as "hard."