2014 Spring Battles...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by jkhaalis991, Jul 31, 2013.

1. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Feb 10, 2009
    I'll put mine up this evening.
  2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Feb 10, 2009
    Indiana Spring Battles

At HB, Indiana graduated All-BIG 10 performaer Stephen Houston and left a gaping hole that will be filled by Tevin Coleman a lightening quick (94 speed) sophomore or the shifty D'Angelo Roberts (93 agility, 96 accel); More than likely both will split carries, but it should be an interesting battle all season.
  3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Jul 14, 2010
    Rutgers biggest battle is also at HB.

Returning starter Sr Huggins will be battling it out with Jr Paul James. James is explosive with 91 spd and 98 acc. Huggins has 87 spd and 91 acc but has much higher trucking and brk tackles. Huggins is also a great blocker and better receiver on passing downs. They will most likely share duties and be used in different formations.

Our other battle is for who will be the #2 WR. We like blazing fast Shuler who was the returner of the year last year. He is 84 ovr with 96 spd and 99 acc. He is going up against 81 ovr Carroo who is bigger but not quite as fast. Shuler is a better route runner than Carroo but has poor CIT which is a concern.
  4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Feb 10, 2009
    All of my positions are pretty well set.
  5. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Jul 17, 2010
    I have 5 senior WR 80+ OVR, so that should be a blood bath in camp. Other than that I think we're pretty well set heading into the opener
  6. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Jul 1, 2010
    I have a very similar problem to Timpegoose. Pretty deep at receiver with OMlawdog favorite Posey being the odd man out.
  7. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Jul 1, 2010
    No clue who is going to be my starting HB
  8. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Feb 10, 2009
    Pitt Panthers 2014 Spring Battles

QB – Redshirt sophomore Chad Voytik should be the starter, but Travon Chapman has the chance to win the job in spring camp. Freshman Josh Shelby will carry a clipboard this year, but he has the potential to see some time should the season go downhill. Shelby is the future at QB.

HB – Senior Ike Bennett is the man, Freshman Alex Bowen should get between 8 and 10 carries a game….. Malcolm Crockett should receive some goalline carries…

WR – Sophomore Taylor Boyd returns as the #1 WR for the Panthers joining him, the battle for the #2 spot should be intriguing between Kevin Weatherspoon, and Ronald Jones…… the slot position is manned by Terrish Webb…..
    TE – JP Holtz is the man… Mackey finalist… he has the tools to get a Mackey award before he leaves……
    DL – The Panthers lose their starting nose tackle……Junior DT Khaynin Mosley Smith has the looks of a monster in the 3-4 at 6foot 308 pounds. He should be the anchor of our defense for a few seasons. Senior David Durham returns at left defensive end and Senior Brian Murphy returns at right end.
    Linebackers – Seniors Todd Thomas and Eric Williams return for their senior season. Inside Ejuan Price and Freshman Bobby Hancock man the middle, Hancock could end up being special if he can translate his abilities inside.
    Secondary – Junior Lafayette Pitts is the best cover corner on the roster, Senior Cullen Christian will man the other corner. In the slot Titus Howard will finally get his chance to show his skills while freshman Clarence Scott will be the dime corner and the backup free safety. Senior Ray Vinopal will be the starter at free safety and redshirt sophomore Reggie Mitchell gets his chance to play at strong safety with freshman Derek wiggins looking for a chance to steal his spotlight during camp.
  9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Feb 10, 2009
    Qb- The Battle will be for every fans favorite the backup QB. With RSSO QB Wes Lunt(88) Taking over for Scheelhaase we have a dilemma with going with SR QB Reilly O'Toole(87) or RSFR QB Aaron Bailey(79). O'Toole will fit the system we will be putting in for Lunt a little better and has great Awr(86), while Bailey brings great athletic ability and has only slightly less of thp and tha.

HB- This Year Donovan Young(87) and Josh Ferguson(86) will split carries.

WR- With our top 3 wr graduating we will look to incoming FR Mark Muhammed(77) to man the 1 spot with JR Jeremy Whitlow(79) and SO Kenny Knight(80) splitting #2 and the slot duties.

TE- Jon Davis(83) and Matt LaCosse(76) both expect to be big parts of this offense with their size(Davis 6'3 241, LaCosse 6'6 243) and speed (Davis 85spd 87acc, LaCosse 86spd 90acc). Both players have been told that they will see time in double te sets and seeing some time in the slot.

OL- As most BBJ olines this will be mix and match. Hill and Cvijanovic(we just call him 68) will be captains of this rag tag group.

DL-James won the battle with incoming FR Dan Wood who was then RS. Juco SO Jason White will man Kynard's vacant LE spot after fighting it out with JR LE Kenny Nelson who will be the swing backup. Teitsma and Howe will return to start at DT.

OLB-We have to start SO Taylor White due to promises so he will bump SR Ralph Cooper out at ROLB and Henry Dickinson will hold transfer LOLB Reggie Spearman starting spot for this year.

MLB-Monheim Returns to lead the Defense

CB- same group that started last yr..;(

S-Day and Petty man the safety spots