2014 Washington Huskies

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wdunn60958, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Wdunn60958

Wdunn60958 Walk On

2014 Washington Huskies

Week 1: Overtime

#4 Tennessee 27
    Washington 30

In week 1 the #4 ranked Volunteers of Tennessee traveled to Seattle to match up with the Washington Huskies. Through 3 1/2 quarters it looked as though Tennessee might have had just a little too much for Washington. The difference was that while Washington was settling for FGs all game, the Vols were scoring touchdowns. The game looked the bleakest when after Wash cut the lead to 14-9 in the 3rd quarter the Vols drove down the length of the field to increase the lead to 21-9 heading into the 4th quarter.
    Still trailing 21-9 with 3:06 left in the game Washington finally got in the endzone when freshman HB Kyle Williams dove over the line for a TD. Then on the ensuing drive, Tennessee quarterback J. Hopkins, who played marvelously threw and interception in his own territory, giving Washington the ball back in Tenn territory down 21-16. The huskies would end up scoring on an 8 yard pass to TE D. Payne, and after a successful 2 point conversion the crowd was going absolutely nuts. But, Tennessee now down 3, still was to get the ball with 1:11 left in regulation.
    Tennessee drove down the field with precision looking to take the air right out of Washington and with :02 to go in the game, Tenn K J. Alexander nailed a 42 yard field goal right down the middle to send this game to overtime.
    Tennessee got the ball to begin overtime, and was driving but a crucial sack on 3rd down made them settle for a field goal. The Huskies got the ball and eventually led to another TD from the freshman running back K. Williams from 5 yards out.

This was def the most fun that I've had playing NCAA 10, thanks alot Jerzee.

Washington gameballs:
    HB K. Williams (24 car, 96 yds, 2 TD)
    QB R. Moore (Just made every big throw when we needed one down the stretch)

Next week the huskies play another SEC team when they travel to SC.

2. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Wow, nice win dude. Not gonna lie I was expecting to see the Vols win this one, looks like it's going to be a very interesting race in the Pac 10 this year.

3. Wdunn60958

Wdunn60958 Walk On

Thanks alot, you also had a very nice win. I thought the same about your game as well, looks like there might be a little Pac 10 race this year

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah I was going to run the clock out but decided to keep playing. Bad coaching by me and great game by you. My team is not as dominant as the rankings tend to make some believe but I should of had this one. I miss the offseason so my team is really jacked up. No excuses though, I had the game wrapped up and let it slip away.

This is what I get for trying to land a knockout punch, lol

5. Wdunn60958

Wdunn60958 Walk On

Week 2:

#24 Washington 23
    South Carolina 10

In week 2 Washington traveled to South Carolina to take on the Gamecocks, it was a tightly contested game. Tied 10-10 in the third quarter turnovers really are what made the difference as Washington went up 16-10, South Carolina seemed to shoot themselves in the foot each time they tried to get points on the board and eventually the Huskies put the final nail in the coffin scoring a clinching touchdown off of SC's third and final interception. Both defenses played extremely well and the running games mostly controlled the game. Great game SC.

Washington game balls:
    HB K. Williams (26 car, 116 yds)
    LB D. Gibson (2 INT's)

Bye week is next for Washington before #1 USC comes to Seattle in our Pac 10 opener.

6. Wdunn60958

Wdunn60958 Walk On

Week 4: Huskies For Real?

#1 Southern Cal 14
    #16 Washington 16

Husky Stadium was rocking today as #1 USC came up for a visit to Seattle. Washington got the football to start the game and drove down the field, effectively mixing the run and pass and capped the drive off with an 11 yard pass to freshman HB K. Williams to go ahead 7-0.
    After an eventual USC punt on the following drive, Washington would go down and connect on a 34 yard field goal. However, that high powered USC offense would land a huge blow connecting on a 63 yard touchdown pass to J. Smart to make it 10-7 with 2 minutes to go in the 1st half. Washington would go down and end up missing a 50 yard FG and thats what brought us to halftime, the score 10-7 Huskies.
    After another FG by Washington, USC had the ball down 13-7 and drove the entire field punching Washington in the mouth with a 1 yard touchdown run, not by Marlon Ward, but M. Merritt to go up 14-13 with a couple of minutes left in the 3rd quarter.
    The whole 4th quarter was pretty much give me the ball, give you the ball and the Huskies received the Trojan punt with about 2 minutes to go in the game starting on about their own 15 yard line. After converting a couple of first downs Washington faced a crucial 3rd and 4 from the USC 47 yard line. Sophomore QB Roosevelt Moore found single coverage over the middle and connected for about a 20 yard gain to really put Washington in FG range with under a minute to go.
    The Huskies lined up for the game winning FG with 6 seconds left and K R. Brock split the uprights on the 33 yard attempt and Husky Stadium, on the verge of the biggest upset of the season absolutely go nuts!
    USC had one hail mary attempt but came up short and that was it.
    Great game JFunk, cant wait to do it again next season!

This game puts Washington at 3-0 on the season having defeated the current #1 team in the nation in USC, and the current #2 team in the nation in Tennessee, maybe the Huskies are for real in 2014!

Washington game balls:
    HB K. Williams (27 car, 131 yds, 1 rec TD)
    LB D. Ford (7 tak, 1 sack)

Next week Washington goes to Stanford for a Pac 10 game.

7. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Great game by WDunn. He did an excellent job of keeping my offense off the field and that was key. Washington is definitely for real.

8. Wdunn60958

Wdunn60958 Walk On

Thanks JFunk, but it appears that you did damage to me as my starting HB is out 11 weeks and my starting WR is out for the season.

9. JFunk34

Damn that's rough bro.

10. Wdunn60958

Wdunn60958 Walk On

Week 5:

#10 Washington 58
    Stanford 7

This game was never close, Stanford couldn't stop the Huskies on offense and couldn't move the ball on their defense.

Washington game balls:
    HB C. Bush (23 car, 257 yds, 4 TDs)
    DT S. Harris (8 tak, 5 TFL, 2 sacks)

Next week Washington gets the Terps at home.

11. Wdunn60958

Wdunn60958 Walk On

Week 6:

Maryland 13
    #7 Washington 27

It looked like this one was going to get out of hand early as fill-in HB C. Bush took the 2nd play of the game 56 yards for a touchdown, but Maryland hung in there. The Huskies played easily their worst half of football of the season in the first half of this game, turning the ball over 3 times in the red zone and missing 2 field goals, and Maryland led 10-7 through almost the entirety of the 2nd quarter, however on the last play of the half the Terps threw up a hail mary that Washington S T. Jones took back 88 yards with no time remaining in the half, a spark that the Huskies desperately needed at the time with their perfect season looking like it was going to be challenged.
    The second half was more like Husky football as they pounded the football and played solid defense, outscoring the Terps 13-3 in the 2nd half to reach a final of 27-13. I had to knock a little ring rust off in the first half, but managed to get through this game, thankfully.

Washington game balls:
    HB C. Bush (34 car, 265 yds, 2 TDs)
    SS T. Jones (5 tak, 88 yd INT ret for TD)

Next week is huge for coach Wdunn as the Huskies go to #13 UCLA. Last season when Washington took that trip to Los Angeles, the Bruins whooped our behinds 44-17, looking for a lot of revenge next week, the score might actually look ugly!

12. Wdunn60958

Wdunn60958 Walk On

Week 7:

#3 Washington 30
    #18 UCLA 7

In a matchup of 2 ranked Pac 10 teams, the Washington Huskies went to Los Angeles and dominated the Bruins 30-7. It was pouring rain during the entire game, and at the end of the first quarter it was 14-0, by halftime it was 28-7. The only scoring done in the second half was from a safety. No great offensive performances by any Husky, but on the defensive side of the ball, DE C. Clay recorded 12 tackles, and set a single game NCAA record with 6 sacks, just in the quarterbacks face all day long, props to him. Coach WDunn promised redemption from last years shalacking, and the team responded quite well. Washington improves to 6-0 (3-0).

Washington game balls:
    DE C. Clay (12 tak, 6 sacks, 6 TFL, Safety)

Next week Washington returns home to host the Cal Bears.

13. Wdunn60958

Wdunn60958 Walk On

Week 8:

California 10
    #3 Washington 23

Washington won the game easier than the score looked, very sloppy with rain coming down the entire time. Huskies played most of the game with 3rd string running back Givens because backup (but current starter) C. Bush got hurt during the game, but appears to be fine. Heisman hopeful DE C. Clay who last week tied the single game sack record with 6, now owns the single game record after recording 7 sacks against the Golden Bears. Coach WDunn went on to say "He is just totally unblockable right now, whenever we need to get to the passer, he is there."

Washington game balls:
    DE C. Clay (10 tak, 7 sacks)

14. Wdunn60958

Wdunn60958 Walk On

Week 9:

#3 Washington 53
    Arizona State 24

The #3 ranked Washington Huskies went to Tempe, AZ to take on the struggling, but scrappy Sun Devils and in the first half it was blow for blow. Washington kicked off to ASU to begin the game and the Devils drove down the field to score a touchdown on the opening drive of the game, only to be responded by a beautifully conducted drive by Washington to even the score. At the end of the first quarter it was 14-14 and at halftime the score was 17-17, the 1-5 Sun Devils were looking to spoil the party of the undefeated Huskies.
    After a spirited speech by coach WDunn in the locker room, Washington came out to take command of this even ballgame in the second half and immediately pulled away from Arizona State in the 3rd quarter and built a double digit lead going into the fourth quarter. The Sun Devils turned the ball over 3 times in the second half allowing Washington to let the score get out of hand. The final was 53-24, and although the second half was a complete route, Arizona State definately slugged it out with Washington in the first 2 quarters.

Washington game balls:
    QB R. Moore (21-41, 330 yds, 5 TDs, 0 INT)
    DE C. Clay (6 Tak, 3 Sacks)

Next week is the battle of brother coaches as WDunn's #3 ranked Huskies go to Oregon State to battle a now bitter rival in Oregon State. Older brother is going to put a whoopin on his sibling.

15. Wdunn60958

Wdunn60958 Walk On

Week 10: Brother vs Brother

#3 Washington 20
    Oregon State 17

In a game that had coach Wdunn vs his brother, coach WOLFCOCKY this game truly showed that each coach knew the other very, very well. It looked early on as though Washington would just be too strong and overpower the Beavers going up 10-0 in the first quarter. Wolfcocky made great adjustments and at halftime our game was tied at 17 with Oregon State looking to ruin the national championship dreams of their rivals.
    The second half couldn't have been more of a defensive affair with tons of punts and 2 uncharacteristic INTS from Washington sophomore QB Roosevelt Moore. There was no scoring in the third quarter with a missed FG by Oregon State kicker M. Crews.
    Late in the 4th quarter, still tied at 17 Oregon State put together a beautiful drive but another missed FG by kicker M. Crews that bounced off the cross bar would breathe new life into the Huskies who had about a minute to do something with the football tied at 17 and no timeouts. A couple of quick strikes moved the ball to the Oregon State 40 yard line with 12 seconds left. Out of field goal range, Washington decided that they needed to attempt to get a little closer to attempt a field goal for the win. OSU did a great job of protecting the sidelines so Roosevelt Moore had to find an open A.J. Davis over the middle who somehow miraculously broke 2 tackles to get out of bounds at the 18 yard line with 2 seconds remaining. Washington kicker R. Brock lined up and nailed the game winning kick with 0.00 left on the timeclock.
    Great game Mike, almost ruined me.
    This game was a lucky win the way it played out in the final minute with the missed FG and the 2 broken tackles by a little 5'9 white WR of mine to get out of bounds with 2 secs to go, but I'll take it any day. I feel fortunate to still be in the hunt for a NC!

Washington game balls:
    WR A.J. Davis (5 rec, 90 yards, Had the play of the year so far for the Huskies)
    K R. Brock (2-2 FGs, Game winning FG with time expiring)

Next week the Huskies host Arizona (1-6)

16. Wdunn60958

Wdunn60958 Walk On

Week 11:

Arizona 14
    #3 Washington 42

Arizona hung tough for a little while as this game was 17-17 at the half, and 20-17 going into the fourth quarter Washington leading. The flood gates opened from there as the Huskies poured on 22 points in the quarter to make the final score 42-14. The win was unsatisfactory for coach Wdunn and he promises a more complete showing next week against the Oregon Ducks.

Washington game balls:
    QB R. Moore (20-33, 296 yds, 4 TD, 0 INT)
    RB C. Bush (29 car, 163 yds, 1 TD, 1 rec TD)

Washington (10-0) hosts the #18 Oregon Ducks next week in a critical Pac 10 showdown.

17. Wdunn60958

Wdunn60958 Walk On

Week 12:

Oregon 14
    #3 Washington 27

#3 Washington (11-0, 8-0) stays perfect on the year with a 27-14 victory over Pac 10 rival Oregon. Washington led at halftime 14-0 from 2 perfectly thrown touchdown passes from R. Moore to 2 different tight ends. Oregon would make it a fight however trailing 20-14 in the fourth quarter, but driving looking for the go ahead score. Oregon drove the ball to about the 8 yard line with 3 minutes to go but threw a costly interception in the end zone that would be the back breaker. Washington punched it in once more to seal the deal and the final was 27-14. As mentioned in another thread DE C. Clay broke the all time single season sack record in this game, props to him.

Washington game balls:
    DE C. Clay (8 tak, 4 sacks)
    QB R. Moore (16-28, 275 yds, 3 TD, 0 INT)

The Huskies have a bye week next followed by the regular season finale against in state rival Washington State where Washington looks to wrap up the Pac 10 title.

18. Wdunn60958

Wdunn60958 Walk On

Week 14: 12-0!

Washington State 6
    #1 Washington 28

The Washington Huskies finished up their perfect regular season with a 28-6 thumping of arch rival Washington State to earn the Apple Cup. It was a close game at one point in the 1st quarter at 7-6, but the Huskies took over completely from that point. The Huskies now have punched their ticket to the BCS National Championship Game with a probable rematch against USC for the title. It's been a great season for Washington after coach WDunn came in last year and struggled to an 8-5 record and had to start this season unranked, but here we are at the end of the regular season ranked at #1 looking for finsih the job they started against the hated Trojans!

Washington game balls:
    HB C. Bush (25 car, 209 yds, 1 TD, 1 rec TD)
    DE C. Clay (8 tak, 4 sacks)

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17301247
    2nd play from scrimmage; 45 yard TD run by Chaz Bush

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17301281
    Roosevelt Moore connecting with C. Jones for a 14 yard TD

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17301296
    DE C. Clay's final sack of his record setting regular season

19. Wdunn60958

Wdunn60958 Walk On

I don't know how to put the videos on my post, so just supplied the links. Any help with how to do that would be awesome, thanks guys.

20. Wdunn60958

Wdunn60958 Walk On

Heres those videos from the Washington State game.

[youtube]T_XNHj8Jp4Q[/youtube]
    Chaz Bush runs for a 45 yard touchdown on the 2nd play from scrimmage.

[youtube]ccGkZpFIVdo[/youtube]
    Roosevelt Moore connecting with C. Jones for a 14 yard TD pass.

[youtube]qiMo6zxoR2U[/youtube]
    C. Clay notching the final sack of his record setting regular season.

21. JFunk34

Glad to see you got those videos figured out Wdunn.

22. Wdunn60958

Wdunn60958 Walk On

Yeah thanks alot, I was getting frustrated not being able to figure it out.