2014 Week 1 Scheduling

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by IrishBearcat, Mar 25, 2014.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Austin1990
    -Cougars-
    recchem2000
    Bucs
    MaxATX34
    publik drunk
    UofCWildcat
    BRUCE80
    charter04
    hornfaninbama
    Mike E

We are officially in week 1 of season #2! Forgot I had to do schedules, but they are done. Every user was made sure to have 7 home games, a user v user game OOC, and the difficult was balanced as possible. The better you did last season, the harder your schedule will have ended up in terms of difficulty. Tried to also give everyone a CPU game before their first user game.

Before kicking off please reply to the 2014 Team Previews and 2014 Team Schemes thread. Nobody contacted me for slider testing in a serious fashion, so the sliders will remain the same. I may change the CPU passing sliders come mid-season because of complaints, but I'm guessing our teams will be better, our users will be more experienced with our sliders, and that they ultimately will be a fair and formidable challenge.

Also, if somebody could post the Week 1 info from the EAsports website in this thread I would appreciate it. I still don't have access to the EA website for whatever reason.

Advance Max = Thursday @9 PM EST

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Ouch. Brutal schedule this year. Know you did your best. Byes week 4, 5 , 7 and then only 2 home games to schedule vists late in the season (Week 11,15). Should be a fun year.

3. IrishBearcat

I did my best like you said, but it just sucked because your conference schedule was going to make your slate far from ideal no matter what I did. Nearly everyone has an insane schedule too.

Good news is whoever runs the table will have definitely earned, assuming one of us is able to pull that off. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Holy Shit Balls! These sliders are not to conducive to my air raid attack. OKie States DBS are jumping all my routes. 7, that's right, 7 picks in the first half! On to the 2nd half down 27-0 :(

5. IrishBearcat

Joining the party late will have your behind the learning curve. These are hard sliders, and definitely take some getting used to in order to win week in and week out.

Seven picks in the first half is just silly. I'd bet it's a combination of forcing a few throws and being new to the sliders. Hang in there. I hope the second half goes much better for your Seminoles.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No offense, but that was stupid :). I'm referring to the gameplay. I ended up throwing 10 picks. Yeah a few we're forced but many were "dude is open, super DB closes like crazy"

Ill keep at it but I'm pretty deflated with how the gameplay was in that one.

7. IrishBearcat

I do find that surprising as interceptions really haven't been an issue. We did have a few users who had comments early on about the CPU making you pay for bad passes, but that seemed to fade as experience was attained.

Like you said that had to be a tough game to swallow. Hang in there man, you'll get them figured out.

8. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I will play tonight.

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

My main complaints last year were related to complete lack of my pass rush vs the CPU and the accuracy and decision making of CPU QBs....never the D....LSU was awesome against us defensivly but allot of that was on me for making stupid throws...and then it (MO) just got going and we got smashed.

10. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I threw 3 last night but so did Clint Trickett. He did start out 11/11 for 150 yards though. And fair warning to all you Big XII guys, he's faster than he looks and takes off at the first sign of pressure.

• Like Like x 1
  11. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I had 0 turnovers and my freshman QB was great. I think I'm getting the hang of things. I beat BYU about 20 points

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Well at least I get a user game after a bye week next. If I throw 10 picks versus a user than I cant fault the sliders :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

Mike E

We play next week. I would love to knock it out Thursday night after our advance between 9 and 10 PM EST. Let me know if that works for you.

14. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Thursday is a no go. Track meet, then home at 10pm and bed time...if i didnt have to be up at 5 the next day i could do it. Friday after work aroun 430? Or saturday morning around 8-9 central?

15. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

Mike E

Friday will work. I can go at 5:30 PM EST.

16. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I will do my best to get home at 430 central. I will PM my cell so you can text me and I can text you if anything holds me up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Ive learned that you really need to step up into the pocket and/or step into throws and lead correctly (up, down, left, or right) to make difficult throws down field with these sliders. Of course, that can be difficult if the pass rush is in your face right away. Start your QB off w some easy completions and bench his ass after he throws 4 picks lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I was gonna bench him once he hit 11 :)

• Like Like x 3
  19. IrishBearcat

Hey guys I had planned to play my game this evening and advance soon after around 8 PM. I got unexpectedly called into work so I plan to play and advance once I am off after midnight.

• Like Like x 1
  20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

STS ;)

• Like Like x 2