2014 Week 1 Season Kickoff

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2014 Week 1 Season Kickoff

We are now into Week 1. Great job in the offseason guys, we moved quick and NOBODY had any recruiting violations. Bonus recruits will be posted shortly along with playbooks and scholarship threads. Everyone get your 2014 Summary and recruiting threads up as well.

Next ADV no later than Weds night at 11 PM EST.

Game of the Week:

#1 USC (HovatheGodMC) @ Notre Dame

Good Luck to everyone this season.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ohio State

18 Scholarships

O - Ohio State
    D- 4-3

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ohio State 63

Navy 27

Buckeyes dominated all game, brought in the backups at the start of the 4th and Navy still couldn't compete. Absolute domination...but I won't get too excited easily winning against a C- team.

4. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Texas - 49
    Louisville - 10

The #19 team in the land was no match for Texas. The Longhorns held Louisville to only 6 first downs and 162 yards of total offense. It looks like I have found a new wide receiver who does not drop passes in true freshman Joseph Martindale. He had 6 catches for 106 yards and 2 touchdowns.

5. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

FIU - 14
    Oklahoma 35

The turnover bug struck again as we had 3, 2 int 1 fumble. Early on it looked as if the running game was going to give us fits as FIU HB Andrews broke an 81 yard TD run. But the D would stiffen and he finished with 133 yards. Senior DE Watson finished with 4 sacks and a FF.

On offense we looked to open things up a little more. Senior QB Sean Hunter beat out last years start Joseph Culp for the starting job. Hunter had his ups and downs this game going 21/34 289 yards and 4 TD, he also had 2 picks, 1 was in the end zone. Our 2 young WR had big first games. Sophomore WR Mike Harris had a solid freshman year and is off to a great start. He totaled 5 receptions for 115 yards and 2 TD. True Freshman Andy Marks also had a good game with 9 catches for 127 yards and a TD. The run game was solid but not spectacular. We have decided to go with a running back by committee approach this year. Senior HB's Houston and Fowler Combined for 117 yards and a TD.

Next up the Miami Hurricanes.

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan 42
    Mid TN St 38

It was not pretty but the Wolverines kicked off 2014 with a win on the road against the Raiders. Stanford Carpenter threw for 392 yards and 4 TD despite missing a good portion of the third quarter with a shoulder injury. Ken Marshall tarted his senior campaign strong with 60 yards on 10 carries on the Wolverine opening offenive drive but left the game twice due to injury. JR WR Mike Jones was the big play guy for Michigan going for 169 yards on 3 receptions and a TD. The Michigan defensive line also had three receptions on the afternoon but unfortunately for them it was in the form of roughing the passer penalties. Next week Michigan hits the road again to head to the Pacific Northwest and a Conference Challenge date with Oregon.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Started the season off on a bad note, getting crushed at home by Boise State. The Broncos RB destroyed my defense, going for over 200 yards and scoring a boat load of TD's. Offensively, the Bruins were just bad, throwing 3 picks and really not establishing anything on the ground. My O-Line just took the day off, allowing sacks and constant pressure all game long. Looks like last season may have been a fluke, as 2 tough user games are on the horizon! Could be looking at a 0-3 start :(

8. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

I wish I could play Wyoming every week. Oregon racked up a boat load of yards en route to 44-0 victory for the Ducks. Brian Perkins led all runners with 95 yards and 3 touchdowns on 14 rushes while two quarterback's combined for two TD throws.

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Penn State- 63
    Colorado St- 7

The Nittany Lions came out swinging to open up the 2014 season outgaining the Rams 569yds to 120yds. Johnson threw for 296yds 4 TD but with 1 INT (returned for TD). The ground game was reliable as 3 RB totaled for 176yds 4 TD. The Nittany Lions also found someone to fill WR Smith and Brown's Heismans shoes in true FR Terrance Brown who finished with 7 rec 160yds 3 TD. His first collegiate catch was 62yd TD.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/19172017

The Penn State defense played extremely well pitching a shutout. The Nittany Lions held the Rams to only 120yds and forced 3 TO's. Penn State will have to bring their A+ game next week as they face defending BCS champs USC.

10. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

ECU 21
    #17 FSU 28

The Seminoles came out sloppy in their first game of the season, needing all four quarters to put away feisty East Carolina. The game started out a high note, as Soph OLB Kris Jones intercepted an ECU pass and returned it for a pick 6 TD in the first minute of the game in front of a frenzied crowd at Doak Campbell stadium. FSU would stop ECU to 3 and out on the next position. But, Sr QB Ken Holloway threw the ball behind a wide receiver and it was intercepted. Three plays later, ECU's slot receiver broke 3 tackles on a 3rd and long and scored a 54 yard TD.

FSU would drive to start the 2nd quarter and score on a Holloway to Soph WR Ken Hicks connection, to take a 14-6 lead (ECU missed their extra point). ECU would again catch lightning in a bottle, as their RB pinballed of 4 FSU defenders to score another long range TD. ECU would add the 2 point conversion to tie the game. FSU would threaten at the end of the half, but the 2nd of 3 sacks on Holloway took the Noles out of FG range.

The Seminoles went on a 12 play, 70 yard drive to take the lead on their first drive of the 3rd quarter. FSU could not stop the ECU offense on the ensuing possession and the Pirates tied the game 21-21. FSU drove to the ECU 18 on the next drive, but Soph K Erik Long missed a 35 yard FG from the right hash.

The FSU defense bent a bit on the next possession, but made a big 4th quarter stop. The offense scored a TD on the next drive, powered by the running game. The drive was capped off by Sr FB Corey Mobley's 4 yard TD. FSU would register a sack on a 4th and long on ECU's next possession. The offense was able to run out the clock for the victory.

11. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

I feel like the CPU really let me get away with one here.

SS Tony Harris picks off a pass in the end zone on the opening drive, two play later a short dump to the HB, Ronald Ward, turns into a 43 yard TD run. The next drive for Tech, my TE catches a ball, is hit, the ball flies up in the air, comes down and bounces off his butt, and a Toledo player picks it off, and runs for a TD. They had a similar interception in the third. :eek:

[​IMG]

New QB Reggie Smith was sharp on the first drive, but missed pass, after pass the rest of the game; and I mean by a lot.

With a 13-6 lead in the fourth, I've givin up on the pass, and am trying to run out the clock when, FUMBLE! I stop them. Next drive, FUMBLE. Toledo kicks a 49 yard FG. The next drive, I get to their 45, convert a 4th and 1, and down the ball three times, just happy to survive.

Unfortunately, my QB, Smith, did not. He will miss the next two weeks after being injured on a handoff midway through the fourth.

Texas Tech over Toledo 13 - 9.

Is it me, or is this game nuts?

12. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

#1 USC 41
    Notre Dame 14

"USC took care of Notre Dame for the second season in a row. USC had it's first 100 yard rusher in 2 seasons. HB R. Blake looks like a legit thread this year rushing for 200 yards and 2 TDs. Barkleys replacement QB Ricks also played well, and of course the defense in USC has gone no where with SS Golden still anchoring the secondary. A nice win by the Trojans who now head to the GRAND OLE LADY to take on Penn St for the millionth Time in the last 5 seasons."