2014 Week 1 summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Alabama fan34, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alabama fan34

Alabama fan34 Walk On

Defense that's the name of the game opening the game traveling to Will Atkinson a second year coach now has something to prove after coming in over half way through the season which he lead the bulldogs to a bowl win and a 8-5 season. The 1st quarter had the fans thinking this could be a long and competitive game which it was at the end of the 1st Florida State offensive had NO 1st downs! 7-7 going into the 2nd quarter defense for both teams were amazing in this game turnovers played a huge factor as well the bulldogs turned the ball over twice while Florida State turned the ball over four times. in all said in done it did come down to who had the ball last with the bulldogs scoring a touchdown with :35 left on the clock to take a 28-21 lead Florida State had one last shot to take it to OT but an interception down field ended that dream so the Bulldogs have a close one but a win is a win good game!

Player of the game Miss st TE Malcom Johnson with 7 recptions 111 yardsand a TD
    but his qb Dak Prescott was 18-24 275 yrds 1 td 1 int[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Gg Quattro
    Will post summary later

• Like Like x 1
  3. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Man....I'm not sure what to say about that stinker

4. Ghost

You just had a bad start was hard to recover from. My first 14 were defensive TD's

5. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

MIAMI WINS ACC VS SEC SHOWDOWN
    This week the ACC Champion Miami Hurricanes and the SEC Champion Ole Miss Rebels met in Dallas for the conference showdown that did not disappoint. It was a barn burner from the beginning with both teams scoring on most possessions and totally 76 points in the game. Ol Miss would win the coin toss and defer to the second half where Ryan Williams would lead Miami down the field on the 3 minute drive and cap it off with 37 yd td pass to Garrett Kidd. Ole Miss would get on the board with a field goal with there next possession. With the quarter drawing to a close the Canes would score a 62 yard TD pass on a blown assignment The following quarters is where the game turned in favor of the Canes, on a sack on Bo Wallace in which he would injure his shoulder and not return to the game after starting 4/4 for 49 yards. The backup for Ole Miss would not go quietly throwing 2 TD passes in the second quarter drawing the game to 31-17 at the half. The second half was dead even as both teams would get in the end zone twice with the final score of 45-31.

After the game coach Keith Stone was seen with a look of disgust towards his defense.

[​IMG]

And went and drank it off with a 30 pack of Keystone Light.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

nebraska won on another late bomb. this one 60 yards with 10 seconds left. Ppppppppppppppppppppppppppplease dont give me Nebraska again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ghost

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    35-16
    Kentucky upsets #2 Virginia Tech in impressive fashion. Kentucky jumped ahead 14-0 with 2 interceptions taken back for a TD. It would continue to go good for Kentucky and bad for Virginia Tech. More turnovers and more scoring for Kentucky. Kentucky would jump up 35-0 until VT finally started to score and went for 16 straight. 35-16 end of 3rd. 4th quarter would be pretty quiet as the only score was a FG by Kentucky.
    Final Score:38-16. gg Quattro
    Kentucky vs VT.PNG VT vs Kentucky.PNG

8. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Quarters 3 deep - prevent haha jk, these heartbreakers you've had bro, that's rough

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Did you have them in the first season? They were on your schedule for season 2, so I didn't bother to change that one.

10. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

yeah they beat me on a 50 yard bomb on the last play of the game. there read option is unstoppable. very frustating

11. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Ouch. I'll take them off your 2015 schedule if they show up there.

I'm definitely not a fan of how overpowered the read option is, especially with higher talent teams.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.