2014 Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, May 14, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2014 Week 12

We are now ADV to week 12. 2 User conference games this week so get those scheduled asap. Next advance will be some time monday or hopefully sooner. Don't forget the summaries.

Game of the Week:

#1 USC (HovathegodMC) @ #11 Oregon (Tmac6412)

Heisman Watch:
    1. WR Andy Marks Oklahoma
    2. WE Terrance Brown PSU
    3. WR Derwin Davis Va Tech
    4. WE John James OSU
    5. HB Willie Mills

(Top 4 are WRs, Hiesman Logic is so stupid in this game)

BCS Top 10:
    1. USC 1.000
    2. LSU .994
    3. Penn St .986
    4. Texas .981
    5. VA Tech .981
    6. Nebraska .975
    7. Ohio St .967
    8. Michigan .958
    9. North Carolina .947
    10. Oklahoma .941

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We are actually in week 11 and not 12. I was wondering if we skipped a week but I checked online and it says week 11.

3. Hova

Ya my fault, no way to edit it either lol

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

all you gotta do to win the heisman is throw to the same guy every play...im actually hoping James DOESNT win...that way I can keep him for his senior year and then win it

5. Hova

Top 5 on the heisman can not be persuaded to stay, say bye to all them bums

6. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Davis is a sophomore bwahahaha

7. Hova

The other 2 are freshman, he can still leave

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

I can easily make him fall off then

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Miami gets another one in the win column after a solid performance against Wake Forest. The offense was not explosive but made enough big plays. The running game was slightly more effective in this game and freshman Ellis led the way. He had 73 yards rushing and 2 TD in this game but a disappointing 3.6 yards per carry. Running backs Walden, Jones and Williams also got carries in the game and each rushed for 20 yards in the game. As for passing game, Austin didn't throw any picks but the defense batted down a lot of balls. The Demon Deacons defense went heavy on blitz packages so he rushed a lot of throws. This resulted in a few wide open TD passes, but also some sacks and poorly thrown balls.

On the defensive side the Canes gave up another 100 yard rushing game to an opposing back but most of these yards came on one play. The run defense was solid for the rest of the game. The pass defense also played well and made a few picks. Overall this was a solid defensive effort and they constantly gave the offense good field position.

Miami 55
    Wake Forest 16

10. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Clemson 49
    Florida State 28

The game started off terribly from the get go. Clemson pancaked 4 or 5 FSU defenders on the first play from scrimmage, and their freshman RB frolicked his way to a 68 yard TD. FSU would answer with a 12 play 70 yard drive to tie the score. Clemson would throw an incomplete pass on 1st down on their next possession. On 2nd down, the pancake parade continued, with the freshman HB running for 73 yards and a TD. Clemson would go up 21-7, after the Noles were stopped on a 4th and 1. FSU would score late in the 2nd quarter on one of Jr RB Kevin Vaughn's 3 rushing TD. Vaughn also added 1 receiving TD.

In the second half, FSU received the ball and went on a 13 play 75 yard drive to tie the score on another Vaughn run. The defense held Clemson to 3 and out on their next possession, but Sr QB Ken Holloway wanted to perform his best Steve Bellisari / Stanley Jackson QB performance, throwing his first of 2 pick 6's. Clemson would add another rushing TD for good measure and then return another INT for a TD the last play of the game.

A couple of the FSU offensive linemen developed whiplash during this game. They could not turn their heads around quickly enough to watch the man they were supposed to block run past them. Clemson registered 30 pancakes on only 24 rushes.

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Tennessee. 14
    Michigan. 45

with the score tied at 14 apiece midway thru the second period, the Wolverines rolled off 31 unanswered points to defeat the Vols. Ken Marshall had 4 touchdowns on the day.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 34
    Stanford - 20

UCLA rebounds from its thrashing at the hands of Cal last week and takes out the Cardinal in Palo Alto. UCLA faces the stark reality of having to beat Washington State and USC to secure a bowl bid this season. Hopefully the bye week coming up will help keep the guys focused on the task at hand.

13. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Red Raiders keep it close, but fall short at Oklahoma, 14 -10. Two interceptions by each team kept it interesting, but the Sooners run game was too much in the end.

Texas Tech 10
    Oklahoma 14

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

OSU 59

Illini 24

Big game for the Bucks as they take home the Illibuck after thrashing their hated rival senseless. Full summary in thread.

15. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

As Harris said, the INT's kept things interestings. Great defensive game(or poor offensive showings :) ) on both sides of the ball. Oklahoma was held to 298 total offense while Texas Texas gained 239 yards of total offense.

The Red Raiders had the ball early in the first quarter and were driving before an INT in the redzone ended the drive. Oklahoma marched down the field and found their selves with a 4th and 1 on the Tech 1 yard line. We decided to go for it and Herbert Fowler punched it in for the 1 yard score. Tech added a Field Goal right before half. The teams traded TD's in the second half. Tech scored their last TD with about 4 minutes left in the game. The Sooners were then able to run out the clock with their ground game.

Player of the Game Herbert Fowler 19 carries 83 yards 2 TD's, 2 receptions 28 yards

16. Hova

We are ADV tommorow, DJ and Nebraska still need to get their games in

17. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

nope i do not i won 56-23 i think lol

18. Hova

#1 USC 41
    #11 Oregon 35

Final OT

A hell of a game in the pac-10 today as USC barely escapes the win in OT. I thought for sure I had lost multiple times. The game came down to 5 seconds left with USC havving possession from the Oregon 15. I was about to get sacked and threw up a prayer and my WR caught it in the endzone tying the game with 1 second. In OT the Freshman QB threw a pick and USC then scored a TD on the following play on a handoff. I was that close to losing the pac-10. Great Game Tmac, I really thought ya had me this time.

USC squeaks pass the upset and heads to the desert next week to take on Arizona St before heading out to Lubbock for another shot at being upset.

19. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Great game Hova, this one hurts for the Ducks being that close to knocking off the No. 1 team and beating the class of the PAC-10 for the first time. Looks like its time to regroup and hope for a strong rebound game the next time out.

20. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

Nebraska-23
    aTm-15

In a game in which both offenses were God-awful, the Blackshirt defense rose to the challenge to hold off a scrappy Aggie offense in College Station. Mark Wallace and Bryan Thomas both had 10 tackles, while Jake McNair, Erik McNeal and Josh Nance all picked off Dave Slaughter passes. The Aggies were held to 215 yards of total offense as the #5 ranked Cornhuskers improve to 8-1 on the season. Coach PH gave the game ball to the Huskers nickel package, who held the Aggies to 2 for 12 on third down conversions.