2014 Week 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, May 22, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2014 Week 14

Week 14 is here. We have 3 user games this week so get workin on those. Next Advance will be no later than Tuesday night. Don't forget the summaries.

Game of the Week:

Florida State (Abolishthefed) @ #7 Ohio St (Maslerboros16)

Heisman Watch:

1. WR Terrance Brown Penn St
    2. WR Derwin Davis VA Tech
    3. WR Andy Marks Oklahoma
    4. WR John James Ohio St
    5. HB Willie Mills Texas

(If they don't fix the Heisman logic next year we wont even honor it, just do out own)

BCS Top 10
    1. USC 1.000
    2. LSU .994
    3. Penn St .986
    4. VA Tech .986
    5. Texas .978
    6. Nebraska .972
    7. Ohio St .967
    8. Miami .961
    9. Oregon .946
    10. Florida .944

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Miami 28
    Florida 14

Offense: Florida's A defense lived up to its grade and Miami had to work for every yard. Touchdowns were hard to come by in this game but QB Austin contributed to all 3. The first two touchdowns came on rushing plays and the third was on a pass to WR Reid. Freshman HB Ellis had another mediocre game but he did grind out 71 yards in this match. As for turnovers, Austin did not throw an interception but freshman WR Clayton fumbled after a reception. Miami also had a fumble reversed by a coach's challenge.

Defense: The biggest play of the game was a redzone interception by nickle corner Ingram. He caught the ball at the 12 yard line and ran 88 yards for the TD. The other big play was an interception by Richardson that ended Florida's small hope of a comeback. Miami did give up nearly 300 yards passing in this game but missed opportunities doomed Florida. They missed 2 field goals and threw 2 interceptions inside the 20.

Next game: Miami's players and coaches will sit at home for conference championship week. For the second season in a row the ACC Coastal Conference is represented by Virginia. The Hurricanes should get a BCS bowl so they will be waiting for the bowl selections to be finalized.

3. Hova

#1 USC 17
    UCLA 10

USC hangs on in the annual battle with UCLA to bring home the W in the defensive battle. USC only made a few big plays on offense that happened to be the game winning plays. Aside from those QB Ricks played terrible throwing 4 INTs 3 of which to the same CB. USC also played greast defense to only allowing 182 Yds and scoring on defense early with a Fumble Return. SS Golden sealed the game late with an INT over the middle. USC wins its 3rd straight Conference Title and heads to the Title Game for the 2nd year in a row. They still await the SEC champ game to see who they will face.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Penn State

5. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

#4 VT 38
    #20 OU 41

This was a great game between the two school. Oklahoma welcomed back HB Stephen Houston. Houston had missed the previous few games. He did not disappoint. The first play of the game Houston had a 72 yard TD run. He would go on to finish with 193 yards and 3 TD. It would not be a happy ending for the senior as he suffered another injury that will keep him out of the bowl game.

Fast forward to the 4th quarter. The Sooners entered the quarter with a 14 point lead and everything was looking good. VT was not about to give up. They had a nice drive to start the quarter that ended in a 1 yard Holloway TD. Oklahoma had about 4 minutes left and seemed to have things in control. We were driving down to near the redzone when our offense ran out of gas. We thought we had an easy field goal to put us up 10 with about 2 minutes left. But our kicked pushed it wide left. VT had a chance and capitalized. They scored the game tying TD with only 6 seconds left in the game, another Holloway run from 2 yards out.

OT

VT won the coin toss and elected to receive. On 2nd or 3rd down, cannot remember which, DE Watson collected his 12 tackle and 3rd sack of the game. VT would hit a 51 yard FG to go up 3.

Oklahoma quickly got to the 5 yard line and looked to punch in the game winning TD. 1st down Fowler had a 4 yard run to the 1 yard line. 2nd down we gave the ball to the FB who was stuffed, but there was a holding call on the play. It was now 2nd and 11. Incomplete pass. Crap I didnt want another FG attempt after missing one earlier. One would not be needed. Heisman candidate Andy Marks hauls in the game winner to finish off VT.

Great game DJ. That was one of the most fun online games I have been involved in.

6. Hova

The FSU/OSU game is being simmed due to connection issues. If you get on tonight Tmac get your game in and I will adv in the morning b4 I go out of town. If not I will just advance tues morning.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Great game Hova. That early fumble and return by you really had me thinking this was going to be a blow out. Fortunately, the 4 picks really helped me stay in the game. That running back of yours is pretty darn good too. USC's defense was really good. I had very little time to pass and when I did, it was either short passes with very little YAC. Im hoping next year will be my year to take down the mighty Trojans!