2014 Week 2 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, May 8, 2010.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

2014 Week 2 Scores

Headlines

Florida State and Texas will battle for the early #1 ranking and both dominated in their week 1 matchups. What a surprise by the Sooners putting together a what seems to be a complete game and Oregon laying a chicken egg after believing they should be in the Title race, they better bring their A game v. USC this year. Florida and Miami looked like it was one of the better games in C2C history as both teams played stifling defense and the team that could make the most plays at the right time would win. Alabama comes out of the gates flat again as Nebraska is able to take the win. USC moves up to number 1 with their performance against Ohio State and Michigan gets a dub and will take on Notre Dame which should be a classic.

Week 2 Schedule
    Column 1 Column 2
    Alabama Ole Miss
    Florida @ USC
    Florida State Texas
    Miami BYE
    Michigan Notre Dame
    Nebraska Oregon
    Notre Dame @ Michigan
    Ohio State BYE
    Oklahoma BYE
    Oregon @ Nebraska
    Texas @ Florida State
    USC Florida

Headliner- #2 Texas @ #3 Florida State

National Game of the Week- #4 Florida @ #1 USC

National Coverage- #7 Notre Dame @ #15 Michigan

Regional Coverage- #12 Oregon @ #6 Nebraska

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Bravejaf's can I do better than Dru's 1-3 record from week 1 picks :)

#2 Texas @ #3 Florida State

The deep ball is alive and well at Florida State with Smith returning to the huddle for Florida State. Can he continue tossing it downfield without his main weapons? On the other side Texas gave Florida State a battle last season and they were playing without their starting QB, will Felder be the difference? I think Texas will keep this one close but I think Florida's defense and passing game will do enough to win this game. I'm gonna give the Seminoles the close victory.
    FSU -3

#4 Florida at #1 USC

Both teams are coming off big wins in their opening matches. For Florida the transition from Reed to McCloud started off great. Can McCloud keep his hot streak going? Ove on the USC side the Trojans are fresh off the loss of star QB Matt Barkley but they managed a decisive win against Ohio State in week 1. This looks like another close battle but I'm going with the Gators by 7.
    Gators -4

#7 Notre Dame at #15 Michigan

The teams are fairly equal in regards to on the field talent, Notre Dame has a slight lead. This is not the first time these teams have met on the field with these coaches, and there is been some epic battles in the past. Michigan has yet to win a big game but something tellls me this could be the game for the Wolverines. I'm predicting coach Bondzai to pull off a win in this game in a very close battle.
    Michigan -2

#12 Oregon at #6 Nebraska

Oregon comes into the game needing a win after losing to Oklahoma in week 1. Can the Ducks stop the skid or will they fall 0-2 to start the season? On the other side, Nebraska got a big win in week 1 over Alabama. Coach Bogey has proven he can beat teams with more talent so this should be a very interesting match. I will give the edge to Bogey/Nebraska in another close game.
    Nebraska -7

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

You got the spreads wrong Brave. It would be FSU -3 if you think they are going to win....

Thanks,

Degenerative Gambling Guy

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

LOL, fixed. I wasn't really posting spreads but my predicted margin of victory but I changed it to spreads.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'll post some highlights from the 41-44 loss Florida suffered at the Coliseum but I'll do full write-up tomorrow when I have a bit more time. Note these are all Florida highlights but I'm sure Hippo will have some of the USC highlights.

Gray intercepts a pass from USC QB Love:
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/19870523

Backup QB Douglas to #4 WR Carter for the TD:
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/19870515

Carter with another TD reception, this time from starter McCloud:
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/19870528

McCloud finds a wide open Richards for an easy TD:
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/19870528

Burns with a very nice TD grab, McCloud's 3rd TD pass of the game:
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/19870587

6. KnightNoles

FSU preserves home-field beats Tex on big hit fumble

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th F
    Texas 7 7 7 7 28
    FSU 7 0 14 14 35

A game that neither team should have lost and a heart-breaker for the Longhorns. Fast forward with under 1:00 to go Texas has the ball inside the Noles 10 yardline. FSU has been blitzing and aggressive all drive when Texas got inside the redzone, trying to force Felder into a mistake. A 1st down and Texas calls a PA pass which Felder tries to hit Bell in the flat, he catches it turns up field for a yard or two and is big hit fumble while MLB Brian Adams scoops the ball up and races 91 yards for the game winning TD.

Texas had an excellent game plan, Felder and his group of WRs pretty much showed up the defense of FSU along with the Longhorn defense completely shutting down the Noles high powered run game.

Game Winning TD

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Texas FSU
    Score 28 35
    First Downs 16 17
    Total Offense 441 356
    Rushes-Yards-TD 24-114-1 25-21-1
    Comp-Att-TD 19-26-3 26-35-3
    Passing Yards 327 335
    3rd Down 3-8 (50) 9-14 (64)
    4th Down 1-1 (100) 1-1 (100)
    Redzone-TD-FG 3-2-0 (66) 4-3-0 (75)
    Turnovers 3 1
    Fumble 1 0
    Interception 2 1
    Total Yards 586 455
    Punts-Avg 2-39.0 3-45.7
    Pen-Yards 1-10 3-30
    TOP 13:19 14:41

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Good win Noles, in the end you made more plays than I did.

Hopefully losing early gives me a chance to claw my way back into the title race.

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Game-losing RZ turnovers suck! Tough loss Dru. Nice win Noles.

and I hate to do this to you Dru, but your WR burned his CB on that one...

9. Dru50

Yeah, that hb isn't seeing the field again. Hang onto the f***ing ball...

10. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Yeah, great game again brave. I'll do a summary sometime tomorrow, hopefully with some vids. Crazy back and forth game, 35 points scored in the 4th quarter. USC managed to get a few breaks when it counted and somehow snuck away with the victory.

Looks like another good game between FSU-Texas. That's a tough way to lose a game like that Dru. I feel for ya on that one.

11. KnightNoles

A 6 OT THRILLER

Details will come shortly or tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!​

12. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Notre Dame beats Michigan 73-71 in 7 overtimes!!!!!

Details and videos to follow tomorrow night.

13. astealthyhippo

I just saw the score on easportsworld.....holy catshit monkey balls....

14. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Holy shit!

Can't wait to read this one! WOW!

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Wow I should have stayed in the party with you guys. That must have been an insane game. Somehow the 44-41 USC/Florida game seems like the least exciting user vs user match from this week. I'm not sure what Bogey/Max would need to do to finish as the most exciting game of the week.

16. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Damn. Yeah. I wish I would have jumped in the party chat earlier instead of playing fuckin' MW2...

17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Daaayyyum!!

18. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Both users went over the 70 point limit so throw out the result and PLAY AGAIN

19. Dru50

Dang, last night was a night for tight games.

Nice win Twist, what they heck kind of stats did you guys put up? Must have been crazy since you basically played a game and a half.

20. astealthyhippo

[​IMG] @ [​IMG]

1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final[/SIZE][/B]
    # 4 Florida 7 10 3 21 41
    # 1 USC 10 17 3 14 44

Yards UF USC
    Passing yards 340 241
    Comp/Att 22/30 12/16
    Rushing yards 110 175
    Rush Att 24 38
    Total yards 450 416
    Turnovers 0 2

It was a back and forth game. USC managed to force Florida to punt their first 2 possessions and was able to build a quick lead. A long field goal by USC at the end of the first half made it USC 27 - Florida 17. Both teams only managed a field goal in the 3rd quarter. Then all hell broke loose.

Florida scored a touchdown, making the score USC 30 - Florida 27. On the ensuing possession, USC QB Marvin Love forced a throw into double coverage that was picked off. Florida took advantage of the turnover, scoring a TD and taking their first lead of the game, Florida 34 - USC 30. USC answered on a long drive, scoring on a Shannon Jones run, USC 37 - Florida 34.

With approx. 3 minutes Florida got the ball back with a chance to take the lead. The Gators chucked the ball all over the field, as they did all day long, and scored on a fly route by the slot receiver, Florida 41 - USC 37. USC now had a 1 minute 30 seconds to try to score. After an incomplete pass and a sack, Marvin Love called his offense to the line and quickly audibled to a different pass play. WR Bruce Bell ran a 10 yard in route and WR Kyle Silva ran a post. Love threw the ball deep over the middle to Silva, who somehow came down with the ball and didn't have a single man to beat on his way to the endzone.

Florida only had approx. 20 seconds to try to get into field goal range, but they couldn't make it happen. A final hail mary pass was broken up and the Trojans somehow manage to hang on to defeat the Gators, 44-41. This was an extremely exciting game and there were so many ups and downs throughout the game. Brave played really well and I would say he easily outplayed me, I just got lucky one more time than he did.

Videos:

I'll upload and update tonight.

21. Dru50

Nice win hippo, you are making some noise as the new guy around here.

22. astealthyhippo

[​IMG]

Me making noise...

Thanks Dru, I appreciate it. I am very lucky to come away 2-0 after those user games. Hopefully I can keep it going.

23. Dru50

That game with Oregon really looms large for you. Not sure who your other user game is against, but if you can win those two games you will be in the driver seat for a national title shot against Noles.

Of course, I'm hoping you stumble somewhere along the way because I plan on finishing with one loss and am hoping to get another shot at him.

24. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm thinking along the same lines, except I'm hoping Noles loses so I get another crack at Hippo in championship game.

25. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

You need to hope I slip up again this season. Take away that onside kick and Bama would have their 2nd straight conference title.