2014 Week 2 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Alabama fan34, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alabama fan34

Alabama fan34 Walk On

This week the Bulldogs took on the comadors of Vandy with my star running back Nick Griffin having a torn shoulder and out for the next 7 weeks my back up Josh Robinson to take the starting position. This was not even a contest a near blowout win a 38-7 showing Vandys only TD came off a 97 yard kick off return late in the 3rd but after that the bulldogs continued to dominate with their offense. Vandy had many chances to score but couldn't capitalize with two long missed field goals!
    Prescott went 18-22 276 yrs 1 td i pick
    Player of the game was Robinson with 37 carries 185 yrds and 2 tds
    now thats how The Bulldogs play!
    miss st2.jpg miss st3.jpg

2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

South Carolina outlasts Texas A&M 59-56. Carolina couldn't run the ball at all (finishing with 24 carries for 46 yards after taking sacks into account), so they relied on the arm of Dylan Thompson. Thompson would not disappoint, going 32/41 for 613 yards, 4 TDs and 1 INT. The Carolina defense WOULD disappoint, as they allowed Manziel to go 32/37 for 324 yards and 5 TDs. Manziel also ran for 47 yards and a TD on 11 carries. HB Brandon Williams ran the ball 25 times for 225 yards and 1 TD. It was simply a game of zero defense (outside of A&M's rushing defense) on both sides of the ball, the whole game through.

Next up for the Gamecocks are the much improved Georgia Bulldogs, who will be looking for revenge after losing to South Carolina last season.

3. HuskerPower

HuskerPower Walk On

Might've just played the best game in all my years playing NCAA. Even though i lost haha. Great game Riptides

• Like Like x 2
  4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Looking forward to seeing the write-up Riptides

5. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Dawgs "Welcome" Tigers to Sanford Stadium
    but win squeaker 53-51

When I say welcome, I mean it. Literally the first play from scrimmage was an offtackle run by T. Gurley who proceeded to lay the ball on the ground and allow CB Danted Stewart to scoop it and score with only 8 seconds elapsing off the clock. This is not how the home dawgs wanted to start this game. The dawgs didn't panic as they came back with a heavy dose of their main man Gurley along with a few passes to keep the D honest ultimately sneaking a pass over the middle to Justin Scott Wesley. The recovery was short lived as QB Kelly hit Sammy Watkins less than a minute later on a huge 3rd down to go 70 yards. He shook off a couple of DB's and used his elite speed to reach the endzone leaving everyone else in his wake. The first quarter would pretty much come to an end as Georgia tied the score at 14 with 17 seconds left on a 15 yard keeper by Lemay. This was actually off of a pass play where everyone was blanketed and pressure came from the ends forcing Lemay right up the middle.

The second quarter was not a kind one to the dawgs as the tigers were able to get an INT by Stewart (who at this point is killing the dawgs with 2 huge TO's). The Tigers were first able to get a huge 4th down conversion at the dawgs 39 yard line as Z. Brooks took a screen the distance as the D was selling out on the run. One of the best plays of the game though was by Sammy Watkins as he took a 15 yard pass from Kelly over the middle as he reached up and snagged it with one hand to give the tigers a demanding 28-14 lead with just over a minute to go in the half. Dawgs knew they had to do something as Clemson was also going to receive the opening kickoff of the 2nd half and the potential to be buried early was just around the corner. So better than nothing as time expired Marshall Morgan connected on a 27 yard FG. Halftime: Clemson - 28 Georgia - 17

After the first half fireworks and compared to what comes later the third quarter was a real snoozer as the only points scored was a 20 yard FG by Clemson's Sam Woods. Throw in a couple of punts and another fumble by the dawgs and that sums up the exciting 3rd quarter.

The fourth quarter belonged to the Dawgs. Actually the second half I would have to give it up to the dawgs defense only allowing 3 points to a powerful Clemson offense. The dawgs offense came up with some really big runs out of the tandem RB's Gurley and Marshall. Marshall took a few runs outside off of the triple option which is very hard to contain if run properly. Gurley dove in from 2 yds out to pull the dawgs within 7 for the first since the first quarter. The dawgs D held once more on the next possession to give their offense a shot to make this game really exciting. A methodical drive was capped off the Marshall from 3 yards out at the 2 minute mark. This actually really made HC Bud Kilmer nervous because 2 minutes is a ton of time for this Clemson offense. However, the dawgs D hunkered down one more time as they were able to hold and believe it or not give the offense one more shot to actually win this thing. A couple of crossing patterns over the middle were open as the Clemson D dropped off in coverage a bit. Lemay called a TO as the offense crept into FG range with 3 seconds on the clock. The Clemson D double iced the veteran kicker causing him to miss the FG by mere inches and sending this one for the ages to OT.

The lack of scoring in the second half was made for in OT of course. Clemson won the toss and went on D to begin. Dawgs offense continued what they had done all game long with quality running plays capped off by a Gurley 2 yard scamper. Kelly came right back wasting no time completing a couple of passes and finishing it off with a 4 yard QB keeper. Clemson turned around and went on O to begin the second overtime and wasted no time again as Kelly hit Watkins from 22 yards out to silence the home crowd. Now the dawgs down 7 and have to score a TD to continue went backwards on the first play as Gurley kept his feet but kept back tracking for an 8 yard loss. This spelled trouble as the dawgs didn't have a 2nd and 18 play to call. They decided to try and get a little back with the triple option which turned out to be a life save as Marshall took the pitch and used his track speed to beat everyone to the corner on a 33 yard score. OT #3 begins and the dawgs continue to climb on the back of Gurley as he would finish the day with 28 rushes and 156 adding his final score from 11 yards out as well the dreaded 2 pt conversion which is now required as its in the 3rd OT. The crowd is ecstatic as they now know Clemson has to score and convert the 2 pt conversion. Well the excitement was short lived as Kelly hit TE Seckinger on the first play for a 25 yard TD. The game was finally decided as Kelly on what looked like some type of read option was stuffed as the safety came flying up and wouldn't let go giving the dawgs a wild 53-51 triple OT win in week two of the 2014 season.

Top Players:

Clemson - QB Kelly 13/19 232 yards and 5 TD's
    WR Watkins 4 catches 108 yards and 3 TD's

Georgia - RB Gurley 28 rushes 125 yards and 3 TD's
    RB Marshall 7 rushes 125 yards and 2 TD's

GREAT GAME HuskerPower

• Like Like x 2
  6. HuskerPower

HuskerPower Walk On

Great write up man! I couldn't stop that triple option to save my life haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.