2014 Week 3 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, May 12, 2010.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

2014 Week 3 Scores

Wow, what ride in...

Welcome to Saturday, I don't think we could have another week 2 if we tried to duplicate it. We had OTs, down to the wire games and a close call in the SEC. USC and Florida came down to who ever had the ball last and it ended up being USC kicking the GW FG. FSU and Texas came down to a turnover in the redzone and then coaches had to put out the fire in the post game interviews. Alabama shows a vulnerable side as they stepped into a trap game and came out victors 66-52 against Ole Miss. Oregon and Nebraska came down to the wire when Nebraska was up 3 with the ball and Oregon forced a fumble and later scored to go up 4 when Nebraska was driving for the GW score but forced the Ducks came up with a TO. The Game of the Week turned out to be Michigan and Notre Dame 7 OT game that will probably not be topped in TFs career.

Week 3 Schedule
    Column 1 Column 2
    Alabama Ohio State
    Florida @ Tennessee
    Florida State Boston College
    Miami Clemson
    Michigan Oklahoma
    Nebraska @ Uconn
    Notre Dame @ Michigan State
    Ohio State @ Alabama
    Oklahoma @ Michigan
    Oregon Washington State
    Texas BYE
    USC BYE

Headliner- #3 Oklahoma @ #19 Michigan

Battle of the 1 Loss- #11 Ohio State @ #8 Alabama

2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Yeah, it would be hard to match those user games from last week. Every single game was close and really could have gone either way.

I'll try my hand at picking games this week...there hasn't been much success in previous weeks, so I don't have much to live up to :D

#3 Oklahoma @ #19 Michigan

Oklahoma comes into this game after beating Oregon in Week 1. That was a close game that many thought Oregon would win. Michigan is fresh off a 71-73 defeat at the hands of Notre Dame. Can Bond rally the troops and take it to Juggernaut? It would be nice to see after that tough loss, but I think Michigan will be a little sluggish after last week's game.
    - Oklahoma by 10

#11 Ohio State @ #8 Alabama

A pivotal game for both teams after each suffered tough losses in week 1. Ohio State played well in their week 1 game, and will look to eliminate turnovers which cost them dearly (keep your finger the EFF off the pitch button :D). Alabama lost to a good Nebraska Team in Lincoln. I'm not sure if they've played previously, but on paper this looks like a close game.
    - Ohio State by 3

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Oh! So this is how my gameplan is supposed to work...

The Ducks destroy Washington State in Eugene 56-6. Run game? Check. Passing game? Check. Defense? Check. The Cougars were dropping like flies as the Duck defense continually blew up the QB/ ball carrier. HB Pearson had 2 fumbles before the coach got in his ear and told him to hang on to the ball... That is not a good sign.
    The stats tell the story.

James
    7/8 194yd 1TD 0INT
    23ATT 187yd 2TD

Pearson
    15ATT 150yd 2TD (long 65)

Haas
    3REC 114yd 1TD (long 67)

Jones
    2SACK

4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Max, you do realize that Washington State would get thrashed by around half of the Sun Belt Conference don't you?

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

That thought crossed my mind when I read his post. :D

6. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

[​IMG]

Don't be hatin' on the Pac-10

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Just saying I won't be bragging about my defense being fixed when I beat Kentucky 70-0 in a couple weeks. :)

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Florida 66
    Tennessee 14

The lack of interceptions this season compared to last has caused some interesting consequences. For the offense, they have been forced to drive the length of the field almost every drive but they have succeeded. Right now McCloud is on pace to throw for 4500 yards and he missed a half of football in the USC match. So far this season McCloud has out played ex-Gator Jordan Reed, a member of Florida's hall of fame. McCloud has demonstrated the ability to hit his receivers in stride which has led to some big plays. One such play was an 88 yard TD pass to Palmer on a perfectly thrown post route. In total McCloud for passed for 400 yards and 3 touchdowns. More importantly he avoided turning the ball over and he has started 3 games without 1 turnover so far this season.

The other consequence of the defense failing to intercept passes is more points allowed. Tennessee did not put up many points against Florida but they were able to move the ball effectively. Both the running game and passing game had some big gains against the Gators' defense. The defense was able to force a few turnovers (1 interception, 2 fumble recoveries) to stop most of the Volunteers' attacks. Derrick Rodgers was all over the field and he finished with 14 tackles from the strong safety spot. He also grabbed the lone interception for Florida in this game. Cornerbacks Gray, Lane and Johnson dropped interceptions that would have likely been caught by ball hawk Joshua Evans.

Next up is some other SEC team that will likely lose by 60. I want to say that Kentucky is the next whipping pole for Florida to take on. Unlike Alabama we do not plan on surrendering 50+ points to an inferior SEC opponent. I'm actually upset we gave up 14 to a ranked Tennessee team so giving up a TD to Kentucky will have the defense running stadium stairs after the game.

Offensive Player of the Game: McCloud

Defensive Player of the Game: Rodgers (14 tackles, 1 INT)

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Maybe.

You realize that Oregon would thrash the SEC dont you?:)

My D was "fixed" right after my week 1 game.
    Someone must still be feeling the sting of a trip out West.

Everyone's CPU games should be big wins by now, I just started out with 2 users games and was interested to see how everything would work against the CPU. Haters... ;)

10. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Oklahoma - 35
    Michigan - 7

Score should have been 35 - 10 as we got disconnected right at the end of the 1st half with OU up 14 - 3. We played another half and it ended 21 - 7 so 35 - 10 is the real final. I know this is said too much but it really was a closer game than the score shows. The pick 6 as you were about to score at least 3 early in the game really hurt you and there were a few other big plays that swung things. Just seemed like I got the MO and not much you could do. Good game.

11. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I was down 7-0 and Jugg was in the red zone and he threw a pick. I drove down the field using a good mix of run and pass and go to about the 20. Then I threw a terrible pass that was way late to a receiver that was running a comeback route and the Oklahoma DB jumped in front of him and took it to the house to make it 14-0. It was basically over after that. Other than that first drive I couldn't get much offense going. When I tried to run, his defense would get to the HB quickly and when I tried to pass my QB got swarmed. That Oklahoma defense is pretty nasty.

You know who else is nasty? That would be Oklahoma QB Ben Hinds. He throws like Peyton Manning, runs like Michael Vick, and breaks tackles like Jerome Bettis. Oklahoma came out of nowhere to recruit this guy away from Michigan and Alabama and it was a good move because he is ridiculous.

12. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Yeah, I was surprised myself a little when he shrugged off some of those tackles from D-lineman. He's probably more clutch than Peyton Manning (who isn't?) but certainly has some work to do to pass like him.

13. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

ND: 31 MSU: 0

The Irish really struggles on offense with the loss of starting RB James Grimes for 7 weeks and Lionel Yates had the worst game of his career. Yates went 5-13 for 48 yards and 1 td and 2 ints. QB Ron Moore came in with a hot hand a legs to lead the Domers to a win. Moore went 7-9 for 112 yards and 1 td and int. He also had the momentum shifter play of the game:

[youtube]8Beql6faJ-Q[/youtube]

The D was very stout this game as Mark May had 8 tackles, 4 tfl, and 3 sacks and DE Mike Johnson had 6 tackles, 3 tfl and 1 sack.

RB Roddy Waller had a good game, with 37 attempts for 199 yards and 1 td.

14. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Alabama - 42

Ohio State - 21

More details in about an hour

15. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Will get this thing advanced soon. I think there is a game or 2 that haven't been written about so try to get that in. Try to pick this baby up!