2014 Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2014 Week 3

We are now into week 3. Only one user game this week so get that one scheduled. Next advance no later than sunday night. Should be a fast one.

Game of the Week:

Michigan (Big Suge Knight) vs UCLA (Recchem2000)

Don't forget your summaries, Good luck this week.

2. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Va Tech- 45
    GT- 0

And the beat goes on for the Hokies!!! They lose starting RB Greg Halloway again for 3 weeks but another turnoverless game for the passers and you can see why he wasnt needed that much this game. Justin Harrell filled in again nicely 21 rushes 70 yards 2 tds. Heisman Candidate Derwin Davis again has a huge game 5 receptions 138 yards 1 td. Mike Davis a freshman wideout stading 6'5 boasting blazing speed had 3 rec. for 58 yards one being a touchdown of 36 yards where he just flat out burned the CB.

The defense again played big as freshman FS Jeremiah Adkins had 13 tackles 3 tfl's 1 sack and 2 picks one that went for a TD. Speed CB Marvin Shelton had 3 tackles 1 tfl 2 picks one for a TD. Junior SS Chase Joseph had 5 tackles 1 pick also this game.

Next week the team again travels to hostile territory to face Penn State in their house. Smith will again have to step up this game and keep the offense poised and keep turnovers low. Va Tech already has a +9 turnover difference and dont show any signs of slowing down anytime soon. If the lions hope to walk out with a W they better keep them turnovers down...

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ohio State 45

Kent State 21

Easy win for the Bucks. Summary to come later.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Miami wins an ugly game against Clemson but sloppy offensive play will need to be addressed in upcoming weeks. The Cane offense was awful in this game. Quarterbacks Austin and Robinson couldn't hit water from a boat. The wide receivers didn't help matters, dropping passes and taking 4+ seconds to get off a bump. I'd like to say the running game was clicking but that too struggled in this game due to shaky offensive line play and computer AI that knew exactly what play I called every single time. All together Miami managed just 2 offensive touchdowns in this game and the final TD came after starting at the opponent's 12 yard line. Freshman kick returner Jones did get a kick return TD in the game to open the 2nd half.

On defense the Hurricanes were beaten by 2 long 70+ runs but held down camp the rest of the game. The Miami pass defense was the key in this game. They allowed just 2 completions in the game and Clemson had just 11 yards passing. The defense also racked up 8 sacks in the game and they forced 2 interceptions. The final interception was returned for a touchdown and that TD bumped the lead from 5 to 12 with under 2 minutes left in the game. Senior cornerback Thomas grabbed the other interception for Miami. As for the sacks, sophomore linebacker Matthews led the charge with 3 sacks in this game.

Miami 33
    Clemson 14

Note: We really need to look at CPU run blocking sliders. They had 30+ pancakes on my team, my offense recorded just 4 pancake blocks.

Example #1: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/19284962

Example #2: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/19284965

Nearly my entire team was taken down in each play. Even their wide receivers were racking up 3 or 4 pancakes in this game.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 21
    Michigan - 28

Had a chance at the end to tie this thing up, but my QB fumbled the ball on a scramble inside the Wolverine 20 yard line. UCLA started off terrible, going down 28-7 early in the 3rd quarter. But, the defense forced 2 fumbles with some big hits and the offense finally came alive to make a game of it. Without the turnovers, this would have been blow out city for Michigan. GG Suge and good luck the rest of the season.

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan moves to 3 - 0 on the season

UCLA 21
    Michigan 28

In front of a packed stadium at the Big House, the tenth ranked Wolverines defeated the visiting Bruins 28 - 21. Chris Parker received the start as Michigan jumped out to a 14 - 0 first quarter lead on a 16 yard Parker to Mike Jones TD pass and a 40 yard pick six by J Holley. In the second quarter the teams each put a touchdown on the board. As the teams came out of the locker room in the second half, Ken Mitchell broke off a 53 yard run which set up his 2 yard off tackle touchdown plunge. Michigan then forced a UCLA punt but redshirt freshman Darron Ward put the rock on the turf setting up a three play 27 yard TD drive for UCLA. On their next possession, Michigan ran 3:43 off the clock and looked to close out the quarter until Marshall coughed up the rock again at their own ten yard line. The hundred plus thousand shocked Michigan fans then watched a well orchestrated 90 yard touchdown drive by UCLA, bringing the score to 21 - 28. A quick three and out by Michigan gave the ball back to UCLA on its own 20 yard line with all the momentum in the world. Twelve plays and three minutes later, UCLA QB Robert Cannon dropped to find all his receivers covered, as he fled the pocket and broke a tackle, Michigan LB Alfred Bonds placed a well timed hit freeing the ball. Safety Kareem Wood scooped up the ball and returned it to midfield. An 18 yard run by Marshall enabled Michigan to kneel and run out the clock. Marshall secured the game MVP award with 149 yards on 21 caries and a touchdown.

Good game Recchem

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

only 2 games to be played...let's goooooo

8. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

#16 Oklahoma 45
    Tulsa 6

The Sooners improved to 3-0 with a dominating win over Tulsa. We held Tulsa to 197 yards of total offense, only 16 of which was rushing yards. The offense once again relied on the passing game. WR's Mike Harris(3-93-1TD) and Andy Marks(7-139-1TD) are proving to be a nice combination. We are still having trouble with INT's but hope to work through that.

Next week we have a bye.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

is Thomas your starting QB Ceewo?

10. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Sean Hunter is my starter, backed up by Joseph Culp. Not sure who Thomas is.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

he must have graduated already. I use oklahoma in the eleague and Thomas is my starter...he is INT prone....maybe it's just a Sooner thing?

12. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I think its more of a ceewo thing :)

13. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Boston College 7
    Florida State 25

FSU held BC to 94 total yards and BC was successful on only 1 of 10 3rd downs. The Eagles' lone TD happened on a 3rd quarter pick 6 of FSU QB Ken Holloway. FSU ran for 128 yards and threw for 180 yards in the contest.

14. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

good lets get this advanced

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

yaa i wanna start conference play already

16. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Cnic still has to recruit. Advance is tonight at 10 PM est

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

he's done

18. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Sunday afternoon is a great time for football!

19. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I think Hova works today hence the stern, "advance is tonight at 10pm est". So don't wait around, I think it looks like we won't advance until tonight.

20. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

he gets off at 6