2014 Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Nov 20, 2011.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

T[​IMG]

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.
    =============== #11 Washington Huskies (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Washington won 36-3 against LSU (0-1).
    This week, the Huskies will host Illinois (0-1).
    =============== #3 Michigan Wolverines (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 37-13 against Central Michigan (1-1).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to South Bend to face the #20 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-0).
    =============== #1 Arizona Wildcats (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Wildcats were idle.
    This week, the Wildcats will host #21 USF (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Pat Cameron has committed to Arizona
    =============== #17 Utah Utes (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Utah won 52-10 against Utah State (0-1).
    This week, the Utes will host BYU (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Seth Howard has committed to Utah
    =============== #20 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Notre Dame won 31-7 against Stanford (0-2).
    This week, the Fighting Irish will host #3 Michigan (2-0).
    =============== #19 South Carolina Gamecocks (0-1) ===============
    Last week the Gamecocks were idle.
    This week, the Gamecocks will host #12 Georgia (1-1).
    =============== #25 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 42-10 against Cincinnati (0-2).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Boise to face the #14 Boise State Broncos (1-0).

2. egofailure

Arizona and Washington has played, and The Game is scheduled to be simmed, so we'll advance once Goose, carolinaeasy, and bdub play.

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

The Game is OSU vs. Michigan, not ND vs. Michigan ;) maybe I need to give Arch back OSU so you quit getting confused.

4. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

You just want my Irish again. :) Just signed a nice WR recruit - my first of the year. More on that later.

5. egofailure

Haha, I can't seem to shake the Arch/OSU relationship. All those Buckeye avatars and pre-2011 Jim Tressel love-fests are forged in my brain.

6. bdub

bdub Walk On

I won't be able to play until late tonight.

7. The Dude

I still love Tress.

Looks like I'll have to learn to love Urban Meyer next :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. bdub

bdub Walk On

He is easy to love

9. The Dude

I remember when he left BGSU for Utah - I knew right away he'd do big things there.

10. bdub

bdub Walk On

He is an amazing coach, but most importantly I think he is a good guy who goes about coaching the right way. I fully expect you guys to be winning championships pretty quickly.

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

So you are going to become a PSU fan? Cause we talked to him about a month ago. Inside info...

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

13. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I won't buy it until I see the press conference. From what I have been told by 1st hand knowledge, is that PSU is very much in the running for him, and the feeling was at the time mutual.

14. The Dude

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...n-meyer-says-no-ohio-state-interview-or-offer

Now, from the looks of things, it appears the Urban will coach again, and my interpretation of it is that he would likely do so in Columbus. Here's what I see between the lines:
    1. The reporter is trying to make it look like OSU is going to get him. Right or not, that's the lean of the story.
    2. There's no mention of PSU, or any school other than Arizona, but it's unlikely that Meyer would sign there ... at least not now. Pen State's issues are just beginning. It's most likely that they will stay with the interim coach for now, and make changes based on what happens next. Even if the schools are completely even in terms of prestige (which they're not - close, but not quite) OSU's issues are declining; they're in a better position to move forward. He's a respected figure who's seriously concerned with the state of the game = perfect fit for a school looking to get right with the NCAA. The Bucks are going to make a huge offer, much bigger than Saban's, I bet.
    3. My guess - either Meyer takes the OSU job, or he takes no job and we do this dance again next year, and maybe PSU is in the running then. I just don't think they're in the running now.

15. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Let me preface this by saying that we are both homers for our respective schools so nothing either of us say will make much difference. BUT the worst is behind PSU. From what I am getting told things will look much better for Paterno once the trial rolls around. The Attorney General's office let slip Friday that Joe followed up with Curley and Schulz 3 days after the meeting with McQueary and was told the Police were handling the situation. He followed up again 3 months later and was told the DA was not pursuing the situation. According the GJ testimony Joe went through the roof about this and demanded he be banned from campus. He was told he was not authorized to such, he then demanded they take his keys from the Lasch Building (Football Complex) which they did. He was not allowed back in the football buildings and the reports that he was lifting in their facilities have turned out to be false. (You of all people should understand how much ESPN sensationalizes information without proper fact checking)

All the outrage was directed at Joe because the media steered the narrative that way and no one from PSU attempted to do anything about it until Wednesday, a full 4 days after the story broke. As for Joe everything that was said about him is that he failed to do anything other than what he was supposed to do. I can agree with that to an extent. But you have to realize we do not have the full story about what happened with him. We have 2 pages that talk about his role in a 23 page document. His GJ testimony reportedly lasted 2 days. Why didn't he get listed more. Because, and Arch I think you will get this reference, he was like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern in Hamlet. He was only developed in the GJ narrative enough to serve his purpose in the plot. The document needed to be sharp and to the point. The trial is where the rest of the details come into play.

Second, Joe is a major witness for the prosecution. Without him Curley and Schulz are innocent in a court of law. So by putting his entire testimony in a GJ indictment document they basically allow their defense to set up to poke holes in his testimony. Which is the football equivalent of publishing your gameplan for an opponent on your schools website on Monday of gameweek. It is just stupid.

With that said, in the end I don't believe there will be any long term ramifications on the football program. Sure people will make "claims" that the program is tainted, but with a new head coach and a cleaned house what justification is there? NCAA sanctions are actually much more likely to occur at OSU over the Tressell situation than they are at PSU over the Sandusky situation.

16. The Dude

I'm not saying that PSU is tainted ... only that they're still a top news story and will remain so for quite some time to come. I like Penn State and I hope everyone comes out of this as good guys. Who did what is all still to be determined for the most part - but, and this is the thing we can't really get around, the news will drive the level of difficulty for the program. Same thing happened at OSU - violations there were relatively mild, especially when compared to the number of other programs we know to be terribly dirty, but the news coverage was non-stop for months. Regardless of who did what in happy valley, those months of coverage haven't really happened yet, and they will. We're just at the beginning of it. That will affect the program, and it will deter the next big name from taking the job, or at least it will make that name pause and reflect about what else might be out there. Recruits will go other places (or at least some will) and public perception will take a huge hit.

I truly hope the coaching staff turns out to be better than the present story line makes them out to be. I hope PSU and the entire Big Ten come out of this for the better. I just don't think a big name is going to commit until the cloud passes over, and the time frame we're talking about (less than a month before bowl season) really hurts their chances of getting the next big name to come in. maybe someone big is forward-looking enough to want to be the guy who gets the credit for "bringing them back" so to speak, but it's more likely a gig for an up-and-coming guy or someone with a long history with the program. If the coaching staff gets vindicated in some way during the trial, then I see the job staying in house, which was the plan before, right?

17. Goose

Goose Walk On

Matt McLoin can't run the spread like Miller will.

18. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

See Rob Bolden,.or Paul Jones.

Thanks

19. egofailure

Goose

I hate to interrupt this conversation, but Goose, can you please text me when you're done playing your game? I'll ask JCA to sign on under me and advance the league. I'll be over my pops' house late watching the Monday Night game.

20. Goose

Goose Walk On

Vids are finishing up now. I'll text you in a few.

21. egofailure

Big win! Just advanced online ... pretty freakin' cool. Off to watch the game. As for the rest of you, time to get those Week 4 games in! ;-)