2014 Week 4 Scheduling

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by IrishBearcat, Apr 1, 2014.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

How does tomorrow after 9 sound? I've got a few things to do with school tonight.

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Sounds good! What timezone?

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Haha that may help. Est for me

• Like Like x 1
  6. charter04

charter04 Walk On

BRUCE80 when you want to play? I can play tonight

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Arky vs Georgia? For some reason I thought I had Reccem this week.

I might be able to play here in a little while Charter, how long are you available? PM me your cell and ill text you.

8. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

9. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I can play as soon as the show I'm watching is over. In about 20 min.

10. IrishBearcat

If somebody who is still able to access the EAsports site could post the weekly info for me when they remember I'd appreciate it. Wish there was something I could do

• Like Like x 1
  11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think I'm out guys. I despise these sliders. Yeah you can run on the defense but the air raid is null and void. DBS are jumping routes, LBs are making leaping ints. Maybe I just suck but this certainly isn't any fun. Plus the CPU kicks it out of the end zone everytime. I won't go into the CPU offense.

Anyways, I don't mind losing but I don't like these sliders at all.

12. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Welcome to Week 4!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #7 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Notre Dame won 27-24 against Maryland (1-1).
    This week, the Fighting Irish are idle.

=============== #20 Texas A&M Aggies (1-1) ===============
    Last week the Aggies were idle.
    This week, the Aggies travel to Auburn to face the #15 Auburn Tigers (1-1).

=============== Navy Midshipmen (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Navy lost 21-17 against Oklahoma (2-1).
    This week, the Midshipmen travel to Pittsburgh to face the Pittsburgh Panthers (1-0).

=============== #6 Alabama Crimson Tide (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama lost 45-28 against Oregon (2-0).
    This week, the Crimson Tide are idle.

=============== #12 Virginia Cavaliers (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Virginia won 55-14 against Florida State (0-2).
    This week, the Cavaliers will host Ohio State (0-2).

=============== #9 Baylor Bears (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Baylor won 56-37 against Iowa (1-1).
    This week, the Bears are idle.

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 38-28 against UCF (2-1).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Lawrence to face the Kansas Jayhawks (1-0).

=============== Oklahoma Sooners (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 21-17 against Navy (1-1).
    This week, the Sooners are idle.

=============== Kansas Jayhawks (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Jayhawks were idle.
    This week, the Jayhawks will host #2 Texas (3-0).

=============== #4 Georgia Bulldogs (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 52-35 against South Carolina (1-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host #25 Arkansas (2-0).

=============== #18 Florida State Seminoles (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Florida State lost 55-14 against Virginia (3-0).
    This week, the Seminoles will host Wake Forest (2-0).

=============== #25 Arkansas Razorbacks (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 41-38 against Northern Illinois (0-1).
    This week, the Razorbacks travel to Athens to face the #4 Georgia Bulldogs (3-0).

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Honestly the game is just flawed. The sliders aren't really the problem. There isn't any middle ground between an easy All-American and a stupid Heisman setting. It's pick your poison. All you can do is accept it or leave it. Don't blame ya whatsoever. Why stay if you aren't having fun?

14. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I totally agree. I'm a big College football fan and there are some good things about this game but, sliders are so hard to get right on this game. I do sliders on Operation Sports and Madden has been much easier to adjust sliders for than NCAA. You either beat the CPU 80-10 every game or feel cheated. LOL I get very frustrated when I play the CPU but, I would rather have the challenge. The game just has very poor AI so the developers just give the cpu an unrealistic boost for challenge instead of fixing the AI.

It's just worse in a NCAA league because we play the CPU more. I can say it's gotten easier for me the more I've played but, I still feel helpless at times when the CPU is going to score no matter what you do.

Next Gen Madden seem better but, still needs work.

15. IrishBearcat

I hope you decide to stick it out. You've logged about a half a season, and around that point we had a handful of users who were quite frustrated. They were seriously considering quitting, but they stuck it out and I think everyone is glad they did. The replies below stating it's super easy or really challenging without a middle ground are spot on. All of the things you stated can be figured out with experience and a little practice. I don't disagree with you, the game has flaws are tough sliders are highlighting some of those.

I'd recommend sticking out the season and perhaps contacting some of the guys who have clearly figured out the sliders (Austin, Max, etc.) for some tips. I use to suck at this game, but I always loved the challenge and never had any reservations about asking for help. I used to be 4-8, 5-7, etc. but once I was able to breakthrough it was much more satisfying than those who constantly dominate the sliders.

At the end of the day this is supposed to be for fun, entertainment, and the camaraderie. If you don't think that's possible, you definitely have a tough call to make. I really hope you stay and I'm sure the entire league feels the same way. If there is anything I can do to help just say the word.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I know it's flawed. It's been flawed for years. Maybe I just need a different approach against the CPU, I don't know.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

IrishBearcat

I'll stick it out but I don't think I can continue the air raid offense. Would changing play books be a possibility at this point in the season? If not, no worries, I'll figure something out.

• Like Like x 2
  18. IrishBearcat

That seems more the reasonable, and I can't imagine anyone having a problem with it. I'm happy you're sticking it out and attacking it aggressively. Fuck yea! :)

I think it's a great place to start. Passing is HARD. I suck as a passer, always have, so there is a reason I pound it. Each week I try and push my passing game a little more to improve slowly. I've definitely gotten better, but still have a long way to go.

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I had adopted the air raid in After Midnight and have had some success with it. I was a ground and pound team to start over there and wanted to try something different. I suck at passing as well and wanted to get better. But AM vs these sliders are night and day. Routes I throw that look open here are clearly not. No doubt I need to adjust over here.

20. IrishBearcat

Another thing I've done in the past (and probably should do for these) that you could try is copying these sliders for an offline dynasty and practice whatever you're struggling to figure out. I know what you mean when you say routes that appear open but get Heisman-jumped. I use to pause and go through the replay of every passing error I had and to learn how the DB jumped me. It helps you get a better feel for the difference between "looks open" and "actually will be open and catch it" over time.

21. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

Let him change. I don't have a problem with it, recchem2000 was as classy an opponent as they come and isn't trying anything shady. My "slider-beating advice" is "run the ball", 1) I just enjoy running it more, it's more fun for me and 2) it just happens to work better on these sliders.

IrishBearcat is right, set up an offline dynasty with these same sliders and practice, if you have the time. I do that as well and it makes a huge difference.

Glad you're sticking it out, if you want to play an exhibition game or anything sometime just let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  22. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I agree with these things. I would suggest using a online dynasty to practice though. The online game plays different because there is an online game play tuner that is not on the offline games. That is another reason sliders are hard to get right. They need to be tested in online dynasty mode for use in online dynasty. I actually had great success passing in my last game with my freshman QB. Over 300 yards. It's just getting used to stuff I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I am out as well. I cant work a stressful 10-12 hour a day job then come home and be frustrated with an unrealistic game. You guys are all wonderful dudes, but this game just does not work for me. I have zero time to practice and get better. I have lost more than I have won on TSO so hopefully you guys understand that this is not a rage quit, more of a hands up in the air type of thing.

Running the ball every play is boring and exposes broken AI, that's not fun or satisfying for me.

I hope to run across all of you here on TSO again someday!

24. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Everyone should do what they have to do but, I don't practice or have time to practice either. I don't think you have to run every time. My last game I had 25 passes and 30 runs. I threw for 366 yards 3 TD's and 1 int. It's challenging for sure and I have already quit but, it seems guys are getting better.

• Like Like x 1
  25. IrishBearcat

I hope members didn't misinterpret my reply above as needing to commit any sort of videogaming practice hours to be good at these sliders. That is quite far from the truth. I'm also getting really tired of people going back on their commitments and having to coddle them to stay after "suffering" a tough CPU loss.

This game, like any sports game, has it's flaws. If not having sliders where everyone beats the CPU 50-3 every game is too much for you and turning a entertaining break from reality into some uncontrollable frustration then perhaps you should step away from the sticks. I don't understand it and think a person should probably evaluate what gets to them if that's the case, but I'm done baby-sitting.

EVERYONE has time to take an 1/48 hours to play a game. This is not solitaire, this is football. I know my tone isn't the greatest, but this is pretty frustrating stuff as a commissioner. You take the time to find quality guys, secure a commitment from them, when they're struggling try and bend and help as much as possible, and get the big sugar-coated middle finger at the end despite your efforts.

I'm turning all of my focus to the members who "get it", and zeroing out any efforts towards the ones described above. If that's me and 1 other member, so be it. We will press forward full steam ahead.

• Like Like x 3