2014 Week 4 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, May 16, 2010.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

2014 Week 4 Scores

Tuesday/Sooner the better
    Lookin for a Monday night advance

Week 4 Schedule
    Column 1 Column 2
    Alabama @ Arkansas
    Florida Kentucky
    Florida State Georgia Tech
    Miami BYE
    Michigan BYE
    Nebraska BYE
    Notre Dame Stanford
    Ohio State Pittsburgh
    Oklahoma Northwestern
    Oregon Arizona State
    Texas West Virginia
    USC @ Washington

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Florida 55
    Kentucky 7

As expected the Gators laid a beat down on the Wild Kittens. McCloud played almost a perfect first half of football. Unfortunately his lone mistake was a big one, an interception that went for a 93 yard touchdown. This was McCloud's first pick of the season so the Florida coach went easy on him. All he did the rest of the first half was complete passes, going 26-32 for 407 yards and 4 TD passes. He also punched in a short score on the ground. His favorite target was senior WR Palmer who caught 7 passes for 116 yards and a touchdown. Palmer got most of these yards in the first quarter as he missed most of the second quarter with an injury and then sat after the half due to the large lead. In total the offense racked up 662 total yards offense, despite benching the starters and rushing the ball for the entire second half.

On defense the team did not force many turnovers but they played solid. Kentucky managed just 9 first downs in the game and accumulated just 159 yards offense. In total Kentucky punted 7 times in this contest. As for turnovers, Florida did force a pair of turnovers in this game. The first takeaway came on special team when backup safety Jones leveled the Kentucky returner and backup linebacker Cunningham dove on the loose ball. The other takeaway occurred near the end of the game when backup cornerback Fisher grabbed an interception in the end zone.

The only down side for this game was the injuries suffered by Florida. Starting tailback Snyder was hurt and he will miss the next 3 weeks. Later in the game backup quarterback Douglas took a big hit and he broke his elbow. He will miss the next 7 weeks so true freshman Washington will be the reserve behind McCloud. The next game should not be a problem as Florida gets a home game against Arkansas. Following that match the Gators have a tougher match against #14 LSU.

Offensive Player of the Game: McCloud 26-32 407 yards 4 TD/1 INT; 5 car 42 yards 1 TD

Defensive Player of the Game: Cunningham 6 tackles 1 tackle for loss 1 fumble recovery

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Texas beats up on WVU 68-17. Player of the game was Scott Felder, who threw for 302 yards, 3 TD and 1 INT on 12-18 passing and also ran for 81 yards and 3 scores.

The defense was led by DE Antoine Smith, who added another 2 sacks, running his total to 6 on the season, and MLB Steve Gibson, who had 6 tackles, 2 TFL and a 53 yard fumble return for a TD on the Mountaineers opening drive.

Up next - The final tune up before the annual Red River Shootout, a road game at Iowa State.

4. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final[/SIZE][/B]
    Washington 0 0 0 0 0
    # 1 USC 14 28 3 3 48

Yards WASH USC
    Passing yards 102 351
    Comp/Att 10/22 17/20
    Rushing yards 88 185
    Rush Att 19 45
    Total Off. yards 190 536
    Turnovers 1 1
    1st downs 6 19
    3rd down conv 1/11 6/10

The top ranked Trojans started out their conference games on the right foot, shutting out the Huskies 48-0. Marvin Love led USC to victory on a 15/16 passing day for 320 yards and 4TDs. Shannon Jones added 100 yards and 1TD on the ground on 25 carries. Bruce Bell had 103 yards and 2TDs on 6 catches, while TE Kevin Jennings put up 125 yards and 1TD on 4 catches, including a career long 86 yard TD catch.

Defensively the Trojans played extremely well, giving up only 190 yards of offense and 6 first downs all game. True Freshman DE Richmond Wall had 4 tackles (2TFL), 1 sack, and 1 forced fumble.

I ran the ball every play except for maybe 3 in the 2nd half. I wanted to run the ball more in the 1st half, but Washington constantly loaded the box and brought pressure with 7+ guys most the time. I took what they game me, and what they gave me was wide open receivers all day long. It's hard trying to justify running the ball against stupid blitzes like that in the 2nd half, but I still was able to move the ball decently well on the ground.

Next week USC will travel to rival Cal.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

wampppppp wampppppp

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Ohio State 30 - Pittsburgh 3

Beat up on CPU team, blah, blah, blah. TJ Perry ran for a buck fiddy, defense played well...yada, yada, yada..

Next up is another crappy Big 10 team, not sure which one...Iowa maybe.

7. Dru50

Love it - this is my new template for writing up CPU games.

Looks like just FSU, Bama and OU are left to play.

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I forgot to mention that Pittsburgh's RE recorded like 11 tackles, 7 for loss and 6 sacks. Or something incredible like that. Vs my 97 overall LT. He was subsequently benched in the 3rd quarter for true Soph Gary Huston....A more appalling spectacle I cannot recall!

9. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Thank you for calling me out. I'll be done this afternoon

10. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I'll get mine done tonight.

11. Dru50

You're welcome. :)

Just trying to help noles live his dream of a one night advance.

12. Dru50

I had a similar experience in trifecta, my 98 rated guard has given up 6 sacks in 2 games. Gotta love that blocking AI.

13. KnightNoles

haha... Well we had 9 games and advanced pretty early the other day and got in 6 games. I said Tuesday but would help to speed up if we are able to get in another season, possibly.

14. Dru50

Agreed, all the games were CPU games, no reason we can't bust thru this week quick.

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah my Miami LT in OFFL is getting murdered and he is my team's highest rated player. He has given up more sacks than every other o-lineman on my team combined. I think I'm going to start shifting my tight end and audible to pass blocking.

16. KnightNoles

Florida State 50
    Georgia Tech 0

Scored early and often along with the defense scoring a few TDs. GT's lone kick off went back for a TD. Joe Smith 9-15 160 yards TD and Isaac Thompson rushed 29 times for 140 yards and a TD. MLB Brian Adams put together a career game gathering 17 tackles, 5 for a loss vs. the Georgia Tech spread option attack.

17. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Oklahoma - 37
    Northwestern - 13

Oklahoma gives an average performance at home versus Northwestern and hopefully did enough to impress the 2 speed RB's that were in for a visit. They had to be impressed with Senior RB Jason Holiday who had his second 150 yard 3 TD game in a row for POTG honors.

18. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

ND: 45 Stanford: 21

Ron Moore replaced Lionel Yates as he went 8/15 for 114 and 1 td with 3 ints. Moore went 10/13 for 121 and 2 tds to lead the Irish over the Cards.