2014- Week 4

Discussion in 'The Redshirts' started by TEClemson53, Aug 23, 2013.

1. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Outta town and y'all can't pick up the slack to post this. Come on.

2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'm not going to be around until tonight. Hopefully I'm not the last one to play.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

You won't be.

5. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Welcome to Week 4! Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to write your own stories.

California (1-2) at Utah (2-1)

Last week, the Golden Bears lost 42-24 at Arizona State (3-0)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by California targets.

Oregon State (2-1)has a bye week

Last week, the Beavers won 38-31 at Stanford (0-1)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Oregon State targets.

#21 West Virginia (2-1)has a bye week

Last week, the Mountaineers won 41-40 vs. Michigan State (1-1)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by West Virginia targets.

Purdue (2-1) at #7 Northwestern (3-0)

Last week, the Boilermakers won 24-17 at Minnesota (1-1)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Purdue targets.

Utah (2-1) vs California (1-2)

Last week, the Utes lost 55-21 vs. Georgia Tech (2-0)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Utah targets.

#20 Michigan State (1-1) at #2 Notre Dame (3-0)

Last week, the Spartans lost 41-40 at West Virginia (2-1)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Michigan State targets.

#7 Northwestern (3-0) vs Purdue (2-1)

Last week, the Wildcats won 27-24 vs. Maryland (1-1)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Northwestern targets.

#5 Arizona (3-0)has a bye week

Last week, the Wildcats won 49-35 at Oklahoma (1-1)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Arizona targets.

#16 Maryland (1-1) at #17 Arizona State (3-0)

Last week, the Terrapins lost 27-24 at Northwestern (3-0)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Maryland targets.

#13 Iowa (1-1) vs Indiana (2-0)

Last week, the Hawkeyes won 59-42 vs. Iowa State (0-2)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Iowa targets.

#15 Washington (3-0) at UNLV (0-2)

Last week, the Huskies won 41-31 at UCLA (0-2)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Washington targets.

#17 Arizona State (3-0) vs #16 Maryland (1-1)

Last week, the Sun Devils won 42-24 vs. California (1-2)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Arizona State targets.

Just for you TEClemson53

• Like Like x 1
  6. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

[​IMG]0-2 (0-0) vs 3-0 (0-0) #15[​IMG]
    9/20/14 8:30pm
    Husky Stadium
    UNLV would be the biggest cupcake team Washington has played in awhile. Don't worry though readers they did keep the consecutive no huddle opponent streak going at seven games strong. Everyone knew from early on this was a squash match up though. The Rebels would have their first drive extended on a roughing the passer call on third down. They would march down the field some more before the Jovan Clemons streak pass was intercepted by CB Peters without any room left in the end zone. The run game would get things going on the first drive as they kept the UNLV defense on their heels the whole drive that was capped off with a one yard score by Bishop Sankey. The Husky defense would get their first three and out of the game on the ensuing Rebels drive. Sankey would have a repeat of his first drive TD with the only difference being this one was from two yards out instead of one. The last play of the quarter would see redshirt freshman Jermaine Kelly pick off the Clemons pass at the Husky 25 and return it 16 yards to the 41.

The second quarter would be the Cyler Miles show. First off he would out run the defense to the pylon for a 15 yard score. The next drive he showed off that his elbow sprain he suffered last week was not effecting him as he found Kasen Williams for a 19 yard score. On the third drive Miles would keep the ball instead of pitching it for an 11 yard touchdown. The Husky defense would force one three and out in the quarter and pretty much shut the Rebels offense down the rest of the quarter as well.

Another big defensive play for Washington on their first play of the third quarter would see Josh Shirley force a fumble on Clemson while he was sacking him. Andrew Hudson was there to scoop it up for the Huskies and give them the ball at the UNLV 47 yard line. Despite having momentum from the turnover, the Huskies would go three and out. The defense would force another three and out. This time Washington was able to move the ball a little before settling for a 24 yard field goal from Korey Durkee. Another three and out by the Rebels would turn into short field position for the Huskies. This short drive would end on a Cooper seven yard touchdown run right up the gut. Shaq Thompson would get in on the interception game as he made a read and broke on an errant pass. Washington would take over on the UNLV 42 and a few plays later Jesse Callier would be in the end zone after a three yard scamper.

The Rebels were close to scoring early in the fourth but on a fourth and four from the 29, Clemons would throw an incomplete pass. Backup Husky QB Derrick Brown would even get into the running score party as he had a two yard TD run. Durkee would connect on two more field goals before this blow out was over. Lady luck was not on UNLVs side in this 65-0 game.

[​IMG]
    J. Clemons: 27/44 181-Yds 3-INT
    K. Whitely: 5-Att 10-Yds, 8-Rec 16-Yds
    S. Allen: 5-Rec 61-Yds

[​IMG]
    C. Miles: 15/21 253-Yds 1-TD 1-INT, 16-Att 109-Yds 2-TD
    B. Sankey: 14-Att 109-Yds 2-TD, 1-Rec 55-Yds
    D. Campbell: 5-Rec 62-Yds

7. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Let's go, I know people are busy & have things to do but the effort so far in season 2 has been pathetic to get your games in. It's 1 hour of your day. If the actual college football season or nfl regular season started, I could understand slow advances on weekends.

sonn / SuperBowlNachos = status ? no game thread so 0 effort ?
    ryalaman / maverickfp = status? I've seen 0 effort to schedule this
    BDSDIGITAL = when are you playing ?

• Like Like x 2
  8. PAgamer07

Thank you Trey.

9. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Me and screw scheduled on skype. We're playing today.

10. sonn

sonn Walk On

Nachos and I are playing in a few.

11. BDSDIGITAL

I'm playing this afternoon. For the record I'm typically much busier on weekends than weekdays. Regardless ill be done by dinner time tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    make sure one of you guys upload videos please......since i dont have my own game to do a video for, I want to do a video of the other games

13. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

This thing is still going on? I thought we had quit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BDSDIGITAL

#20 Michigan St. 31 - #2 Notre Dame 21

Big win for Sparty in East Lansing this week. After a gut wrenching loss in Morgantown last week, I wasn't sure if we'd be able to put it behind us and come out with any force this week. That question was answered in the 2nd quarter. We played a pretty sloppy first quarter. We scored the first td, but Notre Dame answered right back with a TD of their own, tying it at 7-7 and I really thought we were shot. We showed no effort on defense on their first drive, letting them just move right down the field and we turned it over twice deep in ND territory in the first quarter.

We came back with a vengeance in the 2nd quarter. Nick Hill broke off a 53 yard td run to take a 14-7 lead.

on ND's next drive our defense was lights out. We came up with a sack and ultimately forced ND to a 3 and out. We got the ball inside our own 10 yard line and proceeded to march the ball 94 yards, eating up over 4 minutes of clock on our way to a 24 td pass from Cook to Gleichart to take a 21-7 lead into the half.

In the second half, we put Notre Dame to sleep with just suffocating defense and a violent running game. It was a real bludgeoning in B1G country, exactly the way it should be.

We went up 28-7 late in the third quarter and ND was done. They scored a few td's in the 3rd and 4th quarter but they couldn't stop us from running down their throat.

We move to 2-1, and I can't emphasize enough how big of a win that was for us.

Nick Hill 33 runs 185 yds 2 tds (easily the best player in the stadium on this saturday night)
    Jeremy Langford chipped in with 9 runs 61 yds and 1 td. As a team we ran for 238 yards.

Time of Possesion 24 minutes for us, 7 minutes for Notre Dame. They couldn't sustain drives. 1/6 on 3rd down.

Next week we have another big game, vs. defending PAC 12 champ Arizona. A renewal of a rivalry that goes back many seasons between Perry and Me. He almost always gets the better of me, but maybe this time will be different.

• Like Like x 1
  15. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

upload_2013-8-26_9-25-14.png

upload_2013-8-26_9-25-38.png

Northwestern Squeaks by Purdue
    Unfortunately the game errored out when I was trying to get my highlights and pictures loaded after the game, so I don't have any of those to throw up. EA is pissing me off with all of these kinds of glitches. Despite that, I'll try to throw up some of the basics from another ugly user game I was just fortunate enough to pull out, but I'm old and we played way back on Saturday so I may be a little foggy on details.

Both teams started out the game pretty slow, PU started with the ball and made a decent little drive that stalled out, forcing them to settle for the 32 yard field goal. I'm not really sure what happened over the next 5 minutes or so, but it's likely we both threw picks at various points. I recall thinking we both pissed away scoring opportunities. Then, I got the ball back and hit Christian Jones on a seem route for a 57 yard TD. It was helped out by PA switching to the DB, and that annoying way that makes DB's just stop in their tracks for a second and watch the WR run by (I ever mention how I hate EA?). Anyway, that worked out in my favor for a change. After 1 QTR it was 7-3.

I think we got a pick early in PA's next drive, setting us up with good field position. From there, Simien hit Prater with a pretty 20 yard pass for a TD. It was probably the sexiest throw and catch ever, you should have seen it (you can't, because EA sucks at making even the littlest things work consistently). The fighting PA's were able to answer back though, with a sneaky little pass to TE Carlos Carvajal from 5 yards out to close to 14-10. NW got the ball back with over 3 minutes in the half and were able to make a nice long drive that ended in a Perkins 1 yard TD run to go up 21-0 with just under 30 seconds left. Rather than run out the clock, PU decided to make a go at scoring in short time, but the decision backfired with an NW pick. Getting the ball back at about the 40 or so, with under 10 seconds, we decided to go for the ol' heave ho to Prater, he brings down more than his share of jump balls after all. Unfortunately, he was double covered and CB Da'Wan (What the hell were my parents thinking) Hunt picked it off. Fortunately, he caught it at about the 2, got brushed by Prater, then tripped over his own teammate and his momentum from the catch brought him stumbling into the endzone. Obviously that is a safety (if you're a completely incompetent boob at EA, who I forget if I mentioned I have extreme distaste for). Anywho, that gave us a 23-10 lead at the half. We were also set to receive the opening kickoff, so the game seemed well in hand.

corso not so fast.jpg

The 3rd quarter was a whole nother story though. After getting stuffed, or picked, I dunno, PU got the ball back. They quickly took advantage and Etling found McCarthy for an 11 yard TD to close the gap to 23-17. Moments later, disaster struck again, when PU picked Simien off deep in PU territory to stop a drive. On the next play, from their own 10, Etling found WR Posey on a simple route (no idea, don't have the replay anymore, thanks DA (that's what I'm calling EA from now on, Dumb Ass). Anyway, he caught it, I switched to DB, did the I'm just going to stand here a second and watch you go trick, and he pranced 90 yards for a TD to go up 24-23. So in the span of 30 seconds we pissed away a 13 point lead, thank you, thank you.

Ball Spike.gif

I don't remember a whole lot from there, but we got the ball back and Simien was able to find Prater on a post route for a 21 yard TD early in the 4th quarter to put us back up. It was a really tight window and I was lucky to get it, then drug a guy or two a few yards and just did get over the goal line. We decided to go for 2 to get back to a 7 point lead, and converted with an offensive play of some sort.

That left a whopping 7:55 in the game, where essentially nothing happened, much to my delight. The NW D did their job and kept PU out of the endzone, and the O did get the ball back with around 3 or 4 minutes in the game. We were able to get a few big 1st downs to keep the clock moving, and finally run it out with a few knees. It was an ugly game, both of us threw 3 picks and made plenty of other boneheaded plays. It was fun though, GG PAgamer07

• Like Like x 1
  16. PAgamer07

Yep, good game bro. That safety really upset me and like you said, we both had chances in this one but played really sloppy. Hopefully I see you for the championship;)

17. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

You won't.