2014 Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2014 Week 4

We are now into week 4. One user game this week and only 6 other games so should be a quick one. Next advance no later than weds night at 7 PM EST time.

Game of the Week:

#2 VA Tech (DJ391) @ #8 Penn St (Hokie Effect)

Post all summaries and recruits signed.

2. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

soon as he gets back on were gettin ours in

3. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Defense comes up big again for the Red Raiders. Two picks in the red zone; one returned for a TD, and one inside the 5 yard line help Texas Tech to a third home win in a row.

Colorado St 14
    Texas Tech 31

4. Hova

#1 USC 35
    Washington 6

USC dominates washington in a game that was dictated by turnovers. Shutdown CB K. Hooper led the team with 2 INTS not letting his WR get one reception all day. SS J. Golden was a tackle machine recording 12 tackles against the Huskie triple option attack, which begs the questions, why are they running the triple option? When did they start? And when will they stop? I am sure this is something that annoys the other pac-10 members as well... Keep that garbage in the ACC. HB Blake had a strong game with 94 yards and a TD. A dominate performance by the #1 Trojans. Next week they face a tougher test heading to Cal to face a ranked conference foe.

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Penn St- 25
    Virginia Tech- 24

The Nittany Lions silenced the critiques with an overtime win over the Hokies. This game was close from start to finish. The Hokies had a chance to win in regulation but after "icing the kicker" the kick sailed wide left. Virginia Tech had the ball first and had no trouble getting into the endzone. The Nittany Lions answered back and the Coach decided to go for 2. Johnson ran an option play and looked to be tackled short, but the defenders carried him across teh goaline for the win.

GG DJ....sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

6. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

yeah field goal goes wide left pushed by the 3 mile an hour wind then the fall forward animation screws me?? ah well took a freshman into 2 of the top 3 stadiums in the country and he played well again, gg hokie lady luck had your back lmao

7. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Oregon - 31
    Arizona State - 13

Oregon defeated the No. 6 team in the nation with a balanced attack that saw Brian Perkins rush for 2 touchdowns and 99 yards while QB Jon Minor managed the game well and threw for 180+ yards and a touchdown with no picks and few incomplete passes. The defense once again showed up forcing a turnover and making the QB's day hard with several sacks and qb hurries.

8. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Just texas fsu and osu recruiting left.... Get it done

9. Hokie Effect

Ancy are we?!?! You should probably use this down time to practice your FG's......sorry I had to.

10. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

haha ya i'll remember to position it right in the middle but leave the 3 mile an hour wind on so it can push it wide left

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

i get home around 830 pm est...i'll do my stuff then

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I lost...again. 19-17 to Oregon State if I remember right. 0-4 for the Bruins so far. Hoping we can pull it together soon and at least get to .500 by the end of the season.

13. Hokie Effect

Wow...what a difference from last year. You went from almost beating USC and winning a bowl game to 0-4 this year. I sure hope things turn around for you.

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I have a feeling I'm going to lose at least 1 CPU game this year. I played a practice game over the weekend and almost lost to CPU controlled Oregon. I'm never using the 3-4 playbook again. With these sliders the CPU had 20 pancake blocks and 200 yards rushing by halftime, when I quit the game for the day.

15. Hokie Effect

I switched to the 3-4 this year too, but have had decent success against 2 users and 1 cpu so far. Knock on wood.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

In my last cpu game that counted, the CPU had 200 yards rushing and 11 yards passing against my defense. My safeties made 75% of my tackles because my d-line, linebackers, and cornerbacks were on the ground almost every play. I even switched up my d-line and linebackers for the Oregon practice game, going with strongest players, but I still got destroyed in run game.

17. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

This is my second year using 3-4. Last year wasn't good, but it was better than the previous year with multiple-D. I had so many good LB's it just seemed to make sense. This year my D has been amazingly good,(keep in mind my stick skills are moderate to below average) but we'll see how good it looks after I play Oklahoma, Texas, and USC.

18. Hokie Effect

You always luck out with an easy schedule....

19. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#18 Georgia Tech 7
    Florida State 12

Florida State treated the faithful at Doak Campbell to another upset victory over a ranked opponent. The Noles defense was able to overcome 33 pancake blocks by the GT offense to hold them to only 7 points. There are rumors in Tallahassee that this year's version of the Noles may be nominated into the OFFL HOF for the worst offense ever. However, they still have 7 games to prove themselves.

20. Hova

CPU has been terrible against me this season but really havent played a good one yet, Notre Dame fell off... Hopefully Recchem can turn it around. I think we can all get bowls this year. Tech for sure if he can take most of his conference games.

21. Hova

The big question is.. Can Masler finally win the big ten???

22. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

The Red Raiders are proud to be among the ranked again, but Coach Harris ain't gonna start braggin yet; we could still end up 3 - 9. Let's just say I am cautiously optimistic.

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'll try my damndest

24. Hokie Effect

I guess you are due for one and we will find out in a couple of weeks.....

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

as long as my defense stays healthy