2014 Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2014 Week 5

We are now into week 5, Only 1 user game this week so should be a fairly quick advance.

Game of the Week:

#16 Oregon (tmac6412) @ #10 Miami (Bravejaf)

Next Advance will be no later than friday night at 9 PM EST.

2. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

#11 Oklahoma 34
    Oklahoma State 10

Defense and special teams won this game for the Sooners. Oklahoma finally won the turnover battle, forcing 2 and committing none for a change. Senior CB Clint Jones took one INT back for a TD. DE Shelton Walton had his second 4 sack game of the season.

I am proud of the offense for not committing any turnovers, but other than that they played like crap. Sean Hunter had completed only 4 of 16 passes in the first half, but to his defense he was under pressure all game long. The o-line gave up 6 sacks. HB Stephen Houston did manage to break a 57 yard TD. WR Andy Marks totaled 6 rec for 111 yards, he also added a 54 yard punt return for a TD.

Next week the offense better show up. We take on Texas in the annual Red River game. Last year Texas beat us with ease. We get them at home this year and hope we can return the favor.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Miami 34
    Oregon 17

Miami's run game and defense finally woke up and they were key for the Hurricanes in this game. Tailbacks Ellis (Fr.) and Walden (R-Sr.) split carries in this game. They provided Miami with most of its offense in this game, combining for 217 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns. The run game didn't get much help from the pass game but at least Austin only threw 1 interception in this game. The fourth and final touchdown was scored on a kick return by freshman sensation Jones. After Oregon cut the lead to 10 in the fourth quarter he put a dagger in the the heart of the Ducks. This is Jones second kick return of the season. On the defensive side the Canes contained the run game and forced Oregon to pass. This resulted in some yards for Oregon but also forced 3 turnovers. Miami intercepted 3 passes, including an interception by Thomas that sealed the game.

Good game TMac. You are definitely a good player and I wish you luck the rest of the season.

4. Hova

#1 USC 35
    #13 Cal 14

USC Takes care of business in cali beating the Bears by 21 points. The defense held the bears to only 129 yards of total offense. QB Ricks had a great game going 15-16, 200 yards and 3 TDs. Very Barkley like performance, hopefully he can keep this up. HB Blake also had a big game going for 133 yards. USC heads home for a Pac-10 battle against stanford next week.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ohio State 63

Iowa 21

Even with Rhoden out for the game (just for the game, don't get excited Hokie), backup Bell threw 5 TD's (and 3 pick 6's, Iowas only source of scoring). James was the big man of the day with 6 Rec, 193 yds and 2 TD, he caught two long bombs...CPU can't leave that man wide open like that, I will take advantage of it lol. Apparently Iowa didn't mind leaving people wide open as three different receivers had over 100 yards. The run game was ineffective for the Bucks and the defense played great, not allowing any offensive TD's.

Bucks stay undefeated and have a Bye before the big one against the Nittany Lions.

6. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

30 yard average??? SOUNDS SKETCHYYYYYY lol

7. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Miami 34
    Oregon 17

The Ducks were no match for Miami on a rainy Florida night. The Miami rushing attack was lethal as the Oregon defense never really found an answer. After a slow start, the Oregon offense did seem to find itself, but costly turnovers at the worst possible times killed any chance the Ducks had of making it a true contest.

Perkins led Oregon with just 54 rush yards. The Oregon defense did come away with around three sacks

Oregon sits at 3-2 and in major need of a long winning streak.

Good game as always bravejaf

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Penn State- 34
    Northwestern- 0

The Nittany Lions were able to move the ball easily and put up points, but turnovers will be the downfall for Penn State this year. Johnson threw 4 INT's with his 329yds. Young was able to eclipse the 100yd mark again with 135yds 2 TD and the freshman sensation Brown had 102yds rec. The Nittany Lion defense was dominate again pitching a shutout, recording 3 sacks, and forcing 3 TO's. Up next for Penn Sate is Minnesota as they prepare for their annual "Big 10 championship" with Ohio State in 2 weeks.

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan 48
    Wisconsin 37

Trailing 21 - 10 at the end of the first quarter, the Michigan Wolverines could not seem to do much right in Madison against the Badgers. Chris Parker was knocked from the game to see Stanford Carpenter enter and throw for 182 yards and two touchdowns. Ken Marshall carried the Wolverines to victory behind his 122 rushing yards. The break came as redshirt freshman Darron Ward was lost for the season with a strained shoulder. Ward had an 87 yard kickoff return touchdown to end the first half. next up is the annual contest for Paul Bunyan's Axe in Lansing against Michigan State.

10. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

You know the drill Suge..... CRUSH THE LITTLE BROTHER SCHOOL!!!!

11. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Texas A&M 40
    Texas Tech 14

Never had a chance in this one. I knew from my first pass, I threw to a wide open man near the hash mark, and my QB threw it to the far sideline straight to the corner standing there all by himself. Next drive, LB materializes in the backfield, intercepts the option, runs for a TD. Next drive, QB tries to throw the ball away, the corner on the sideline leaps into the air, intercepts, and runs for a TD; on a throw away!

Aggie pass rush was amazing. 6 sacks, 4 by one player. HB was unstoppable. 22 carries, 183 yards, 3 TD's. A&M line had 27 pancakes to Tech's 1. QB threw 23 passes, only 4 incompletions. Texas Tech receivers dropped 3 passes in the end zone; QB missed countless easy completions. Red Raiders 234 lb HB, broke 0 tackles all game. Aggies had 349 yards of offense, Red Raiders had 135.

Yup, it was one of those games.

12. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#21 Florida State 28
    North Carolina 45

The game was scoreless at the end of the first quarter with the teams trading multiple punts. Then, the computer decided it would pancake my defense on every play. Overall, the Tarheel offense would have 35 pancakes on 30 rushing attempts. UNC finished the day with 368 rushing yards and 6 rushing TD. UNC would sprinkle in 200 passing yards on 15 completions and 22 attempts. I almost forgot to mention, UNC was using their back-up RB, who had 27 carries for 375 yards and 6 TD.

Is anyone else having issues with the computer's rushing sliders? My defense has been pancaked 68 times in the last 2 games. The computer has only run 56 times in those 2 games.

13. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

See the Texas Tech post above. I just suck, though.

14. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    DJ I will do everything in my powers to smack around Sparty.

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I've mentioned it in the past but no one appears to be listening. I nearly lost my game to Clemson due to crazy run blocking and I had a similar experience in offline version of this dynasty when I practiced for Oregon.

In this post I even posted video evidence of some plays showing off the CPU blocking abilities: http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showpost.php?p=196521&postcount=4

Videos no longer work because I uploaded new files from another game, but I can reupload if necessary. They are still on my 360 HD.

16. Hova

We do have a dilemma with the sliders. There are too many pancakes for some of us but still the computer is too easy. If we are going to drop the CPU run block we are raising something else and I am leaning towards the CPU pass defense, It seems alot of us are passing all over the CPU, especially with all of the WR domination we are seeing. What you guys think on this? Drop CPU run block and raise CPU pass defense or something along those lines?

17. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I would not have a problem with that

18. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I think Ill find a way to throw INTs no matter what the sliders :)

19. Hova

Ya I am thinking a +5 CPU Pass Coverage and -5 CPU Run Block

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

My QB is awful so I'm not a good judge of CPU pass coverage but I don't see a problem in raising that. I do think run block needs to be lowered so I'll live with any other changes that come with that change.

21. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

I'll go for this.

Starting this coming week, I assume?

22. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

My QB is a turnover machine, so I have difficulty with pass defenses already. But I'm down with that tradeoff, if I can defend the run without half my team on the ground. I think part of the issue may be that some of the teams in the league are on different talent levels, so the sliders affect the teams differently.

23. Hova

Yea team talent has an effect as it should

24. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

who we waitin on

25. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

UCLA has only game left according to EA Sports World.

Hopefully we can advance before tomorrow, so I can crush Duke. Week 7 I may hold up the league because I'm gonna be gone from Sunday - Wednesday due to a funeral. I have a user game against FSU in week 7.