2014 Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now advanced to week 5. We have 2 user games this week. 3 people still need to get their recruiting threads up, GET ON IT. Keep the summaries comin.

Games of the Week:

#20 LSU (dukebball632) @ #18 Georgia (Abolishthefed)

#4 Oregon (Hokie Effect) @ Va Tech (I Wicktorious I)

Next ADV sometimes on sunday hopefully

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

The Hokies need a big win this week.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

#2 Penn State 38
    #9 Ohio State 10

The Nittany Lions improved to 5-0 against the Buckeyes under coach Bravejaf. This one was decided by the strong defense of Penn State and a balanced offensive attack. Robert Bolden didn't put up prolific stats but he engineered 4 scoring drives in the first half. He was rewarded for his efforts with 3 short rushing touchdowns. Kyle Goss also had a strong game, rushing for 70 yards and a TD on less than 10 carries. He split carries with Bolden and HB2 William Keller. On defense the big play came in the second quarter. MLB Dakota Royer made a big hit on the Buckeyes' tailback and this resulted in a dropped pass. This was a backward pass and Khairi Fortt scooped it for the quick score. Penn State picked up another fumble in the second quarter that led to one of the four offensive touchdowns. This game was over by halftime as Penn State led 35-3, thanks mostly to a 28 point second quarter. OSU's lone touchdown came late in the game, when they had no shot of mounting a comeback. The win gives Penn State its 4th win of the season and they have all come against teams ranked in the top 20.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Oregon- 48
    Va Tech- 45

This was a shootout as anticpated and the Ducks hold off a rallying VT team with a late FG and a dropped hail mary. Defense was non existant as the offenses combined for over 1000yds. Bennett was very effecient going 23/31 482yds 4TD 1 INT. Seastrunk was nearing a 100yd game until he was knocked out of the game and will miss the rest of the season with broken ribs (2 years in a row!!!!). 9 different players had a rec with 3 going over the 100yd mark. GG Killer, I thought you had that hail mary, Cameron is a beast.

5. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I wish I had let the clock run out on that PAT instead of calling the time out. Would have given me time for like 2, maybe 3 plays... would've been crazy to see the score if we had gone into OT. :p

6. Hova

I will play after the lions game and advance unless somebody needs more time

7. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#20 LSU 7
    #18 Georgia 31

Georgia played inspired football in front of the home fans, as the offense fired on all cylinders. So QB Zach Brown was 15-17 for 270 yards and 3 TD. Sr HB Ken Malcome rushed 22 times for 126 yards and a TD. Jr WR Matt Tyson gained 142 yards through the air and added a TD. So FS Lawrence Flanagan led the defense with 8 tackles and an INT.

Good game LSU.

Top 10 ranked Tennessee is up next for the Bulldogs in a huge game that may decide the SEC East crown.

8. Hova

USC dominated Cal on the road playing strong defense. The only score givin up early was a fumble recovery tooken back for 6. HB Baxter was the story of the game rushing for 195 yards. He had some amazing runs and some of the highlights were saved, expect to see those in our highlight video in the future. USC looks to trudge forward in the Pac-10 and try to claim the #1 spot back from Penn St.