2014 Week 6 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, May 20, 2010.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

2014 Week 6 Scores

Friday

Week 6 Schedule
    Column 1 Column 2
    Alabama @ Kentucky
    Florida LSU
    Florida State Wake Forest
    Miami @ Duke
    Michigan @ Michigan State
    Nebraska @ Iowa State
    Notre Dame Maryland
    Ohio State BYE
    Oklahoma Texas
    Oregon @ UCLA
    Texas Oklahoma
    USC Stanford

Headliner- #4 Oklahoma v. #5 Texas

2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final[/SIZE][/B]
    Stanford 7 0 0 0 7
    USC 14 28 7 3 52

Yards STAN USC
    Passing yards 52 270
    Comp/Att 7/19 19/25
    Rushing yards 87 267
    Rush Att 19 50
    Total Off. yards 139 537
    Turnovers 2 1
    1st downs 4 25
    3rd down conv 1/10 10/13

HB Shannon Jones had a career day leading USC to an easy 52-7 victory over Stanford. Jones had 145 yards and 4 rushing touchdowns on 17 carries and added 4 catches for 36 yards and a receiving touchdown. Defensively, USC was absolutely dominant once again. Stanford couldn't move the ball and most of their offense came on a big rushing play where I missed a tackle. I think they had only 1 first down at halftime.

The spread option rushing attack is a lot of fun to operate. I have had trouble running consistently out of shotgun, but now I feel like I've got the hang of it. I guess playing a shitty Stanford team helps out too.

USC had most of their recruits in for this one, including a pretty good WR that we had a soft commit from.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Florida 52
    LSU 14

Offense: I got a little too pass happy in this game and it cost me. McCloud threw a couple of picks in this game, his 2nd and 3rd interceptions on the season. He seemed to be a little off the mark in this game or maybe it was LSU's defense. Despite the problems he still had a decent game with 290 yards passing and 5 total touchdowns. Run game non-existent for most of the game but McDonald ended up with around 75 yards by game's end.

Defense: Andrew Brown was all over the field and he finished with a team high in tackles. He also grabbed a pick in this game. LSU was able to move the ball against Florida's defense and that got them 2 TD. They also had a couple other opportunities but missed a pair of field goals.

Next game: Either a bye or some SEC team that will lose by more than 50.

Offensive Player of the game: Justin Palmer 100+ yards receiving, 2 TD

Defensive Player of the Game: Andrew Brown

4. KnightNoles

Lets get this ish done!

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Texas/OU is scheduled for 10pm tonight, hopefully you could advance after that.

6. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Why did you delete my Tim Lee post BITCH? haha jk.

7. KnightNoles

What did you expect, to be stickied? GTFOutta here

[​IMG]

8. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I haven't been on this week, what did ol Timmy Lee decide?

9. KnightNoles

commit to Bama

10. Juggernautblitz

Wow, not often does a guy soft commit somewhere then hard commit somewhere else the next week. Guess the 2 - 2.5 hours I put in weren't enough. Oh well, that #1 back should suffice if we play another year.

11. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I was really shocked Juggernaut. I took it offline and everytime I advanced he hard committed to Oklahoma.

12. Juggernautblitz

Sorry for the delay fellas. About 10 pm last night, as I was signing in, my wife discovered that our back rec room had water standing in it so we ended up spending the next couple hours cleaning it up. Dru and I should be able to get our game in this afternoon.

13. Juggernautblitz

Good game Dru. OU started the game with the ball, promptly threw a pick 6 and then the CPU decided to finish me off with 2 fumble 6's on my next possession and the ensuing kick return. 21 - 0 at that point in the first quarter without Dru having to do a thing but run back TO's and I would have rather been anywhere in the world than having to finish that game. Texas continued to pass the whole game and OU got 4 picks which I guess is a positive but really hard to swallow these games where the cpu decides you're gonna fumble on every big hit and make it impossible to keep the game close. Hopefully 2011 will tone that down a bit.

14. Dru50

Texas beats rival OU in a turnover plagued contest 52-3. The teams combined for 10 turnovers, 6 by OU and 4 by Texas.

The difference was the dominant play be the Longhorn defense, who held the Sooners to under 200 yards for the 2nd straight year.

Good game jugg, just rough time with the turnovers.

15. Dru50

The only reason I kept passing Jugg was that I unfortunately have a shotgun only playbook and you started running things like 5-2 and goalline defenses in addition to the normal 4-2-5 stuff. Running into that was like running into a brick wall, but even saying that I believe my run/pass mix was near 50-50.

And thanks for giving all the credit for the win to the CPU. Yeah, the margin of victory would have been the same if I had just let you play the computer, and it had nothing to do with the fact that I knew your plays often before you ran them because your offense is fairly predictable. I will be glad when you and I aren't in the same conference in 2011, although I will miss the nice W on the schedule every year.

16. Juggernautblitz

No, I realized you were throwing mainly because of your offense so wasn't upset by that. You took that wrong as I am not saying you didn't play well, just saying that the 2 fumbles (somewhat determined randomly by the CPU) for TD's by Texas sealed the deal and after that it was just get the game done with time.

17. Dru50

Fair enough.

18. Juggernautblitz

If it makes you feel any better, if I was playing anyone but you and Noles I wouldn't totally give up at 21 - 0 but against you two there is no chance, zero. I'll have to hang my hat on being the only person other than Noles (to my knowledge) to beat you since I joined. Maybe I've been outscored 1000 - 50 in those games but at least I won once.

19. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

ewwwwww......a little chippy eh?

20. Dru50

I'm not sure if that is directed at me alone, but yeah I am. I'm tired of the constant 'I got screwed by the cpu' excuse-a-thon that happens after every OU loss. I'm really done with it and I will take whatever team I need to next year to avoid having to read it every season in next years game.

21. KnightNoles

Actually quite enjoy it sometimes but has gotten played out a lil too much. I think the big XII just got a lilttle better if we keep these teams. I like the chippyness as long as it doesn't go past a few days. Your suppose to be bitter but don't drag it out ya know.

At least we know there is still some fire left when winding down

22. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Sorry I have not got my game in, I have had a ton of shit going on lately, I was planning on hoping on and knocking it out tonight but I understand if you need to advance it.

23. KnightNoles

Play it, I wanna advance before I go out tonight

24. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

#9 Nebraska 63
    Iowa St. 13

Iowas St is realllllly bad. My Backup HB Jackson ran for 144 yards and 3 TD's, I have about 4 HB's that are all the same guy so we have been going with the hot hand and its been working pretty well. Nick Crum continues to be one of the most dominant forces in the NCAA on the defense, he added 11 tackles and 2 picks. Still not feeling good about my squad, and not looking forward to that Texas game one bit.

25. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

It wasn't really directed at anyone. I feel ya man....you know how I feel about giving credit where its due.

I also enjoy the chippyness...as long as it's other people and not me involved. :D