2014 Week 8 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, May 25, 2010.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

2014 Week 8 Scores

Wednesday/Thursday

Week 8 Schedule
    Column 1 Column 2
    Alabama @ Tennessee
    Florida Mississippi State
    Florida State @ Notre Dame
    Miami @ Georgia Tech
    Michigan Penn State
    Nebraska Texas
    Notre Dame Florida State
    Ohio State Michigan State
    Oklahoma Colorado
    Oregon @ Arizona
    Texas @ Nebraska
    USC Oregon State

Headliner- #1 Florida State @ #2 Notre Dame

National Game of the Week- #4 Texas @ #8 Nebraska

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

As expected Florida smacks around Mississippi State. I actually hit scoring cap in 3rd quarter so 4th quarter I took some kneel downs inside the redzone. For the Vandy game I may bench my starters for the entire game and run with my second unit.

Florida 69
    Miss St 10

Offense: Tale of two halves with the first being dominated by McCloud and the running game controlling the second. McCloud didn't miss many passes (24-28) en route to a 400 yard passing game. He threw 3 more touchdowns and did not throw an interception (25/3 on season). McCloud also punched in 2 short scores on the ground to give him 5 total touchdowns in this game. With the large lead at half he changed into street clothes and watched Washington control the game. The freshmen running backs Muhammad and Turner were the big story of the second half. The duo carried it 24 times for 131 yards and a touchdown. Both backs averaged more than 5 yards per carry and they were playing behind the second team offensive line.

Defense: Mississippi State managed a few scores to end the first half so first team may be doing stadium stairs at Monday's practice. The second team actually out performed the first and shut down MSU's offense. The combined totals for Florida's units was 191 yards allowed and just 8 first downs given up. Bulldogs punted 11 times in this game but did not turn the ball over against Florida. Florida's defensive backfield dropped a ton of sure interceptions in this game. Days of Evans, Finley and Jeremy Brown are far behind it would seem.

Next game: Florida's week 9 opponent is the Georgia Bulldog for their annual meeting in Jacksonville. Following that game Florida has matches against Vanderbilt and South Carolina before the big matches to close out the season.

Offensive Player of the Game: McCloud (24-28 402 yards 3/0; 2 rushing TD)

Defensive Player of the Game: Ross (4 tackles 2 tackles for loss 1 sack)

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Ohio State 38 - Michigan State 7

This wasn't the prettiest game ever but we'll take it.

We scored 28 of our 38 points in the 2nd qtr after starting the 2nd qtr down 7-0.

MSU played vicious defense for a while, but ended up wilting under the pressure of the Buckeye offense.

L. Jackson threw for 325 yds and 2 TD's
    TJ Perry ran for 110 yds and 2 TD's.
    Shelton and Chase both caught several balls for over 100 yards and a td a piece.

Everyone on defense had a decent day, but nothing too special.

I did lose FS Greg Pennington for 5 weeks, but his backup is just as good so no problemo there.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Texas outlasts Nebraska in Lincoln 42-37.

The Longhorns gave up an opening touchdown to the Huskers, as they marched down the field in less than a minute. Rather than being rattled, the Scott Felder led the offense on a quick TD drive, and the defense got a few stops allowing the offense to put up a total of 21 unanswered points. The first quarter ended with Texas up by 14 and fans thought a blowout was in the works.

Nebraska had other ideas.

The Huskers put up 10 unanswered points and closed the half down 4.

The second half saw a back and forth battle with the teams exchanging a TD and a turnover in the 3rd quarter. Nebraska followed up a TD with a pick 6 to take a 4th quarter lead. Felder led the Horns back down the field to take the lead back on a 24 yard pass to JJ Wheeler. On the next Husker drive, LB Mark Williams picked off a pass, which led to another TD, giving them a 12 point lead with 1:30 to play. Nebraska put up another TD but failed to recover the onside kick.

Helluva game bogey, your comeback in this one was awesome.

Player of the game - Scott Felder 19-25, 355 yards, 5 TD, 3 INT.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

USC wins but their starting QB got turf toe and will be out 4 weeks.

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Florida State escapes South Bend, 24-21

Team 1 2 3 4 F
    FSU 0 14 7 3 24
    ND 0 7 0 14 21

1st Quarter:
    Went scoreless, FSU missed a 40+ yard field goal and Notre Dame missed a 56 yard field goal. MLB for FSU Brian Adams went down after the first play in which he big hit the ND HB and left for the game.

2nd Quarter:
    Some offense showed up during the second quarter as Joe Smith connected with TE Ben Dawson for a 17 yard TD pass. Notre Dame answered with a Rod Waller 5 yard TD run. FSU came back and took the lead after Isaac Thompson ran 44 yards to get inside the 10 and Joe Smith hit Bryan Wayne for an 8 yard TD pass. 14-7 Noles

3rd Quarter:
    The only score came on Isaac Thompson's 1 yard TD rush, 21-7.

4th Quarter:
    Notre Dame started their comeback as Waller took in a 1 yard TD rush to make it 21-14 with 6:38 left. ND would tie the game with 2:55 left on a Yates to Morris 11 yard TD pass. FSU would break the tie at 1:02 with a 24 yard FG and then seal the game with an interception.

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    FSU ND
    Score 24 21
    First Downs 18 11
    Total Offense 367 256
    Rushes-Yards-TD 36-196-1 31-102-2
    Comp-Att-TD 11-16-2 11-14-1
    Passing Yards 171 154
    3rd Down 6-10 (60) 6-10 (60)
    4th Down 0-0 0-0
    Redzone-TD-FG 4-3-1 (100) 3-3-0 (100)
    Turnovers 0 1
    Fumble 0 0
    Interception 0 1
    Total Yards 495 415
    Punts-Avg 2-49.0 3-45.3
    Pen-Yards 0-0 0-0
    TOP 14:20 13:40

7. Dru50

FSU continues to live on borrowed time this year with another close win.

I'm calling for the upset when Oregon plays FSU, I think max ends Noles undefeated streak.

Nice game though by Noles/Twist. Twist, you acquitted yourself very well in that one.

8. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Thanx Dru. I tried to not take any chances and had the RB button worn out by the end of the night. lol

9. Dru50

Only turning it over once against Noles is a feat in and of itself. If I could have done that in either of our past two matchups I'd likely be 2-0 instead of 0-2. Noles is a master of the little known martial art, 'turnover-kwon-doe'.

10. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

He put some brutal hits on my second string RB but he actually KOed his MLB for the game. Waller was fresh off an injury but was a real warrior out there.