2014 Week 8 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Total Doubt, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Total Doubt

Total Doubt Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Week 8​

Kentucky Wildcats vs. Auburn Tigers​

Auburn, Alabama - Coach Total Doubt knew he had his hands full in preparing for his week 8 match-up against Kentucky and Head Coach, pnc. His Tigers have shown improvement on both sides of the ball since his arrival on The Plains, but his offense is what's really clicking. Tonight, Kentucky showed just how vulnerable this Tiger defense can be to the passing game. Kentucky QB Matthew Clark torched the Tiger defense for 408 yards on a 28 for 38 passing. He also had 3 touchdowns, but he also had two big INT's. One of those interceptions came in the end zone, and another inside the 15 yard line. You could definitely tell a disadvantage when the Tiger offense took the field. Auburn tailback, Jeremy Williams, showed why his name belong in the Heisman talk. He had a huge day, running the ball 16 times for a whopping 234 yards and 2 touchdowns. He broke two runs wide open, one for an 81 yard touchdown, and the other for a 98 yard touchdown. Auburn QB Matt Breedlove had a very efficient game, completing 10 passes for 175 yards and 2 touchdowns on just 14 attempts. He also carried the ball 5 times for 28 yards and a touchdown.​

"I just want to say my hat goes off to Coach pnc. His team came out fired up, and ready to play, and they gave us one hard fought game. I knew coming into this game, that we had a slight advantage against them, but they never saw it that way. Their offense played pretty well today, and fortunately we were able to get some key stops and turnovers to prevent them from getting back into the ball game. Our offense played really well today. We were able to come out and establish the run game from the start, and we built our passing game off of it. We are trying not to do too much with Matt, he's still young and developing, so we're trying to take some of the pressure off him early, and just let him get comfortable and get in a rhythm out there. We still have a tough schedule the rest of the way. We still have Ole Miss, Georgia, and Alabama left in our conference, so hopefully we can win out and make it into the SEC Championship game."​

2. pnc

pnc Walk On

Yeah good game man. I knew I was in trouble from the beginning. I couldnt stop the run and i couldnt run. I had one run for 45 yards, and the other 16 carries netted 27 yards. I tried running thru-out the game with no success. I threw the ball more than i wanted to, but i had no choice. When you have to throw the ball 40 times youre not going to win.

Im not sure when we play again but i look forward to a rematch, hopefully by then ive added some better players.

3. Total Doubt

Total Doubt Walk On

Hopefully, you and I can make it into the SEC Championship for a rematch. Yea, you caught me off-guard on that 45 yard run. Luckily I was able to hold you to only 3 points. Most people generally do have more trouble running against me than passing. I have a pretty good grasp of my offense, and I'm pretty balanced and can do a lot of different things from the same look. I've practiced so hard to get my running game out of shotgun to be effective and efficient.