2014 Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, May 6, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2014 Week 8

We are now into week 8, only 1 user game this week and I think it is scheduled already. Next advance will be no later than saturday night late.

Game of the Week:

#5 Penn St (Hokie Effect) @ #4 Michigan (Big Suge Knight)

Huge matchup for big ten and BCS implications.

Good Luck and don't forget summaries and recruits signed.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Miami laid a beat down on Georgia Tech. The offense started a little sluggish and turned it over twice on the team's first two drives, a fumble lost by HB Ellis and an interception by Austin. Those would be Miami's only mistakes in this game and Austin went on to have another huge game. He threw 274 yards passing and 4 touchdowns. The big play came when he read blitz and found freshman Turner wide open for a 74 yard TD. He threw 2 additional TD passes to another freshman WR, Mitchell, and the other TD pass went to TE Chavez. The running game was held in check by the GT defense, but Ellis/Walden did combine for 80 yards rushing and a TD. On the defensive side the Canes slowed down the option run enough to force some punts and Miami forced 3 turnovers. The big play came on a deflected pass that was picked off by OLB Matthews. He grabbed the wobbling pass and took it back for 6 points.

Next up is a pair of top 10 matches against ACC foes. The Tar Heels will be the Canes opponent next week and they are currently undefeated. Following that match Miami will take on a very tough Virginia Tech team.

Miami 45
    Georgia Tech 10

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

OSU 56, MSU 21....but xbox live disconnected me and my game was not uploaded...waiting to see if commish will let me replay

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Second Time Around...

INSANITY. Michigan State's HB goes 548 yards and 6 TDs on 33 carries. NOTHING...AT F-ING ALL that I threw at him would stop him. He was MSU's whole offense. But Rhoden and the receivers were what kept us in pace with this monster. Rhoden had 578 yards for 6 TDs, our own HB had 3 TDs and 73 yards (pussy compared to the opposite). Junior WR Sanders was insane himself, hauling in 3 long bombs, in the end he had 244 yards. This game went into double OT, MSU comes out passing and throws a pick that costs them the game.

Thats just crazy...OSU's defense is embarassed but hangs on for the win...ugh...

5. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Holy Crap Masler! Did you say over 500 yards rushing by two people?

In less interesting news, Texas Tech loses on the road to Iowa State. Last week I played Colorado, and they were horrible, this week, Iowa State was unstoppable for almost three quarters. Passing was a waste of time in the first half, as my QB was throwing the ball 10 yards away from the intended receiver; "silly" is the only word to describe it. For the second straight game, my 234 lb HB did not break a single tackle. Oh well, made a game of it in the fourth, but a late pick on 4th down sealed my fate.

Iowa State 28
    Texas Tech 21

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

no

500 yards by ONE person..

7. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

thats nuts. cpu running backs are dominating it seems.

8. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

It's not as bad for me this year, but 500 yards is unreal.

I did not get an exact count on pancakes this week, but the CPU had over 20 to my 0, and CPU HB averaged about 4.7 per carry. Pancakes are still out of balance, but 4.7 is much, much better that previous years. In the past, I was giving up closer to 10 per carry.

9. Hova

I gave up 34 yards rushin this week, 37 the week before, 74 before that.

I think the 500 yards was obviously a fluke, thats insane and never happens

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

yea, glitch or somethin...least i won

11. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Yeah, last year I was giving up near 200 yards by halftime every game. Without looking, I think I'm giving up 100 or less a game.

Could I be getting better? :D

12. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Penn State- 59
    Michigan- 30

Penn State jumped on Michigan early leading 31- 10 at half and never looked back. A switch at QB for the Wolverines lead a valient comeback but it was a little too late. Focusing on the passing game SR QB Johnson was 15/23 403yds 4 TD. Back up RB Brown continued to show his big play ability with 95yds 3 TD on 5 carries. Heisman candidate FR WR Brown had 5 rec 133yds 1 TD. This win should clinch the Big 10 title, but since I am going out of town I may lose a sim game or 2. But we all know who wears the crown in the Big 10. That makes it 5/6 titles.

GG BigSuge. At least you found your QB.

13. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Oregon - 42
    Arizona - 21

Oregon goes into Arizona and leaves with an easy win. In his first game as the full time starter, running back Taylor Wilcox ran well going for over 120 yards and a score. The Duck defense had three sacks and one pick. Fullback Mike Johnson also had a nice running game as he ran through Wildcat defenders to two scores.

The Ducks also picked up a commit from the #9 offensive tackle in the nation, but lost out on its No. 1 target; a QB who chose to attend USC.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'll get that crown eventually Hokie..I just don't think I had the team for it this year...got to improve my rush defense.

15. Hova

You got about one more season to fetch that CROWN

16. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

you have the distinct pleasure of also playing in the weakest conference in the Offl West.........JUST SAYINNNN

17. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Hokie

Too bad it was a half too late. GG your D had me on my heels.

18. Hova

Last I checked Oklahoma and Nebraska still have games. Advance is tonight at 10PM EST so get those played guys.

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I just checked, those are the only games remaining.

20. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Career record vs teh ACC, 3-0. Just sayin.....

21. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Career record vs the big 10 3-1 Just Sayin should be 4-0 but thanks to the ncaa glitch you escaped by one

22. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Colorado 10
    Oklahoma 42

Oklahoma dominated Colorado the entire game. The Sooners had the passing game rolling today as QB Sean Hunter threw for 300 yards and 3 TD's. WR Mike Harris added 8-110-1 and Andy Marks had 6-78-2. LB Thomas added an 80 pick six late in the game.