2014 Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, May 8, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2014 Week 9

We are now in to week 9. Nebraska didn't play but we hit the deadline and I didn't hear anything from him. We have no user games this week so should be a fairly quick advance.

Game of the Week:

#3 North Carolina @ #9 Miami (Bravejaf)

Next Advance will be no later than Tuesday Night at 10 PM EST.

2. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Texas humiliates Texas Tech at home. Longhorn HB Willie Mills, was the story of the game, racking up 250 yards and 4 TD's on only 18 carries. The Texas D also returned two int's for TD's, and sacked Reggie Smith 3 times. Tech kept it close early, but lack of a running game, dropped passes and batted balls by the D-line, killed any dream of an upset here. Texas is still damn good, although I would have been happier getting my rear kicked by cnic.

Texas 48
    Texas Tech 17

Rivalry game at home next week against Baylor, who is always tough.

3. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Oklahoma 35
    Missouri 12

Quick post since its mothers day. Oklahoma dominated this rivalry game. QB Sean Hunter threw for nearly 300 yards and 4 TD. Harris and Marks each had 2 TD's.

4. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Oregon - 38
    Stanford - 7

Despite eight drops by its WR's, the Oregon Ducks took care of Stanford 38-7 thanks to a strong defensive performance that tallied two interceptions, four sacks and a 95-yard fumble return for a touchdown by All-American end D. Wilson. The Offense was led by Wilcox who scored two touchdowns and rushed for 70 yards in just one half of play as coach tmac6412 gave his starters a break heading into their bye week.

Before the game Oregon learned that the #3 QB in the nation had decided to play his college ball in Eugene starting next year.

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan 41
    Iowa 7

After suffering its first loss at the hands of Penn State last week, the Michigan Wolverines returned to the win column with a 34 point defeat against host Iowa. Stanford Carpenter threw for 186 yards after sitting for the first quarter due to coach depth chart issues and had three total TDs. Jeff Holley had a 42 yard pick six in the second quarter for Michigan. Michigan controlled the clock with 20:42 time of possession versus 5:58 for Iowa. Next week Michigan plays at Northwestern.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Miami 44
    UNC 16

This game was close in the first half but the Hurricanes would dominate the second half. The second quarter was the only quarter UNC got on the board and 9 of their 16 points came from the defense. The first score was a safety on a poorly executed pass play near the goal line. The second score was an interception that went for a TD. Austin's arm was struck as he was releasing the ball and it went right to one of the defenders. That play made the pick and returned it 71 yards. Aside from that play the Miami offense was effective, especially the run game. Freshman Ellis had a big game, rushing for 128 yards and 2 TD on 22 carries. Walden and Austin also got into the act rushing for 77 and 52 yards respectively. The passing game was decent as Austin fired the ball for 199 yards and 2 TD. Interception aside he was on the mark with most of his passes.

The defense played well enough to secure the win. They really got after the quarterback and he went down 8 times. Matthews was the leader in sacks with 3 and Madsen and Cox each got 2. The biggest play of the game, and the one that ended Carolina's chance to come back, was an interception by Robert Johnson. He jumped the route and took it for a touchdown.

Next up is the ACC Coastal Championship match against Virginia Tech. The winner will be in the driver's seat for the Coastal seat in the championship match.

Offensive Player of the Game: Ellis

Defensive Player of the Game: Johnson

7. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

Nebraska 33
    Okie Lite 14

Down 7-3 in the first quarter, Nebraska looked to be imploding as a Cowboy DB raced 90+ yds for a pick 6. Unfortunately for Poke fans, there was a roughing the passer call that negated the INT. Even more unfortunately for the Pokes, the Blackshirt defense decided that would be the end of it, holding OSU to 160 yds of total offense for the game. Junior RB Preston Weldon went 25 carries for 161 yds and a pair of touchdowns. The gameball was given by Coach PH to the Blackshirt Defense.

8. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

My bad on last week. I got busy at work and didn't get in any games. I paid for it by losing by 2 to Texas in a HUGE recruiting weekend for me. Won't happen again.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 31
    Arizona - 22

UCLA manages to hold in the desert, knocking off the Wildcats. The Bruins jumped out to a 24-3 lead but turnovers and sloppy play on my part let the Wildcats get back into the game. The Bruins improve to 3-5 on the season.

10. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Thanks man, totally understood. I hate to advance on people but we gotta stick to the deadlines unless asked otherwise.

11. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

nah it's cool, man. i hate waiting on one user to play a cpu game too. at least it was close. i've had sim games like that where i was way better on paper and get blown clean out so you never really know. with me only having a handful of open schollies, it really isn't going to matter in the long run.

12. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I will get my game in tomorrow night by the deadline. I just got home from a night of boozing after my golf league and I have to be up in 6 hours.

13. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

FSU 23
    Maryland 28

Florida State jumped out to a 10-0 lead at Byrd Stadium, but could not overcome Sr QB Ken Holloway's 5 INT. Holloway was missing receivers all over the place. FSU was driving into Terp territory with 40 seconds left, but Holloway's 5th INT was returned all the way back to the 2 yard line. Maryland would take 2 knees to run out the game.