2014 World Series Champions: The Atlanta Braves

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Timpegoose, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

[​IMG]

After the heartbreak of the 2012 World Series loss to the Kansas City Royals, the kids from Atlanta finally brought the title back to Atlanta for the first time since 1995. Behind a very good starting rotation the Braves were able to finish with their 3rd straight division title and the best defense/pitching staff in the National League.

A 3 game sweep of the Cubs opened up the NLDS. Hanson, Delgado, and Bray were the winning pitchers, and playoff replacement Ozzie Chavez had a nice series hitting .545 after being called up only a week before. Good series NDCOLTS1979

In the NLCS the Marlins took us to 5 games, but we only gave up 7 runs in the 5 games and 4 of those were in 1 game. On top of the lights out pitching, LF Adam Milligan had a very good series hitting the ball going 8/20 with 3 HR and 10 RBI. Good series JohnnyClutch

The World Series matchup with the Tigers looked to be a good one on paper, and it definitely lived up to the hype. For an unknown reason closer Craig Kimbrell didn't make the trip, so the duties fell onto Arodys Viscaino. Viscaino was up to the task, recording 3 saves and not allowing a run in the series. After going down 3-2, the 1-2 punch of Teheran and Hanson proved to be too much in games 6 and 7, and our ability to jump out to an early lead really helped as well. Danny Wood had a huge series, with 2 HR and 5 RBI, all of which seemed to be in clutch situations. Good series Sharkman37 .

• Like Like x 5
  2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Congrats Michael! Awesome season, and you were very due after winning the division every year since taking over. It's time to rebuild and give some of us other NL guys a chance :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. sonn

sonn Walk On

Then you need to 'mistakenly' put some of his starters on the Jays.

4. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

Come on Sonn. I gave you a great starter in Drew Smyly. what are you talking about??? :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. sonn

sonn Walk On

Bah.

6. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

The rebuild will likely be coming soon once I have to start signing extensions. Eventually I won't be able to afford it. And my farm system isn't all that great right now so we could be in some trouble fairly soon.

7. Ken Welsch

Ken Welsch BTFD!

Congrats, Bravos!

8. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

You'd suck even if you got his entire rotation. They'd all end up needing Tommy John surgery after about 2 starts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sonn

sonn Walk On

I'm going to enjoy making an already garbage Cal recruiting class even worse in week 7.

10. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

Raj - Did Dave Moore retire yet after that wicked beaning at the hands of Verlander???:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

Congrats .

12. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Well deserved.