2015 All-Second To None Team

Discussion in 'Second to None' started by trevorg234, Dec 20, 2012.

1. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Jun 30, 2011
    Well, it's that time of year again. Bowl season is here once more, so it's time to look back at the 2015 season to give props to the best performers at each position.

QB- Daniel Bryant, South Carolina... The 2015 Heisman winner was an easy choice for this pick, but there were other solid contenders. With over 3,000 passing yards, over 1,000 rushing yards, 48 touchdowns to his name, he gets the nod

RB- Mario Pender, Florida State... led s2n in rushing yards and was tied for second in TDs on the nation's #1 team

RB- Vonte Jackson, Wisconsin... finished 2nd in rushing yards and led the league in rushing TDs for the new head coach of the Badgers

WR- Thomas Bailey, LSU... the only s2n receiver to top 1,000 yards receiving, in addition to 11 TD receptions

WR- Chris Conley, Georgia... his 54 catches, 910 yards, and 11 TDs were each top-3 in the league in each respective category

TE- Calvin Smith, Illinois... finished in the top-3 in catches, yards, and TDs for s2n tight ends; leading receiver for Illinois

T- Brock Stadnik, South Carolina... 69 pancake blocks and 0 sacks allowed all season-WOW

T- Jake Goins, Virginia Tech... the senior tallied 42 pancake blocks and 0 sacks allowed

G- David Harris, Wisconsin... 40+ pancakes and 1 sack allowed

G- Eric Robinson, South Carolina... 40+ pancakes and 1 sack allowed

C- Larry Wright, Boston College... over 20 pancakes and just 1 sack allowed by the junior

DE- Adam Grimes, Illinois... the NCAA all-time leader in sacks had another year for the ages

DE- Mario Edwards, Florida State... the senior dominated lines to the tune of 12.5 sacks and 17 TFL

DT- Jamar Brooks, Virginia Tech... with 9.5 sacks and 3 forced fumbles, he gets the nod

DT- Ben Carter, Miami... led all s2n DT with 12 sacks

OLB- Greg Fletcher, Illinois... won nearly every award for linebackers after over 60 tackles, 8 forced fumbles, and 19.5 sacks

OLB- Ishaq Williams, Notre Dame... the senior finished out the year with 22.5 sacks and 45 tackles

MLB- Ben McKinney, Mississippi State... over 50 tackles for the senior, with 18 of them being TFL

CB- Donaldven Manning, Virgina Tech... led all s2n corners with 7 INT

CB- Josh Atkinson, Notre Dame... 5 INT along with 11 pass deflections

FS- Kelvin Hicks, Florida State... 51 tackles along with 5 INT

SS- PJ Williams, Florida State... led all s2n with 8 INT

Special Teams
    K- Bruce Washington, Florida State... 19-22 on field goals and over 10 touchbacks on kickoffs

P- Marshall Morgan, Georgia... 46.7 average with 8 punts downed inside the 20

Returner- Jon Griffin, Notre Dame... led s2n with 7 total return TD

And please keep in mind that these selections were based based off STATS and stats only. I didn't take into account a potential shut down corner that didn't get many INT because they didn't throw his way or something like that. I haven't seen most of these guys play, so my only way to evaluate is based on statistical production. I tried to get the most productive players at each position, while still trying to get a guy from each team.

*Michigan was not included since only a few games were played by a user
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Jul 27, 2009
    I should have put Griffin at RB, that dude is BLAZING fast. He is so much fun to control when the ball is in his hands
  3. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Dec 30, 2010
    Featured Threads:
    Only 1 for me :(
  4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Jul 6, 2009
    Bryant's Heisman has a * by it :)

Pender missed the last 3-5 games :(
  5. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Aug 27, 2012
    atleast u got 1 lol
  6. chance17

chance17 Walk On

May 8, 2012
    Shouldn't have been cheesing so hard :D
  7. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Jun 30, 2011
    I see a Boston College center on the team (y) haha
  8. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Aug 27, 2012
    i guess its time to stop drinking lol :oops:
    • Like Like x 2
  9. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

Jul 16, 2012
    I think my 2nd string RB Johnson, could have competed for the Heiseman, if I had gave him all of the carries, he still had over 1000's yards. Thats great for a part-time player.