2015 Bowl Season Now Open - Deadline = 3.7.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Apr 5, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Bowl Season Now Open

Deadline = March 7, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

I think for the 1st time ever. Everyone is bowling. Congrats!

2. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

So Sweet I get ND.... I need to Win this one boys...would put me at 10 wins 2 years in a row and give me a win over a big time program (something we find very hard to do) I am going all out on this one a must win for the Broncos.

3. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Gl to you all lets show the world how good the MAC conference is.

4. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

BEWARE: Notre Dame = CHEESE

Just sayin'

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Miami takes on Navy in the freezing cold and snowy conditions of the EagleBank/Military/Congressional Bowl in Washington, DC. You know Roadhouse was not going to get any favors in the belly of the beast.

The onslaught started early. Navy runs over us like we're worth points. The plow down to the 5 yard line when something amazing happens. George Jefferson intercepts the option pitch! That is the first time I've ever done that.

After the defensive stop, Jack Black's first pass was airmailed no where near the intended receiver. Luckily, the Naval safety made a great grab to prevent the ball from getting scuffed on the dirt. Navy continues to run in down my throat and scores first. Black gets a little closer to his receivers the next drive and we drive and score behind John Coltraine's 2 yard plunge. Navy was able to answer back to close out the first and lead 14-7.

Miami started to drive. O'Shea Jackson hauled in a long pass and tried to break a tackle for more, but fumbled. Navy recovered and rushed for another TD. 21-7. A three and out later, and Navy would score again. 28-7 and the rout was on.

Senior standout Rick James took the team on his back and willed us back in this. Down by three scores, he grabbed a post route and shook off the DB to go 46 yards for a score. After another hold, Dat U started to move the pile. The pushed their way down and Black found James again and it's 28-21. We're right back in it.

Now there is just 48 seconds left, and Navy had only attempted 3 passes in the first half. It made for perfect sense that Navy would go 4 wide and run the no huddle to perfection. They go the length of the field and hit an 18 yard FG to end the half. That hurt. Now it's 31-21.

Miami recevies and gets hot. Black comes out slinging and uses the whole field. From the 22, he sees Lionel Ritchie break free. Black sets, fires, and of course it's picked off by the DT who is spying 15 yards deep. The D rises up again and hold the Middies to punt.

This time they play smart and controlled and put together a great drive. Peter Tosh hauls in a pass and the game gets to 31-28. The crowd is going crazy. Navy recieves and drives via the ground. But lighting strikes twice, and this time it's inside the 5. Robert Cray picks off an option pitch and we turn things around.

Momentum has shifted and it's time to try and even things up. Miami puts another strong drive together. In the redzone, John Coltraine goes off tackle, breaks one tackle, but not the other. He is stripped from behind and some lucky Seaman picks up the loose ball and goes 74 yards for the fumble return. 38-28. WTF.

Black then throws his fourth INT to SEaL the game. Navy runs out the clock by passing deep, so the game ends 45-28. Get it? Navy. SEaL. Nevermind, I'm reaching...

Anyway, we come up empty once again in our Bowl games and will limp back to the MACk and wait for the good teams to return.

6. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Unholy Cheese. They ran a train on me two years ago that would make Amtrak proud.

7. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Roadhouse that prob the best reveiw i ever read.... love it! not the way it turned out but the reveiw is classic. thanks

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

will play my game tommorow had power out all day because of weather killing trees and trees taking it out on power lines. Plus it (lighting) blew the bulb in my 62" sony tv and i am pissed....looking at a 32 inch 1989 crapola now

9. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Thanks Fred. It's fun to create the story. But I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut in BDawg's world of recaps. Once that crusty-ass baller gets his ish straight, he'll return and show us how it's done.

Good luck replacing the bulb. If that happened to me, I'd cry. I would shop my wife to trade for a replacement, and would even consider offers on my daughter....

10. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

EMU did what EMU does best...get trounced by better programs. This time said program was Miami and said trouncing was 54-16. We actually went into halftime only trailing 24-16 and that included a missed FG. We got the ball to start the half and drove into Miami territory only to shank another FG.

7-6 on the year and hopefully EA will bestow upon us star #2 for our prestigious program.

• Like Like x 1
  11. soxandgators

Very busy last night will play my game about 11pm est...Thx guys

12. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Sorry bro. I hope this doesn't cost you COY honors.

13. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Hay guys played ND and got beat 38-35 on a last sec FG when I exited the game it froze......just sim it. I got beat fair and square.... recap comeing tommorow i am tiered.

14. soxandgators

[​IMG]

ScreenHunter_11 Apr. 07 04.08.gif
    Players of the Game
    ScreenHunter_07 Apr. 07 04.03.gif
    ScreenHunter_08 Apr. 07 04.05.gif
    ScreenHunter_06 Apr. 07 04.02.gif
    ScreenHunter_09 Apr. 07 04.06.gif
    ScreenHunter_10 Apr. 07 04.06.gif

15. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

The Commish takes in-state rival Cinci to the woodshed. Kent St. jumped out early and then the Bearcats started to play DIRTY. Cinci knocked out Williams but in an ironic twist that seemed to help as my backup QB came out on fire and before you knew it I was up 31-0. Then EA put in some come back mode code but it was too little too late as I cruised to a Pizza Pizza Bowl victory.

Might be a QB controversy in Kent next year folks stay tuned....

16. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

IN the Broncos ND game: ND came out and scored 1st the broncos drove back down the feild and the drive stalled and we missed a FG. ND realled of 14 more points to end the 1st QT up 21-0. No worries the Broncos have been here before and we kicked it into high gear. Scoring 21 in the 2nd qt and only giving up 7 going into the half 28-21. 2nd Half we come out and score to tie the game at 28. ND behind this hurrie up no huddle ofense they run moved down and scored going up 35-28. 4th QT we come out fired up on D and we go back and forth finally scoring to tie the game. With 4 min left we get the ball and go 3 and out. They get the ball and charge down the feild like super team and kick a FG as time expires. There kicker was like 1 of 4 but hit the one that mattered!! Great Season for the Broncos despite the lose in a oh so close game. We return most of our starters and get a real QB back next year also. After playing the whole year with Backup at QB it will be nice.