(2015) College Gameday Year 4

Discussion in 'Second to None' started by KnightNoles, Nov 10, 2012.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]

Welcome back to year four of Second to None. Our Champions have consisted of: Notre Dame, Georgia and Florida State.

We saw a surprise contender last year in Illinois, can they repeat the same success this year? Minnesota will be improved but does he have the talent to get over the hump this year? Nebraska was a new comer last year and is very competitive. Notre Dame will always be there at the end of the year now with the recruiting and the coach they have.

LSU had a surprisingly down year and were embarrassed a few times, will they be able to put that behind them using it as growing pains? Georgia had the hangover after winning, I expect them to be a little more hungrier this year. Mississippi State and South Carolina will be in the mix again, can they make the plays to put them over Georgia and LSU?

Florida State will be young up front this year and coming off the Title, there should be a little decline. Boston College is still rising but I don't know how much they can rise in a year or two, they are on the right track though. Their defense is outstanding but their offense needs to produce and protect that D. Virginia Tech was shown just how good you have to be in the ACCCG, but they got there so they know what they have to do. Miami will continue to be good and were just left out of the ACCCG, they have a very good head man in Coral Gables.

This fourth year in S2N should be just as special or more as the previous three. I'm willing to bet there is more parity this year then ever before, so buckle it up and lets go!

• Like Like x 1
  2. KnightNoles

=============== Boston College Eagles (0-0) ===============​
    This week, the Eagles will host #25 Rutgers (0-0).​
    =============== #1 Florida State Seminoles (0-0) ===============​
    This week, the Seminoles are idle.​
    =============== #5 Georgia Bulldogs (0-0) ===============​
    This week, the Bulldogs will host West Virginia (0-0).​
    =============== #7 South Carolina Gamecocks (0-0) ===============​
    This week, the Gamecocks are idle.​
    =============== #2 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-0) ===============​
    This week, the Fighting Irish travel to Nashville to face the Vanderbilt Commodores (0-0).​
    =============== #18 Mississippi State Bulldogs (0-0) ===============​
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Troy (0-0).​
    =============== #23 LSU Tigers (0-0) ===============​
    This week, the Tigers will host #21 UCF (0-0).​
    =============== #13 Illinois Fighting Illini (0-0) ===============​
    This week, the Fighting Illini travel to Boise to face the #19 Boise State Broncos (0-0).​
    =============== #6 Miami Hurricanes (0-0) ===============​
    This week, the Hurricanes will host #17 Houston (0-0).​
    =============== Virginia Tech Hokies (0-0) ===============​
    This week, the Hokies will host Southern Miss (0-0).​
    =============== Minnesota Golden Gophers (0-0) ===============​
    This week, the Golden Gophers travel to Los Angeles to face the #10 USC Trojans (0-0).​
    =============== #24 Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-0) ===============​
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host UL Monroe (0-0).​

3. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I really wanted that CPU game before a user game, but I'm just glad you gave me a week 6 Fresno State for recruiting. Looking forward to hosting the defending champs.

4. KnightNoles

Yea, I had debated on it.. Week 1 game or recruiting game in the middle of the season for most teams

• Like Like x 1
  5. T3AM_F1GHT_0N

T3AM_F1GHT_0N Walk On

Does anybody know why I can't use my custom playbook in practice mode? It loads before I get into practice but once I'm in the playbook is different.

6. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    KnightNoles I want to hit you right now. On my phone so I can't find the exact quote, but it was more or less "schedule me harder CPU teams, not the likes of Troy"

Week 1 matchup... Troy :/

• Like Like x 1
  7. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I've never been able to. If you go to "coach philosophy" you may be able to select your CPB as your standard. Even if this works (not a given), it wont necessarily let you practice with it. I make my team out of the dynasty and practice. It takes a bit, but I find practice useless for me. I end up getting bored to death, so I just play exhibitions against LSU and 'Bama.

8. KnightNoles

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

82656619.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. KnightNoles

Coach_III
    broth262
    chance17
    MarkyMark67
    trevorg234
    T3AM_F1GHT_0N
    DrunkenSoldier
    Nautica
    webbs6212
    LTL7360
    Shnoogans10

Guys! I want a little bit more spice and content coming in this year, please try to post every score and some comments each week in these threads.
    We are now three years from our first class, I will try to get something written up on them and start looking at those players that came from the 2012 class

I'd like to have our own McShay or Kiper to examine the recruiting classes every week or so.. Depending on time, I will do some write ups.
    Trev did a good job with the S2N All Americans
    Broth brought us his BCS outlook
    Brainstorm some ideas

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Noted Same takes down Vanderbilt in its season opener trouncing them 52-24. Gunner Kiel had a terrific day going 16-24 for 288yds and 3 test. He also would add 31 yards on the ground as the irish are implementing more read option plays into their offense. The irish defense was alot better than the score indicates as 3 of their scores came from turnovers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. chance17

chance17 Walk On

You let Vandy get 24 points and your defense is a 99 OVR? Your third string could pitch a shutout. They're the #93 team in the nation in the preseason polls. :eek:

BTW, "Noted Same"? Was this message brought to us by autocorrect?;)

• Like Like x 3
  13. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Bulldogs- 37
    Troy-7

I thought about beating them by 100 to prove a point that I dont want to play them, but I'm in a rush, my recap and all my writeups will be up after practice.

• Like Like x 1
  14. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

I'll play my game after Walking Dead tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  15. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Great show!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Yeah that was autocorrect shenanigans at its best. Take a look at the scores, vandy. Only scored one td on my defense and that was because I blasted their qb and he fumbled and the gb picked up the ball for the score. The other 17 points came off of fumbles by my wideouts.

17. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I held them to only 191 yards of offense and -16 yards on the ground. The scoreing was because my offense couldn't hold onto the Damn ball. Oh and ishaq Williams is now the ncaa all time sack leader.

18. chance17

chance17 Walk On

Weakest link = receivers. Duly noted.

19. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

lol, not really. It was just for some reason the same WR kept fumbling. He was also getting lit up by a SS.

20. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

BC 24
    Rutgers 17

BC on open night gained 464 offensive yards. Impressive. Lee Lewis proved he is the back to be with 142 rushing yards. Laurence Hawkins threw for an impressive 287 yards 2 touchdowns but 3 picks. Look for improvement. The Eagles travel to Illinois next week

• Like Like x 1
  21. chance17

chance17 Walk On

CPU has been committing to hard hits a lot in my exhibition games and I've been getting TDs with my split ends when I didn't expect them.

22. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

Not sure, but I have the same problem. I think it is an issue with the game.

23. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

Miami Hurricanes Vs. Houston Cougars

41-0

A shut-out for the Miami defense. Updates to follow.

24. T3AM_F1GHT_0N

T3AM_F1GHT_0N Walk On

Virginia Tech (1-0, 0-0) beats Southern Miss. in its season opener by the score of 46-28. Allen Herring went 4-5 for 132 yards and 2 touchdowns. He also rushed on 12 carries for 54 yards and 2 touchdowns. All-American running back Michael Holmes rushed for 171 yards on 9 carries and had 1 touchdown. Backup quarterback Blake King threw for 2 touchdowns and went 2-5 for the day. The defense gave up 434 yards, but forced 2 turnovers.

The Hokies will travel to #2 Notre Dame next week.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  25. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Illinois- 38
    Boise State- 22

The Fighting Illini open the year in style with a tough road win in Boise. The offense started slowly as all the new pieces took time to gel, but it all kicked into gear in the second half.

The Illini debuted the "Quad Core" backfield with four players getting significant touches. True freshman Charles Thomas led the team with over 80 yards rushing on 8 carries. Coach has said this season that he wants all four players over 500 yards rushing this season, so expect to see lots of substitutions this season.

Next week Illinois will host young Boston College in a rematch of the near-disastrous upset last season. Despite several critical errors, Illinois found a way to win and catapult their season. Will 2015 be the same? We will see...