2015 Experience Offensive Freshman of the Year

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Big Suge Knight, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    2015 Experience Offensive Freshman of the Year
    Stats updated through Week 5​
    [​IMG]
    The Crimson Tide are 4 - 1 and Bowser is leading the team and conference in rushing yards and touchdowns. The 6'1 202 lbs halfback will be a big factor for the Tide as they look to be in contention in the SEC. ​
    [​IMG]

The Michigan HB Adrian Fields is currently 10th in the Big Ten in rushing and has shown some big play potential. If the Wolverines are to rebound from its difficult start Fields will be relied upon.
    [​IMG]
    The 6'6 223 lbs tight end is currently fifth in receiving for the Crimson Tide as he used his great size and receiving skills to be a consistent target for the 'Bama passing attack.
    [​IMG]
    Averaging 29.0 yards per catch, Stewart is the true definition of big play for the Nittany Lions. As he continues to perform look for Stewart to get more and more PT. Is he the next Derek McCray?​
    [​IMG]
    With the fourth most passing yards in the nation, Colt Thompson has lead the 'Noles to a 6 - 0 record and defeats of Miami, LSU and Michigan. Time will tell if he can repeat the success of teammate Derek McCray and mostly importantly lead FSU to a BCS Championship.
    [​IMG]
    Williams is the leading rusher for the defending champion Gators. His great speed makes him a constant threat in an explosive offense.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

UFs only freshman seeing significant PT is HB Cole Williams.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

QB Colt Thompson is starting for FSU.

69/95 1197 11/3
    24/130 2tds

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Looks like this award is already in the bag. FSU sure seems to start a ton of freshmen every year, didn't they win both the offensive and defensive freshmen awards last season also?

5. dakota7

Its quality, not quantity.

6. GoGators

It's lack of depth with any talent haha.

7. dakota7

Probably true my friend. Combined with some early NFL departures and transfers I didn't plan for.

8. AJ Hart MN

Penn State only has one skill player that's seeing considerable playing time. Note these state are only through 2 games as we have already had 2 byes.

5* True Freshman WR Lance Stewart is looking like a big time player. He's our 3rd wideout but we also have him in on a couple of 2 WR sets because of his outstanding ability. He's come in as a 79 so technically he's our 3rd best WR but we want him to really progress and current #2 Jay Roberts is only a 82. So far on the young season, Stewart has shown big play ability with 5 catches for 154yds and a TD. His stats should get better as the first two games were blowouts and the team basically ran the ball all second half.

Seeing that we've had the two blowouts and starter Joel Coleman was injured in the Rutgers game, Redshirt FR TB Eric Rhodes has seen some considerable playing time. Don't expect these stats to continue but Rhodes has 154 yards on 17 carries with 2 TD's through the first two weeks.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

My freshmen TE and my freshmen HB (Bowser)

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Sorry for the delay. Offensive updates in first thread.

11. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

GT has several players that should be on this thread-the much maligned QB Brent Edwards 59-122-7 TDs, 11 Ints, also WRs Tyrone Holmes and A.J. Walker. Holmes-99-151-1 TD, Walker 8-129-1 TD. None of these stats include the Duke game I believe

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I actually have 1 offensive starter thats a freshman, forgot about him. My TE Mike Morris. I don't have his stats handy from work and he definitely isn't going to win this award, but he just had a 100 yard game so he probably ranks up there.

13. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

@Big Suge Knight

Sorry, I missed this. Please keep your eye on LSU HB Adam Griffin

14. GoGators

+1. Kids the best HB I've faced this season.

15. AJ Hart MN

Update on Lance Stewart

This kid is really coming into his own. He now has 19 catches for 463yds and 2 TD's through 6 games. He seems to be getting stronger as the season has moved on and has now moved to the #2 receiver on some more formations. We're ecstatic about this kid's progression.

16. GoGators

Campaign much? lol

17. dakota7

Colt Thompson after 8 weeks:

125/179 2152 18/3
    45/135 2tds

8-0 as a starter

18. AJ Hart MN

Damn Dakota.. Killing my dreams of a Offensive Freshman of the Year [​IMG]

19. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Updated through week 9

[​IMG]
    Leads team in all rushing categories. Leads the SEC in rushing TDs and is third in rushing yards.​
    [​IMG]
    Leads the nation in QB efficiency, sixth in passing yards and tied for sixth in TD passes.​
    [​IMG]
    Leads ACC in passing yards per game, second in passing TDs and is fourth in QB efficiency.​
    [​IMG]
    Third in ACC in yards per game (79.6) and fifth in yards per catch (18.9)​
    [​IMG]
    Fourth in rushing yard in the SEC, third in rushing TDs. Leads team in carries, rushing yards and TDs. Also has 17 catches for 144 yards and a score.​
    [​IMG]
    Sixth in Big Ten in rushing yards. Leads team in carries, yards rushing and TDs. Also has​
    [​IMG]
    Seventh in Big Ten in receiving yards. Second on the team in catches and receiving yards.​

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

Did my TE fail to impress this time around...I though the kid was doing pretty well for me when it came down to being open the redzone. He had a big game vs UVA.

21. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Your TE is having a very good year but I wanted to focus on the top guys for this installment. Guys that were near the top nationally or in their conference. No offense.

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

I can respect that. And I would choose Bowser over him anyday.

23. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Me too. He would look good in maize and blue.

24. Masler

Masler Moderator

He looks better in Crimson ;)