2015 Florida State News and Notes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by runthepound, Apr 14, 2010.

1. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

2015 Florida State News and Notes

[​IMG]

Fall camp is under way in Tallahassee and the 2014 National Champs are gonna start the season at #1. Along with the money from the BCS Championship game and the total sellout of all home games, there have been some coaching additions made in the off season.

Former Heisman winner Charlie Ward has returned to his alma mater to take on coaching the QB's. [​IMG]
    After Steve Moore's departure, there was a slight drop off in talent at the QB position. Daniel Parham and Jason Scott both gained valuable playing time last season in back up roles, with Scott getting the bulk of the work. Them along with 5 Star freshman and #1 QB from last year, Ryan Harper are entering camp neck and neck for the starting spot. Ward has been brought in as a mentor and coach to help fine tune their mechanics and techniques. Coach Ward has indicated that the best players will play, even if that means multiple QB's.

After the early departure of another offensive star, HB Adrian Phillips, Coach Runthepound called up old friend Warrick Dunn to help teach the young HB's coming in.
    [​IMG]
    The Noles will put all of their eggs in the backets of 2 freshman, Dusty Thompson and Steve Myers. Warrick Dunn did indicates that their may be more than one of them on the field at times and that they will most likely split playing time. Both are quick backs and have come into college mature beyond their years.

At WR, Florida State returns their 2 leading players in Matt Hawthorne and Peter Young. Hawthorne was a slot man, but will now move to the outside. Hawthorne and Young, the twin towers both a 6'4", will look to make for a wide open field. Behind them are Freshmen Tony Woods and Jimmy Ingram, both speed guys that have the potential to take it to the house everytime they get the ball in their hands...something the Noles didn't have last year.

TE's William Wright and Darius Wise look to battle it out to replace AA TE Darrin Petty. The race is wide open and it will come down to who can block AND catch better.

The O Line may be the strongest, most experienced part of the team. Everyone returns except the Left Tackle.

The D Line will be stout as both DE's return and the DT's will be eating up some serious space.

The Line Backing core might be the best in the country and are anchored by LOLB Charles Smith. Looking for Smith to be flying to the ball and busting people in the mouth.

Travis Bailey returns for his sophomore year after ahunting Defenses in the secondary. He looks to improve on his 4 Int's from last season. The other starters all have experience and should be ready to take over for the departed.

Mike Hargrove returns to his FS position after thoughts of playing in the NFL. He will be looking to help his team while fine tuning his skills and abilities.

Another early departure left the SS position unexperienced. Johnny Johnson and Nate O'neal will be battling it out to get the starting spot. Both are even at this point and it will come down to who has the best overall coverage skills.

Both kicking positions return.

2. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I think it will be a 10-2 or 11-1 season in Tallahassee, should be interesting to see how the QB situation plays out

3. runthepound

I wouldn't be surprised with the same type of result. Depending on how the out of conference shakes out, it wouldn't surprise me at all to have a loss or 2. I know that G Unit is breaking in a new QB. JCA will have Marquardt back and both of those coaches are A+ kind of coaches, types of games that can go either way if you know what I mean.

4. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Looks like there will be an interesting race in the ACC this year. Can Noles repeat?

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

My new QB should be a beast. He must have hit the weight room hard when I redshirted him last year. He jumped some 5+Plus points.

Scouting report tonight for Tech

6. runthepound

G, seemed like in both of our games last year, your back up got some PT and he was more than capable to carry the load. But I do remember recruiting that Fr(RS).....can't remember his name, but he was going to be a good one.