2015 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bulldog, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

post them here

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Mizzou. 14
    Rutgers 24

The Rutgers defense can out fast and furious forcing several first half Tigers turnovers allowing the offense to score on two short fields. The highlight play of the game came as Missouri tried to get it's hurry up offense clicking only to see Rutgers pick off a pass and sprint 60 yards for the score. Mizzou made a late charge off a couple Rutgers turnovers to close to within 10 but some timely first downs on the ground was enough to secure the Scarlet Knights first win under their new coach.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

#2 Florida - 41

#8 Notre Dame - 6

Florida's defense forced 4 turnovers and held ND to just 6 points (2 FG). Both defense forced early field goals and the score was 6-6 heading into the 2nd quarter when Florida's offense found a groove and kept the cheesy Irish offense out of the endzone.

Florida starts off 1-0 and will travel to face USF Week 2.

4. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

#9 FSU- 58

#16 Tennessee- 14

The Noles have a strong debut under new coach MazzMan at Tennessee. FSU QB Paul Wright went 13 for 24 with 205 yards and 4 TDs. While both RBs Titus Booker and Jason Butler ran for over 100 yards. Noles defense was able to hold the Vols to only 14 points. FSU welcomes in Michigan for a good looking week 2 matchup.

5. Niners21

Niners21 Walk On

#14 Michigan - 37
    #24 Texas A&M - 7

Michigan kicked off its first full season under Niners21 in what looks to be a rebuilding year. The team knew going in the defense would need to dominate to win most games this season and this game was a great start to the season. Michigan held TAMU to 53 yards of total offense in the game while controlling the game on the ground and taking advantage of opportunities through the air. New starting Qb Trey Clark was 8-8 for 170 yards and 2 TD's while the first time starter at RB Miller ran 23 times for 160 yards and 2 TD's. Next week Michigan is going to travel to # 8 FSU in a very big early season contest.

6. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Gonna be a TOUGH year for me if this is any indication. My QB is wildly inaccurate but he is the best option at the moment. My Run game with the HB's couldnt get going, but im hoping thats because Nebraska has great run defense. Defensively I was alright, got a couple sacks, a few picks, and a fumble return or two. If i can get just a little bit of consistency in the passing game and my defense plays like it did I should eek out 8 or 9 wins.

[​IMG]

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

#1 Florida - 63

USF - 14

Bulls don't even challenge

The Gators would score 35 points in the first quarter alone and would cruise to an easy victory. USF did get lucky on a couple drives, playing good offense but ultimately failing. The game was so embarrassing that Masler would pull the starters at half time and began chewing the clock in the second. McDowell played very good today throwing for over 300 yards and scored 5 total TD's. Andrews burned the secondary twice for 2 receiving TD's on only 4 catches.

Florida is now 2-0 and open up conference vs the Volunteers next week.

Stats

C. McDowell - 8/16, 308 yards, 3 TD, 3 Att, 21 yards, 2 TD
    S. Richards - 5/9, 68 yards, 2 TD

T. Robinson - 11 Att, 81 yards, TD

X. Andrews - 4 Rec, 186 yards, 2 TD
    T. Jones - 2 Rec, 84 yards, TD

S. Malone - 5 Tackles, INT, 1 Defl, INT-TD

8. Niners21

Niners21 Walk On

#8 Florida State - 14
    #11 Michigan - 10

Michigan traveled to Florida State in a big early season game. Michigan went up 3-0 in the 1st quarter. FSU was able to respond with a 58 yard TD pass early in the 2nd to make it 7-0. Michigan answered two minutes later with a 13 yard rushing TD by QB Trey Clark. Michigan received the ball to start the 2nd half but went 3 and out and FSU was able to get a 39 yard rushing TD to make the score 14-10 with 5:35 left in the 3rd quarter. Neither team was able to score again. Michigan was able to get to the FSU 30 yard line with just under 2 minutes to go but they were not able to convert the 4th down and the Seminoles never gave the ball back.

Overall this was a close fought game that was dominated by the defense on both sides of the ball, with the exception of two big plays by FSU that turned out to be the difference.

FSU:

Paul Wright - 19-30, 285 yards, 1 TD, 3 ints

Titus Booker - 15 carries, 33 yards
    C.J Bernard - 3 carries, 33 yards, 1 TD

Jerome Lewis - 4 rec, 112 yards, 1 TD

Michigan:

Trey Clark - 17-29, 167 yards, 4 rushes, 43 yards, 1 Rushing TD

Sean Miller - 12 carries, 35 yards

Korey Durbin - 5 rec, 47 yards

9. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Ohio State - 66
    Florida Itn'l - 0

Sorry for the lopsided score. I was up 52-0 at half and th backups were in before halftime. Joe Harrell tossed 5 scores and ran for another and Freshman Nic (brother of Jaamal) Berry ran for 155 yards in the second half as tOSU blew away an overmatched FIU squad.

10. Bulldog

how many TDs on defense?

11. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

punt ret. td

12. Bulldog

that it?

13. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

yeah. mean, it was freakin FIU, i could have scored 500.

14. Bulldog

i know i was just expecting alot of Defensive TDs in games like that

15. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

i know, i apologize. 52-0 at half. I took the starters out lat in the 1st half

16. Bulldog

Oh it's no problem man like you said it was FIU lol

17. Niners21

Niners21 Walk On

#15 Michigan - 28
    Central Michigan - 0

Michigan played its first game in the Big House this season and got off to a fast start. Sean Miller was able to bust off a 79 yard TD run late in the 1st quarter to start things off. Miller added two more scores in the 2nd and Junior QB Trey Clark threw a TD with 2 seconds left in the half to put Michigan up 28-0. Neither team was able to do much offensively in the 2nd half due to bad weather conditions and players having problems holding onto the ball.

Michigan:

Clark: 9-12, 137 yards, 1 TD

Miller: 29 carries, 214 yards, 3 TD's

Durbin: 4 rec, 56 yards, 1 TD

CMU:

Mullins: 16-24, 236 yards, 1 INT

Hayes: 9 carries, 9 yards

Richardson: 4 rec, 78 yards

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

#1 Florida - 28

#18 Tennessee - 26

Gators barely make it out

The biggest play of the game came with 6 seconds left on the game clock. Tennessee had just scored a TD to make the score 28-26 in favor of Florida. Expectedly they chose to go for 2, the QB dropped back and found an open man near the back of the endzone, but CB Kemp would fly over and reach a hand in front of the ball to mark the pass incomplete. Florida would then sit on the ball and escape their own backyard with a narrow victory over a very tough Volunteer squad. Tenn was rated all A's...something I don't think they were last year.

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

#1 Florida - 68

Kentucky - 23

Gators annihilate lowly Wildcats

Florida took Kentucky to school today as they just dominated their C defense. This game was a stress reliever for Coach Masler who had just lost the SEC Championship in another league. Sorry if the score is a bit high but I needed to take out some frustrations. McDowell had an amazing day throwing the ball (except for 2 strange INT's) and even ran in a score. Robinson would have over 200 yards as he shredded the rush defense. And last but not least Heisman candidate Andrews went over 100 yards receiving again.

Florida is now 4-0 and will face The Crimson Tide next week.

Stats

C. McDowell - 15/22, 390 yards, 5 TD, 7 Att, 9 yards, TD

T. Robinson - 31 Att, 227 yards, 2 TD

S. Thomas - 4 Rec, 131 yards, TD
    X. Andrews - 4 Rec, 137 yards, TD
    T. Jones - 3 Rec, 63 yards, 2 TD

20. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Week 4
    Miami Steals one on the road vs Hated Rival
    Miami came to Doak Campbell looking to bounce back from its sim loss to Clemson. Florida State looked good this year but after losing its coach Miami was looking to capitalize. The Canes came out fast and took a 27-7 lead going into the half with two scoring strikes from QB Andrew Hawkins, including one in which the wideout caught the ball near the pylon, got it knocked out of his hands and caught it again as he was falling for the touchdown. (unfortunately I cant save any highlights as I am not using my own XBOX so my online code isnt working).
    In the second half the Noles came to life scoring 21 points in the 3rd quarter including an option pitch interception to give them the 28-27 lead headed into the 4th. The Cane defense finally stiffened up in the 4th and was able to stop the bleeding. They got an interception in the redzone and got the ball back to the Offense. With about 3 or 4 minutes left on the clock The Canes found a running game and drove from about the 10 yard line all the way into FG range mostly through the use of the ground game.
    Finally with 4 seconds left on the clock after being iced by the Noles, Kicker Aaron Bell cemented his place in Hurricane-Seminole Rivalry lore by kicking an off center 35 yard FG as time expired to give the Canes the W.
    [​IMG]

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

#1 Florida - 38

#8 Bama - 35

Gators slip by Tide on the legs of Robinson

The first quarter started off very defensively with both teams forced to punt. Florida would get the scoring started on a short pass to the TE. The following drive the Bama HB would lose the ball by way of fumble, allowing the Gators to drive back down at go up 14-0. It wouldn't take long though as the Crimson Tide would take the ensuing kickoff 95 yards to the house and get back within 7. After picking off McDowell, Bama would try to tie this game up but had to settle for a FG attempt. The kicker came up short allowing Xavier Andrews to take it 108 yards to the house after slipping past a few defenders and breaking the final tackle. But Coach Fuzzy reminded Masler that he wouldn't go away so easily and came within 7 just before halftime, making the score 21-14 in favor of Florida.

The start of the second half again started with stiff defense as both team would punt back and forth before Florida was able to tack on 3 points to go up 24-14. Before the quarter ended the Tide would score again, cutting their deficit to 3 points. The 4th quarter would yet AGAIN be very defensive until the final 50 seconds of the game. Both teams would combine to score FOUR touchdowns in a span of that time. Yes, 4 TD's in 50 seconds. Alabama's rush defense broke down twice as Robinson found the endzone while Florida's pass coverage let receivers wide open. This game came down to 11 seconds left when Robinson took a handoff up the gut, draining the clock.

Florida escapes this game to hopefully remain the top ranked team. Very good game @fuzzyl0gic. We both had tough breaks in this game and if not for the onside kick system being flawed, I would have probably lost.

Stats

C. McDowell - 14/21, 155 yards, TD
    J. Jackson - 12/22, 387 yards, 4 TD

T. Robinson - 23 Att, 149 yards, 3 TD
    B. Glover - 12 Att, 32 yards, 6 Returns, 95 yard return for TD

X. Andrews - 1 Rec, 5 yards, 108 yard fumble return for TD
    S. Conley - 2 Rec, 104 yards, 2 TD
    T. Beck - 2 Rec, 100 yards, TD
    B. Newsome - 2 Rec, 86 yards, TD

The only thing I can really say about the defenses is that Florida had a very good run defense today while Alabama was sacking McDowell left and right, also shutting down Florida's receivers. Well played on that part fuzzy.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Ohio State 54
    N'Western 14

Kind of a sloppy game passing wise, as Ohio State looked to establish a passing game early and it never really materialized. That said, the overall talent on this Ohio State team was too much for Northwestern. Harrell finished with 250 yards passing, and the defense again dominated.

23. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 14
    [​IMG] 27

The Pitt Panthers traveled to New Brunswick to take on the Scarlet Knights this afternoon in Big East action. Pitt came into the game with a 1 - 2 record fresh off a bye and having hired a new coach, Danthraxxx. The Panthers seemed up to the task as Rutgers QB W Ashley was picked off on a late thrown comeback route by Pitt CB A Edwards and returned 32 yards for a TD. Ashley who played well last week against WVU looked a little bewildered by the defensive as he often times threw late missing several timing routes. On the day he completed 15 of 27 passes for 232 yards with a TD and the opening minute INT. The Scarlet Knight defense stepped up blanking the Panthers offense through the first three quarters as playmaking SS MArvin Maxey and LB Adam Cole stepped in front of Pitt passes giving control of the ball back to the Rutgers offense. The Scarlet Knight game ball went to JR HB Mark Robinson who tallied 3 total TDs and ran for 118 yards on 17 carries, including the game sealing 60 yard run to daylight. Next week Rutgers hits the road to take on UCONN while Pitt returns to the 'Burgh to host Syracuse.

24. Masler

Masler Moderator

#1 Florida - 56

Miss St - 21

Gators Chomp Bulldogs

That little old lady left her dog out by the Swamp and the Gator ate it alive. The Bulldogs embarrassed themselves today with a poor showing of offense but did have some life to their defense. they only got some offense going when Masler pulled the starters in the 4th. HB Robinson had a GREAT game going over 200 yards and 3 TD's. The McDowell -Andrews show returned as the two connected all game to bring some life back to the Florida passing game.

Florida continues to gain a head of steam and is now 6-0(4-0). A big challenge under the lights next week vs LSU looms ahead.

Stats

C. McDowell - 14/30, 239 yards, 3 TD

T. Robinson - 21 Att, 209 yards, 3 TD, 1 Rec, 22 yards

X. Andrews - 8 Rec, 110 yards, 2 TD, 2 KR, 113 KR yards, 1 KR-TD
    S. Green - 3 Rec, 101 yards
    B. Stewart - 2 Rec, 54 yards, 2 TD

25. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Ohio State 49
    Minnesota 0

Ohio State again shut the door on a fellow Big Ten opponent. Even when the backups came in during the 3rd quarter, the Gopher offense could not get things going.

Derrick Harris bulldozed his way for 148 yards and 2 TDs, and freshman sensation Nic Berry added 100 more.

2014 Thorpe Award Winner, Mark Harris picked off 2 more passed, as he cements his legacy as one of Ohio State's 5 or 6 best safetys of all time.

Next up, the struggling Boilermakers 'make' their way into the SHoe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.