2015 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Fmode11, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Post your game summaries when games are completed. Let's try and at least post the score a brief recap.

2. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

Aren't we on 2015? (y)

3. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    77 - 24​
    MSU comes off Loss as #1 and Finger Bangs the Hell Outta Purdue

Welp, I played half this game, to where it was 42-3 at halftime. At that point it was was either the sliders were not reapplied or Purdue was just that bad. I super-simmed the 2nd half as the wife had a special dinner ready for me. I return to the console and the CPU was apparently just as mad as I was to see the Spartans loss at #1. Cook throws 9 touchdowns and completed a 100% WTF on all of division 1.

clayandlbf sliders completed in this dynasty? This seems much easier than previously... or playing on the murderous sliders in The Legacy made this seem like a cake-walk. I didn't mean to run up the score so bad. Literally every play-action pass left a guy WIDEOPEN down-field :eek:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  4. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 4.04.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 4.05.21 PM.png

• Like Like x 2
  5. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

Love all the videos Raidernation. Tough to win with 4 picks.

6. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Clemson misses Tajh Boyd. Ugh...

• Like Like x 1
  7. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Indiana rolls over #15 Texas A&M, 42-17.

[​IMG]

Box Score.png

Scoring Summary.png
    Team Stats.png

8. Raidernation

WwwoOowwW ..... That stat line is crazy 14/15 347 .... Would have been an interesting game to watch .....

9. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

4 TDs, too. Got lucky on a HB screen and a CB missed the jam on the long pass in the video. A&M was protecting the run most of the game (take away the long TD on the option and I was 22 carries for 18 yards) so I opened up the passing game in the second quarter to build the big lead. 8 different receivers caught the 14 passes. It was probably the best game I've had passing with Indiana, which has been very much a run-first offense in this dynasty.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  10. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Turnovers give #19 Indiana the loss to #10 Georgia, losing 36-30 in four overtimes

[​IMG]

Box Score.png
    Scoring Summary.png

Georgia stuffed Indiana's offense pretty much the entire game and turned two first half turnovers into 10 points, but Indiana did manage 3 field goals and pulled ahead 17-10 with 53 seconds to play. Georgia drove down the field and faced a 4th and 6 with 20 seconds remaining and just 1 timeout. The pass was dropped, but Indiana was flagged for roughing the passer on the play ( :mad:!!!!!!!!! This was a bonehead move by me) allowing Georgia's drive to stay alive. They would score on the following play when backup QB Kenard Fields scrambled 14 yards to tie it up. But Indiana wasn't finished. After one incomplete pass, QB Nate Sudfield found WR Dustin Bowser running free behind the defense as time ran out. If Bowser was a little faster he would have scored, but the slow receiver was dragged down from behind at the 10 yard line. On to overtime.

After trading touchdowns in the first overtime, it was all field goals for overtime numbers 2 and 3. In the fourth overtime, Georgia's Fields scrambled again for a 19 yard score. On the first play of Indiana's ensuing drive, Sudfield had WR Ricky Jones down the sideline with no safety to the middle of the field. Instead of throwing it inside, he threw the ball to the outside, allowing CB David Hall to make the interception and end the game. What made the game more frustrating was in the second overtime, after Georgia had only kicked a field goal, Sudfield missed a wide-open receiver on third down which would have been a sure touchdown to win the game.

Video highlights are on the dynasty wire. I don't feel like uploading and posting them here right now.

Team Stats.png

• Like Like x 2
  11. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Colorado State blasts #20 Indiana's defense for 41-23 win.

Box Score.png
    Stats.png

I absolutely refuse to believe our defense is this bad. Just a really, really bad game. Everybody out of position and poor tackling all game. Completely unacceptable.

And I really want this punter:

12. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

13. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

Yeah, between the 4OT game that I had won before roughing the passer and this, it has been rough. Hopefully it gets better in conference play. Team is extremely young so I'm hopeful for the future.

14. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

But looking at your roster - your defense wouldn't win you in the SWAC title my friend. You better hit that recruiting trail HARD this year.

15. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

Yeah, they're bad, but I don't think they're much worse than the defenses I've had so far which have been top 5 every year.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Raidernation

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    In what was a sloppy game for Arkansas ended in a victory on the shoulders of the Razorback defense. 21-7 til the very end of the third quarter Michigan State was unable to get it's offense rolling. Though they did manage two long scores the run game for the spartans was put on hold (8att/20yds) and honestly if the Michigan receivers had've caught a few key passes MSU would have won this game, but instead to the victor goes the spoils. Brandon Allen was half way out of Fayetteville with his accuracy today but he managed to regain somerepest by way of two TD tosses to his best targets McIntosh and Rogers who combined for 10 catches for 197 yds and a score apiece. The biggest contributor on offense was true freshman Jermaine Heard (19/109) who was given the starting nod because of an injury to tailback Jonathan Williams. Heard proved to be the difference maker for the hogs getting tough first downs against a pretty formidable defense. The road gets tougher for the Razorbacks as they'll be hosting Alabama next week and the Aggies the week after Woo Pig Sooie !!​
    GG Fmode11
    Screen Shot 2012-12-07 at 7.04.52 PM.png Screen Shot 2012-12-07 at 7.05.37 PM.png
    All the scores from this weeks matchup.​

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

only 5 rushes with my RB and 6 drops by the WR were costly. Even with your interceptions you still were able to move the ball offensively. I could not get my defense off the field. The time of possession was embarrassing. Good game.

18. Raidernation

yeah the funniest shit was, as I was talking about the interceptions BOOM interception! like I said I try to plan for them SMH if I can limit them I'd be a force.

19. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    @fmode11 vs. clayandlbf

38 - 9

This story of this game was two-fold. The first three possessions and then the rest of the game.

Part I - Clemson takes the opening kick and methodically drives down the field to score a touchdown on a 14 yard throw to Clemson WR Moore. On the ensuing drive the Clemson defense forced a fumble and recovered by Clemson with only open field between the defender and the end zone. Unfortunately, the anxious user pushed the dive button and the player downed himself on an almost guaranteed defensive TD unless a defender caught him which looked unlikely where everyone on the field was at that moment. Clemson then began to march again into the Spartan endzone looking to take complete control of the game. Often taking advantage of soft coverage on out-route throws, Clemson attempted another only to be intercepted by the underneath CB. On the catch the game ruled the CB took possession and carried the ball BACK INTO THE ENDZONE for a SAFETY... smh. Clemson often a very kind possession return on a punt/punt to give MSU the ball, but still down 0-9.

Part II - Short and simple and Spartans were able to move the ball with back-up QB O'Connor relieving the injured, and all-time passing leader in MSU history, QB Cook. O'Connor was sharp completing 7/10 passes, 3 for touchdowns. He finished with 84 yards in short relieve. On the other side of the tape - Clemson finished the game with 6 interceptions. MSU would close the game on a 38-0 run.

Funny how turnovers can turn around an otherwise competitive game. Clemson had more first downs ( Clem 13 - MSU 11). Once the lead widen Clemson was forced to throw downfield more and MSU was already playing soft zone waiting for the throws. 6 Interceptions by 3 players and that was a wrap.

Clemson is struggling to replace super-star talent that left last season but should find footing with the talent they have.

GG clayandlbf

Game Ball:

MSU CB Jacob Rucker
    1 tack 3 int

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

funny it won't let me tag myself :confused:

21. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

22. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Old Oaken Bucket Returns to Bloomington
    [​IMG]

Scoring Summary.png

After spending one short year in Purdue's care, Indiana wins back the Old Oaken Bucket with a 21-14 win. The game was quite a bit closer than it seemed, but Indiana threw a pick in the endzone, punted from Purdue's 35-yard line, and knelt the ball at the 1-yard line in the closing seconds.

Indiana lost wide receiver and kick/punt returner Dustin Bowser for 12 weeks to a broken rib injury (third offensive player to miss at least half the season), but CB Andy Williams stepped up in the return game, returning a punt 56 yards for a touchdown in the third quarter to give Indiana the one-score lead.

In the fourth quarter, it looked like Indiana might make it a two-score game but their drive stalled at Purdue's 35-yard line and they were forced to punt. Two plays later, Purdue QB Robert Gregory threw an interception with 4:14 remaining and the Hoosiers kept the ball the rest of the game, eventually kneeling it at the 1-yard line.

The story of this game was the Indiana defense, which contained Gregory's scrambles and the entire Purdue offense, holding them to just 202 yards of total offense. The defensive line played especially well, getting 4 of the 7 sacks on the day.

Team Stats.png

Check out those penalties! The real highlight of this game was when I went upstairs for 5 minutes or so at halftime and came back down to see that my 2 year old had un-paused the game and was playing for me. I had received the kickoff and it was 3rd and 32 from my own 1-yard line. He had been sacked, completed a pass for 7 yards, and then had 7 delay of game penalties in a row.

23. Raidernation

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    The number 4 team in the country came out swinging this game forcing three turnovers early to get out to a 14-0 lead. It would be an unyielding defense that stood up to the challenge and gave the Hawgs offense to run the clock and finish out on the road.
    Screen Shot 2012-12-22 at 10.05.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-22 at 10.06.35 AM.png

24. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Indiana can't keep up with #6 Ohio State, falls to 4-4.

[​IMG]

Indiana had made it a habit to upset Ohio State. They'd done it three straight times and coach JonSkinny12 had never lost to the Buckeyes. But that all changed this week when the Indiana defense laid down on the field, allowing 8.5 yards per play and 49 points.

Junior QB Nate Sudfield threw 4 touchdowns and Kevin Ford hit a 50 yard field goal. But the fact remains: Indiana is 4-4 and with Wisconsin and Penn State still on the schedule, it's going to be a fight to get to a fourth straight bowl game for this young team. They've shown some good signs pointing toward a bright future in 2016 or 2017, but the defense needs a lot of work. The Ohio State offense absolutely shredded the Hoosier defense, and the 49 points is the most Indiana has let up under coach JonSkinny12. In fact, before 2015, they had never allowed 40 or more points under his coaching and they've now done it twice this year.

Scoring Summary.png

Team Stats.png

25. Raidernation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Y'all missed an action packed game last night in Athens. The #2 ranked Georgia Bulldogs hosted the #4 Arkansas Razorbacks in a preview of the SEC Championship. The Hogs drove right down the field on their first possesion and settled for a field goal. Then the Bulldogs, on the first play of their initial drive, stretched the Arkansas defense for a 76 yard score. After trading possessions Arkansas would get into the endzone in the second quarter from 21 yards out. Just before the half, Georgia would convert an interception into 6 points on a Kenard Fields pass. Up 14-10 at the half, the Bulldogs struck quickly returning the second half kickoff 99 yards on some good moves by Jamal Payette. The celebration was cut ultra short by senior Rohan Gaines who returned the very next kickoff 105 yards. Then, on the Bulldogs next possession, Fields was picked off by CB Ben Gordon who took the interception to the house, 24-21 Arkansas. Fast forward to the fourth quarter, Georgia ties up the game with a field goal after missing one near the end of the third. Arkansas then misses a field goal after their drive stalled on the 36 yard line. The Bulldogs took over with a little over a minute on the clock. It seemed like they would've been primed for the go ahead score but freshman Safety Trey hall had different plans. This freshman of the year candidate, who not only leads the nation in interceptions, but leads the team in big plays in big games, intercepted a long pass thrown by Fields with 45 tics on the clock. With the momentum well in their favor the Hogs went right down the field for the go ahead score leaving 15 seconds on the clock. Great Game eberdeeber
    Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 5.40.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 5.40.34 PM.png

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.