2015 Game Summary thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GMONEY 15, Dec 30, 2012.

1. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Nov 24, 2011
    Hey guys

Kindly put your game summaries here in this post. I thought I made one earlier but I guess I didn't. Thanks Selvy9 for pointing this out to me. Once again I appreciate all of your efforts in making this OD strong again. Each and every one of us make this league roll on.

Look forward to some pretty cool things in the upcoming years of this OD. I have some clever plans for the next couple of seasons. ;)

Please update your recruiting boards by the weekend.

Be safe fellas over there in the US and have a happy New Year ahead.

Wilfiger PSU 38
  2. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Jun 4, 2012
    USC-A LOT MSU-35
    Just an embarrassment. Couldn't do diddly poo(Jim Mora voice) on defense, starting QB sucks. We will go with our backup for the rest of year.​
    MSU is going to have to step up if they want a shot at repeating as B1G Ten Champs.​
  3. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Dec 22, 2011
    Wake Forest Handles Virginia 41-21

Kevin Sousa has spent most of this season trying to silence the critics that call him a running quarterback. Sometime last week, he must have heard one too many critics, as he torched the Cavaliers for 374 yards through the air and 3 TDs on Saturday. The Demon Deacon defense did its part as well, limiting Virginia to zero 3rd down conversions and forced 3 turnovers.
  4. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Apr 22, 2012
    Cowboys Cruise, Falcons Falter
    Zac Butler stretches out to catch a slant pass. Butler outran the defense to the endzone on the play.
    The Air Force Falcons were unable to keep up with the Oklahoma State Cowboys as JW Walsh and the offense nearly racked up 600 yards of offense. Coach Gundy was thrilled that his offense finally seemed to be clicking after a slow start to the season. "We have the potential to go out there and do this every game. We've had a few games where we almost got it all together offensively, but this is the first time that we were able to rush and pass the ball effectively. I'm proud of the way our guys have been playing lately."
    A tough early season schedule may be proving beneficial for the Cowboys as they entire conference play. Upcoming games against Texas and OU will be very challenging and the Black and Orange seem to be putting it all together at the right time.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  5. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

Jun 11, 2010
    The Texas Long Horns pull out a much needed win over #2 Ranked OSU Cowboys 31-23.

The Longhorns were able to ride the Legs of HB J. Grey as he rushed for 156 Yards and a TD. OSU QB J. Walsh kept it a game by passing for 299 yards. Coach Rice had this to say about the game "We knew we were going to be in for a battle and we stuck in there after pretty much being dominated a majority of the first half, we got a couple things to go our way late in the 2nd with a pick and we kept it going from there"

Player of the Game HB J. Gray 21 Car, 156 Yds, TD

GG droid43 hopefully i see you or OU in the conference championship game
    • Like Like x 2
  6. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Feb 17, 2011
    Irish Win Ugly

Well, unfortunately Wilfiger PSU 38 and I had a pretty rough go of things. We started our game, and were in the midst of a really ugly game midway through the 2nd quarter. I think it was a 3-0 or 3-3 game or somewhere in there. Just no hint of offense anywhere, both teams looking bad. Then, a damn connection lost thing came up and we had to start over. So, we get going, and wouldn't ya know it, another crapfest, neither team able to move or do much, PSU had one great drive down to the 1 yard line, but somehow ND stuffed them twice and forced a field. ND answered with a fg, then about a minute or 2 before half, again with the connection failure. Apparently even the game was disgusted by our play. At that point I'm sure we both figured it wasn't going to work, but we gave it one more shot.

Finally, game 3 went all the way through. This time, again, started like the 1st 2, neither of us could move or doing anything coherent on offense. We ended the 1st qtr in a 0-0 barn burner. It continued that way early in the 2nd, but finally, ND was able to get a decent drive, and got to the 19. From there, QB Golson took advantage of some soft man coverage to hit Neal on a hitch route, he then broke the tackle and took a few steps into the endzone.

The Irish D remained stiff, and got the ball back for the O, who were able to make something happen again. After runs on 1st and 2nd down were stuffed, Golson found TE Ben Koyack streaking past the D for a 36 yard TD. It was a perfectly placed ball and gave us some breathing room up 14-0 with just over 2 minutes in the half.

ND picked off an errant pass on the next drive, setting us up with good field position around the 40. Heisman favorite George Atkinson took a handoff 31 yards to get inside the 10, and from there was able to pound his way in for a big score to go up 21-0 at the half.

The 3rd and 4th quarters were kind of a stalemate, but Atkinson and the Irish O-line were able to bang out several decent runs to sustain some clock burning drives to ice the game.

It really sucks that our first attempts got DC'ed, what ended up happening doesn't do Wil justice as to how well he was playing. Just looking at our rosters, he was really undermanned against us and did a heckuva job stopping me for 2 halves of football that he doesn't get credit for. Good luck the rest of the way man.

Oh, and here's some evidence of how ugly that game was, with out GA, I had nothin.

7. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Jun 4, 2012
    Spartans shut out the Gators 24-0 in Gainesville
    After a disappointing 2014 season, the Spartans were eager to kickoff the new season.​
    The Spartans defense forced 4 INTs, 2 of which were inside the redzone preventing 2 potential Florida scores. Junior QB Chris Harley was efficient, completing 61 % of his passes while throwing 240 yards and 2 TDs.​
    After both offenses stalled in the 1st quarter, MSU's took the field and completed 3 3rd downs on the opening drive of the 2nd quarter one of which went 26 yards for the games opening score. The Spartans wouldn't look back as they put up two more TDs in the quarter to go up 21-0 at halftime.​
    Florida's offense would continue to struggle in the 2nd half, they were unable to convert a third down while Michigan St continued converting third after third. The Spartans run game would eventually ice it in the 4th giving them their 1st victory of the year.​
    Players of the game: Entire Defense - 194 yards allowed, 4 INTs​
    GG Butcher Black gg and gl the rest of the season​
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 2