2015 - Heisman (Georgia Bulldogs) Race

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Feb 11, 2010.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

2015 - Heisman (Georgia Bulldogs) Race

[​IMG]

Tradition 1
    2015 Preseason
    Heisman Watch

[​IMG]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VA TECH SENIOR WR - JEFF ELLIS
    3 Star recruit Ellis has a bit of a back story. Jeff was all set to sign with Colorado State when he got a call form UGA coach Hellisan. He suggested he check out VA Tech before committing, saying that it would dramatically help his draft status for the NFL. After 1 visit to Blacksburg he was convinced and here we are.

It took a while before Jeff started to see more reps (Logan Thomas graduating helped the most). Last season was Jeff's breakout year with 84 receptions and 19 tds. The standout stat is the amazing 22.6 yards per catch. He is a deep threat and his size (6'6) presents a problem for the many short CBs out there. He also can run with the ball after the catch. Look for Jeff to hover around the Heisman top 5 as he is known for shredding cpu teams as well as user teams.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UNC SENIOR HB -MARCUS KERR
    Well 2014 Heisman ,Walker and Maxwell winner Marcus Kerr is back for one last stand against the ACC. Short and stout this monster averages 5.1 yards over 732 carries. He is a man child carrying the ball 402 times last season! He can bounce it outside with his speed and quickness or just run it up the gut for the tough yards (99 BTK). When playing UNC this is the guy you need to keep your eyes on at all times.

I predict, if he stays healthy, that Kerr will repeat as Heisman winner. He is the main guy at UNC and we don't see anyone taking away from his reps. All of us in the ACC hope for a season ending injury. He is that good!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AUBURN JUNIOR QB - WILLIAM HAMILTON
    William Hamilton (The Wetumpka Wizard) was the Top Recruit 3 years ago. Last year was a glimpse of what this boy can do throwing for 3000+ and 34 TDs. He can also shred you with his legs with his 90 speed. Look for him to run when you least expect it.

It is not all roses for Willy though. He redshirted his Sophomore year after a lackluster freshman stint and has thrown 35 interceptions and has been sacked 83 times in 2 seasons. These stats will HAVE to been improved on if Auburn wants to contend. If he does improve look for Auburn to be a force and "The Wizard" will be the main reason

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LSU SOPHOMORE HB JAYSON BAILEY

A young gun with blazing speed and tons of potential. 315 attempts for 1498 yds and 19 tds. A freshman's dream season if I may say so. Coach Ryno salivates when having this guy in the lineup. One problem though.....Coach Rynoaid's program is more about strategy and playcalling then workouts and strength training. Alot of his work horses tend to go down with injury at some point. This guy has to stay healthy if LSU wants to compete with the big boys.

My prediction is that he will fall out of the Top 5 at some point as LSU is not a stat king and tends to spread the ball around as much as possible. Also these HB's tend to disappear in user games. I am curious how Jayson's year finishes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UGA SOPHOMORE WR SHAWN LEE

Shawn Lee was the DEEP threat for the Bulldogs last year. Whether Coach Hellisan threw to him or not opposing coaches needed to keep in mind he might be going deep any play. Another young gun with blazing 97 speed he did have a hands problem. Lee dropped 17% of his 63 targets. UGA hopes this will only improve over time.

Shawn will have to compete for reps with the other UGA WR Mike Outlaw. Outlaw won the #1 WR slot in the offseason but look for both of them to have huge years. I would hate to have to defend against these guys as sending them deep and then shredding you short would be a successful offensive strategy for UGA. Can he do it without Scales though??

Other potential Heisman Candidates

• VA TECH HB Bruce Burton
    • UGA WR Michael Outlaw
    • BAMA HB S. Sanchez
    Look for updates throughout the year!

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Shawn Lee is #5 but you can write him off. Michael Outlaw is going to be our #1 receiver this year....

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Damn, I was looking forward to this!

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Working on it....i did my team preview last night.

I brought some pics into work to do this.....Dont worry I am only doing like 5-6 players.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Completed....please comment

6. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Nice work! I like how this year you kinda have to pick your poison on defense. When I UGA last year, we focused on shutting down Lee. We were able to do so but Scales hurt me with scrambles. The same thing happened in our second meeting with Ellis and Va Tech.

Kerr is in the same boat as Lee. He will still get a healthy portion at dinner time, but we have to get other members of the offense more involved. In order to get back to the ACC championship, we're going to try to have him top out around the 12-1400 yard range.

Nice post J

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Curious how no Vols ever make this list...

For Future reference Tyler Adams RS Freshman RB will be a name to watch for.

8. BRUCE80

Thanks for doing the write up JMS its very well done.

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Bailey is definitely one of the only home run hitters i got on offense, but Junior(RS) Clayton Hall is TAKING carries away from Bailey with his performance. He has 97 acc and 97 btk... so he is getting alot of looks in short yardage and when we are trying to grind it out.

Bailey struggles between the tackles, but when he gets in the open field he can fly.. I expect his numbers to be down this year, but he has a huge upside for a spectacular Junior/Senior seasons if i can keep him in Baton Rouge.

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Adam Francis is pissed you left him off the list.

11. BRUCE80

Is he even starting for you Juggs?

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Yeah but strictly out of lazyness. I didn't have the time to practice with Wise and see how good his arm is as compared to Francis. I know what Francis gives me. So I picked a playbook that I could use either in and I plan on slowly working Wise into cpu games to see how I like him. Week 1, I liked Francis alot more than Wise. We have a week 2 bye so I can practice with them now before back-to-back user games.

13. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Geat Post JMS!

Auburn has changed their Offense for the upcoming season.......

Offense: Ohio St.
    Defense: Multi-D

14. jfosh

jfosh Super

Enjoyed the post JMS....Sanchez is a guy to watch from BAMA but will not get the staggering 400 CARRIES that propelled Kerr to 2000 yards last season.

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Well the CPU whoring is in full effect!!!

it appears that Ellis is now last in the running for Heisman after a 6 catch 130 yards and 2 TDS vs UNC.

Looks like Tyler from Tenn and UGA WR Michael Outlaw are leading the pack. Also UGA QB Murray is putting up impressive numbers. Tenn has played 2 user games but UGA is racking up the points with against the lowly cpu teams....that will end this week.

Ellis will not be winning the Heisman this season....his bid is over after he tripped on a randomly dropped pom pom after the Notre Dame game. He fell hard and sprained his wrist badly and will be missing at least 3 weeks. He has said though he will play vs MIAMI!

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

cpu whoring for sure. I hate having to wait until Week 6 to face a user and it's always focking Tennessee. Although it was Shawn Lee and Murray in the Heisman race last week.... Outlaw jumped into the fray with a pretty great performance he was just open every time I looked over there.

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Hard not to throw to a guy that is always open...AKA Logan Thomas and Jeff Ellis.

Logan more b/c their were LBs covering him. Ellis is just so freaking big and quick.

Dont forget about Lee and Outlaw vs Tenn.....keep throwing to them till rusty stops that shit!

18. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

he might get an honorable mention this year if he keeps up at this pace, but watch for Ray Wise next year as a Senior (hoping he comes back that is) to be one of the legit contenders.

Very well could have a 3000 pass yd/30 td - 1000 rush yd/10 td type of season, and the cpu loves running QBs

19. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

This thread has been appropriately renamed to the Bulldogs Heisman race.....

If I remember the Heisman race as of Week 8 correctly

1. Outlaw WR - UGA
    2. Murray QB - UGA
    3. Tyler HB - TENN
    4. Lee WR - UGA
    5. ??? - ???

20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    hmm I thought that QB from Colorado was somewhere in the discussion? Last time I checked he had 25TD's, 2INT's

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL!!! Well I didn't have any byes in the early part of the season so I've played at least 1, sometimes 2 more games than you guys. Also my QB is awesome... Can't wait to see how he does against UF and AUB though that could be another story :)