2015 Ivy League Champions

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Nov 25, 2012.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

The Yale Bulldogs

#20 Yale-35
    #2 Brown-10

All scoring was done in the first half since Nik had to go somewhere.

Nik received and threw a slant to the slot that went for a 73 yard TD on the 2nd play from scrimmage.

Even though it took me 5 plays, I answered with a 47 yard TD pass of my own, hitting Andre Grant up the sideline vs a Cover2.

Nik then threw a pick6 to...wait who?...Yale RB Ross? He was in playing CB? That's right kids. Inspired by Strick 's new recruit and how he is going to use him, and inspired by how high Ross is rated as a CB (74 with 95 speed and 87 man), I gave him a shot and he didn't disappoint.

Nik came out again and hit some big throws including a 49 yarder where I was usering the SS too close in a Cover2. 1st and Goal on the 4 and he gains 3 yards on a rush to make it 2nd and Goal on the 1. I say 'fuck it' and run commit middle and John Running Water is blown up before he even hands the ball off for a 3 yard loss. 3rd and Goal on the 4. Now Nik has to pass it. We bring 6 and get home and he's kicking a FG from the 10.

14-10 Yale

I come out and hand it to Ross for a 10 yard gain. (Ross is still in there taking about half of the RB snaps even though he's playing some D and returning kicks.) Poland scrambles for 17 yards and then hits Andre Grant on a post for 28 yards. Nik's D bows up and I miss a 49 yard FG.

Nik comes out and looks for a drag from the slot but the slot never sees the ball and my corner grabs it for our 2nd interception.

I'm thinking Nik is gonna be pissed and blitz heavy so I max-protect and send 3 WRs deep. I was right, he blitzes, I'm. In. His. Head. Andre Grant beats his press and I hit him deep for 32 yards before he's pushed out at the 3. I bring out my RossDozer package and Ross strolls into the endzone.

21-10 Yale

1st down and Nik tries to throw to his slot on an Out but the CB presses and sags into his zone underneath and makes the pick.

Right away, we get called for holding and face a 1st and 20. Nik plays Cover3 but his safeties get confused on my WRs scissor routes and I hit a wide-open Andre Grant for a 37 yard TD in the back of the endzone.

28-10

Nik gets some stuff going through the air but has become one dimensional. I user pick a post to essentially seal the game. We both turned on chew clock but Ross wasn't done yet. 2nd and 6 and the RossDozer takes it up the gut for a 37 yard score to make the game 35-10 and that is where it would stay.

• Yale HB Sam Ross: 9 rushes for 74 yards and 2 TDs, 1 catch for 11 yards, 3 returns for 64 yards, 1 tackle and 1 Int for a 30 yard TD. Sammy Football. I could've easily got him a passing TD (he threw one when Nik and I played in the regular season) and a receiving TD if we had played a full game.
    • WR Andre Grant caught 4 balls for 144 and 2 TDs
    • The nations best turnover margin extends as we won it 4-0.
    • It feels good to not only get revenge vs Nik but also to keep him from being the first NC winner in the Ivy.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Strick

Strick Walk On

Glad I could be of inspiration.

3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Nice....big win"

5. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

It should also be noted that my team beat the Ivy League Champ, so it's kinda like I'm the champion too!