2015 Kerploomp Recruiting Special

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

2015 Kerploomp Recruiting Special

[​IMG]

2015 Recruiting Special

This is one of the last classes that will likely have a full career. I think that if you want you could redshirt a player from this class and still get four years out of him... but that's not assured. If they're really good, just play them :)

This is absolutely the only time I will ever do this... Holy crap. Usually I just look at 2-3 positions of need... and never this in depth.

This is where the Top 100 will eventually be, etc.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]

Quarterbacks

Let's be clear: This is a piss-poor recruiting class for quarterbacks. None of the top guys would have been the top guy in any of the other classes, in my opinion. It consists of a few guys with good arms and absolutely no athleticism, and scramblers with absolutely no accuracy. Let's talk about the guys at the top of my board.

1. Brian Barber - I have :3stars: Barber listed as my #1 guy this time around. The only thing that separates him from Bailey is that he has a good carry rating and a little better size. If that results in 10 fewer fumbles in his career or something... It's worth it.

2. Brad Carter - Another :3stars: - This is a case of going with my ratings more than anything else, I'd rather have Bailey. Carter has a solid arm and at least some elusiveness in the pocket, along with a good injury rating.

3. Andre Bailey - Signed by Tennessee - Best arm in the class, good size. Horrible athleticism, no carry rating, and no awareness.

4. Early Johnson -Maybe the one exception to my opening paragraph line about this class. He's fast, h as good size, a good arm and accuracy that could improve into the acceptable range. In other words, upside.

5. Dave Sullivan - Good arm, and enough speed to get outside to throw it out of bounds or occasionally grab a few yards. The downside is he's small.

6. Shane Grigsby - His accuracy is as good as anybody in the class. Can Nebraska or USC snag him away from LSU? Downside is a lack of arm strength, athleticism, or size.

7. Brian Clark - Signed by Georgia - Good arm, acceptable accuracy. He's the only QB in the class with awareness. I personally think awareness is very helpful and he's got great awareness. He's in fact a carbon copy of my current QB that is having a great season. But without proof that AWR helps a QB I didn't factor it into the rankings and I list him here at #7.

There's a couple of interesting sleepers in this class. The :2stars: QB Doug Evans has intrigued me since I looked at him, I think he is the type of guy that might struggle as a freshman, and improve to be a near dominant force by his senior year as he has a good combination of size, athleticism, and an acceptable arm. Beanpole Mark Kane has some decent speed, a good arm, and will eventually have decent accuracy with development.

[​IMG]

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]

Halfbacks

I don't think this is a particularly great halfback class but it definitely has greatness at the top in the form of Sterling Duckett. Duckett has it all, good speed and great everything else. With all of the success that non-speedsters have had recently including a Heisman winner in Kerr... That lack of top end speed just doesn't matter. And he's still got plenty of speed. We are surprised that nobody made Alabama work for this player. Not that they have signed him yet; Miami is going to try and pull a Derrick Marcus act on him... Alabama should not slow down on his recruitment.

While I don't think that Dustin Hernandez is on the same level as Duckett he could eventually improve to be just as good. Fernandez is a really strong runner with great acceleration.

The first deep sleeper comes in the form of Willie Greco out of Westminster, MD. Greco is rated fourth on our list but we might take him ahead of Thornton if we had the choice. Our ratings don't take into account the receiving ability out of the backfield very much since so few of the running backs can catch well. Greco is one that really can. His greatest strength is having no obvious weaknesses.

On the rest of them... Judge for yourselves...

[​IMG]

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I live for these things man. Very cool and great way to get some in depth discussion going on the class.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Thanks Carl updated the 2nd post with the quarterbacks.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Decent RB class and I'm fighting for a 3 star lol

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I was surprised that even with that speed he was only the 13th rated speed back. He sux. (n) You see the way this works is that for speed it gives that a priority to a factor of (whatever I input) and in this case speed comprises HALF of my rating for speed backs and he's still the 13th best there, what a piece of crap. You sneeze on him he's going down.

8. jfosh

jfosh Super

Ducket is coming to Bama....That is a done deal.... recruited 3 backs last season will need to cut 1 or make a Position change well see how they develop after progression. Look for Ducket to start as a redshirt freshman and bring all Bama's records down (our youngest starting back has been a JR). He would be only the second Freshman to start in the Dynasty for me. The Last was (SS) Jaret King who jumped for the pros after his junior season.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

for some reason tables aren't working for me Fosh so I have been doing this with JPEGs needless to say the signing info will lag... Yeah great signing man. Love him I think he'll be in the top 5 players in the entire class. And due to the fact that it's such a slow class in terms of offensive weapons I'm listing him even higher than he is rated in the overall rankings he'll probably be top 3.

10. jfosh

jfosh Super

I like this guy a lot..needless to say...was my top target from week 1. Was suprised to see no one pushed me for this guy. Miami was there but I think Juggs got on late. One other school but I cant remember now. Other than the WR North Carolina snagged from me I landed most of the guys I targeted will be intrested to see where they stand on the Kerploomp meter!!!

I love looking at the charts.....the jpegs look nicer than the tables!!! Boy I miss doing my sheets.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Juggs didn't get on late he treats the first and last guy on his board the same. If you put him in a situation where he's a horrible team (like side league) you won't be able to beat him on a recruit more than half the time. It forces him to keep a small board. With this he just can't pare it down and go after guys for some reason, I tell him to all the time. I'm talking about him like he can't read this but I'm frustrated with him. :)

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Easy there buddy lol

We started off the year 8th on Duckett (with a bunch of users ahead of us) and 3rd on Thornton (with only 1 user ahead of us).

I figured Duckett was a guy alot of people were going to go after, so decided the better option/less time consuming one would be Thornton. So ranked him higher from day 1

We signed Thornton. Had I known really only me and Fosh would have been going after Duckett I would have given him more time early and given myself a chance.

But I like Thornton. Always have liked those smaller height with good speed and power backs (ala Tiki Barber).

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

And Thornton is a good player. I wasn't talking about that one specifically I suppose. :D

14. Blaza

What position is next on Kerploomp? I request wideout! (y)

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I think you want a "TightEnd" [/homo]

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I'll probably go pretty much in order.

I guess that'd make FB next but there won't be much text for that holy shit if you thought there weren't any QBs....

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Fullbacks

[​IMG]

Fullbacks

This is a pretty crappy year if you need a fullback. The 1-star player that I'm currently starting would CLEARLY be the #1 fullback if he were in this class, it's that bad. The #1 guy is a JUCO which is telling because I hit their rating pretty hard for that.

I'll just go through the top couple...

Cameron Graham has good size, strength, and is a very capable all-around offensive fullback who can also block well. The Bulldogs tried like hell to get him interested just to add to our depth but of course the cpu treats 2-star juco transfers at fullback like the "Mr. Football" winner from Texas.

Jeremy Stephens isn't the offensive threat that Graham is but he's a slightly better blocker and he also has the advantage of not being a JUCO.

Avery Davis is my #1 blocking fullback and also has decent pass catching and running skills. He's actually a decent all-around player.

After these three guys it just falls right off a cliff. The #1 rated fullback (in the game) is #22 on my board....

[​IMG]

18. jfosh

jfosh Super

Fullbacks are usually thin...but this class of fullbacks was aweful.

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Wide Receiver Rankings

[​IMG]

Wide Receivers

This is a group that lacks impact playmakers that could step in and dominate right away, however there are several players that could develop into great players during the course of their careers.

:3stars: Darnell White - 6-2, 173, Evergreen Park, IL - White's combination of B+ speed, B hands, A- SPC, B- RTE, and B RLS make him a good all-around target and my #1 player in this group of receivers. The downside to White is that he won't be a blazer, probably at any point in his career. A 4.46-forty time is the slowest that can be deemed a B+ (compared to 4.40 which is the fastest B+). The upside is... pretty much everything else.

:4stars: Cole Murphy - 5-11, 167, Englewood, FL - Murphy is a JUCO which hurts his status somewhat but even if he weren't, he'd be a good step behind White in my rankings. He's just a tad worse at everything except for speed, with a 4.42 forty yard dash time. In a class like this, Murphy is a valuable commodity for teams that needed help at this position. In other classes he might be a footnote due to his JUCO status.

:4stars: Zach Perry - 6-4, 187, La Porte, TX - Perry is a big strong receiver with good hands. He runs a 4.48 compared to White's 4.46 and is almost as good at the main WR ratings with B- CTH, B RTE, B- CIT, B SPC, C RLS. While he's no Jeff Ellis, he'll catch a lot of balls in his career.

:4stars: Oscar Wilson - 5-11, 175, Pasadena, CA - Wilson is a solid possession receiver with the speed to make a big play if the defense makes a mistake. He will be playing in a pass-happy offense so it wouldn't surprise us if Wilson had the best career in the group.

:4stars: Craig Haas - 6-6, 231, Dallas, TX - This ranking makes some assumptions, namely that all of the WR ratings that aren't visible under his athlete ranking are on par with the average of all of the other WR. If they're better, he's better, and if they're worse, he's worse. We won't know until later. But in terms of speed/size you're looking at a possible beast.

:4stars: Ray Parker - 6-6, 194, Lake City, SC - He's gonna have around 90-91 speed, stands 6'6" and can run routes really well. hopefully that means he'll be open because he doesn't have very good hands. Nevertheless i had to rank him in the top 6 because of his upside, I mean there's a reason other players with bad hands have received a lot of attention at WR in recent years, speed is at a premium.

[​IMG]

20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    i love Wilson, i feel like i nabbed the best WR in this class.

21. Blaza

Yeah it seems like it's been hard to find true sickasses at the WR position. I've noticed several user teams with their first 3 guys on the chart under 90 speed and mid 80's overall.

Bruce, nice work on Parker. He was interested in the Heels but was out of the game by week 1. He's gonna be a problem in the SEC. I like him alot.

I'm excited to see what White (D-Dub) comes in at. As Helli mentioned his speed leaves alot to be desired but as we've seen with other positions, the peripherals can make a difference. The other guy I signed Harris is a JUCO, but was the 1st or 2nd fastest guy available at the position. His hands suckass, but should provide another threat to stretch the field.

Mo, what kinda ratings did that Wilson kid have?

22. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I like the two WRs we landed as much or better then anyone in this class.

I like the size and str. They will both be WR # 3 or 4 or 5 on my depth chart for two years and then they will both be ready to play.

At UT we dont need them to start day 1.

23. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

we are hard up in the WR department.... nothing on the horizon either. I didn't like this WR class anyways. We are going to need to find a playmaker their soon.

We've made some nice pickups on defense and i have a nasty unit brewing for the next few years. We are deep on D.

24. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

my team might be the biggest piss poor group of shitty players in the 2 years of Tradition 1. seriously, i do not have a single player on either side of the ball that I can say is a playmaker except for our QB Ray Wise, who has gotten hurt for the 3rd time in about 8 career starts.

but we have a National Title (y) (JMS told me to throw this in everytime I bitch about how shitty my team is lol)

25. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:

Actually I scoped out the WR's last night, I agree with Helli that he's the best overall WR in this class.

My kid Wilson is the same mold of WR I've been bringing in.

B+ speed, C+ catching, I think he's B- spectacular catch and C+ in route running.

Pretty much if I needed to I could start him from day 1. He reminds me of Ronnie Stephens, who's my slot WR. His hands will likely come in around 76-79, speed around 88-90 and I'd take that.

If we could somehow have players hands actually be what they are on the field, then I'm sure we wouldn't see the likes of these lower rated guys who can just run be effective. Against the CPU you can definitely see who has good hands and who doesn't.

Against humans, guys like Pollack from Clemson and my RB wouldn't be effective in the passing game. We both had plays in which if that was the CPU, they would drop at least half of the passes thrown their way.