2015 Miami Hurricanes

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by White Walkers, May 25, 2011.

1. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

images.jpg

Hurricanes Illustrated

Miami Hurricanes​
    "U"​

The fate of the 2015 Hurricanes seaspon rests upon 3 different key points. One of these points is not the defense. All eleven spots have mean, gruesome ball players that storm to the ball and play their assignments. The defense is expected to be one of the top in the nation. 3 Keys: We will need a strong ground attack, A receiver or two to step up and become the leader of the corps, and the offensive line to become what they were expected to be when they joined the program. All 3 of these key points I believe are achievable.​

Defense:
    Led by Senior SS Anthony Jones seeking to leave the program as one of the most physical players at his position. He's looking to have another breakout season and finish with an ACC Title. The linebacker trio of Pat Johnson, Eugene Smith, and Roy Williams is said to be one of the top tandrums in the nation. They are all at least 6'4" and over 210 lbs. They are fast and very scary. However, before teams have to worry about them they have to get past a defensive line that is very strong. They play until the whistle blows and love to eat QB's for lunch. The DT's are led by juniors Nick Taylor and David Harwell. Like I said before, there is experience and physicality at every position. They are mean.​
    Overall grade for defense is B+​

Offense:
    Will depend upon a strong and powerful running attack led by an average offensive line and outstanding HB Paul Howell. Powells's 6'1" 229 lbs frames crushes defenders and breaks tackles. He does need to focus more on ball security this year. He is a sophmore and looks to build on his freshman year. I believe it will be an All-American year for him. The offensive line will be what determines the fate of the offense. They are an average group that have the potential to be great. They arent undersized. I believe this year they will have improved over last year. Jr QB Marshall Moore can make all the throws and very athletic and accurate. However the only problem there is no reciever has stepped up to be a leader of the recieving corps. The talen in Moore isnt being utilized to the max because of the lack of depth at the reciever postion. Hopefully O.J. Jones will step up and be that guy. He is an All-American reciever but I'm sure even he will say he's under acheived since he's joined the program.​
    Overall offense grade is B​

Miami's hopes for the ACC Title depends on their running attack and defensive. It would help their chances if a reciever or two would step up also. One thing I am perfecrtly sure of is theat "U" fans are longing to be that powerhouse again. Is this the year they get back to the National Title? Is this the year we have been waiting for?​
    Overall team grade is B​

Recruiting:
    5-Star HB Rodney Weatherford from Brent, FL​
    5-Star TE Leon Stallings from Maitland, FL​
    4-Star C Rodney Owens from Bartow, FL​
    4-Star FS Taylor Chandler from Winter Garden, FL​
    4-Star QB Bryan Sanders from Sunrise, FL​
    4-Star OLB Alex Jones from Bella Vista, AR​
    3-Star CB Justin Johnson from Hokes Bluff, AL​
    3-Star OLB Jordan Robinson from Goldenrod, FL​
    3-Star DE Atari Harper from Cairo, GA​
    3-Star OLB Phil Pollard from Mountain Park, GA​

2. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

I believe the head coach at Clemson said that he had the ACC title all wrapped up.

3. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

That's what I'm hearing from "the press" however, we will see tonight when the two teams take the gridiron. : )

4. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Good write-up man. Clemson looks forward to defending their national title in 2015.

5. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Very nice. I wasn't aware that Clemson won the title last year. Very nice.

6. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

even though the recruiting really doesnt matter....heres my update.