***2015 National Title Contenders***

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by CharlestonUSC, May 20, 2011.

1. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Jan 8, 2011

Everyone strives to be the last team standing at the end of the year with the crystal trophy but only one team can. The great thing about preseason football is that everyone has a shot at the national title and everyone is hungry to fulfill life long hopes and dreams. Here are this year's preseason favorites to bring home the crystal football at the end of the year!

[​IMG]Ohio St enters the season at #2 in the preseason rankings and is many people's pick to bring the title back to the horse shoe! They will be led by junior quarterback Darren Murray and junior running back Greg Hand. They face a tough Big Ten schedule as always and the show down with Michigan at the end of the season could be to play for the National Title.​

[​IMG]The mighty Wolverines of Ann Arbor come into the season ranked #5 in the country and boast one of the nation's most impressive resumes. Though they are lacking star power at the skill positions and break away speed at running back they might have a chance to make the championship run if they can get by the annual blood bath with Ohio St.​

[​IMG]The Fighting Irish round out our list of National Title contenders coming in at #7 in the preseason polls. The Irish will be led by All-American junior quarterback David Johnson. Johnson will be at the top of many writer's preseason Heisman favorites as he boasts one of the nation's strongest arms and most accurate delivery. The Irish ground game will be led by a stable of solid running backs but are missing that homerun threat in the backfield once again this year.​

All of our preseason contenders will receive a $2,500 scholarship fund and will be featured on our preseason kick off show the night before opening kick off. Good luck to all our selections and we hope for an injury free and excitement filled football season!!!​

2. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Sep 13, 2010
    Great job Charleston...this looks to be an interesting year. My point of emphasis this year has got to be recruiting recruiting recruiting...If i can just get back to the ACC Champ game and maybe somehow win, that should help. I've lost my last two bowl games, so there is definately room for improvement.