2015 Navy Midshipmen

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by Kapono, May 20, 2011.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

[​IMG]

Navy Midshipmen
    1. Finish season in the top-25
    2. Win 9 games
    3. Play in a January Bowl Game

My first year so I am 1-0, approval rating is halfway, and it’s nice to see EA says I won a conference title (really EA ?). Navy’s done pretty well before I came here at 42-21 with a 12-13 record vs. Top-25.

Those goals are a little much I think. Last year they go 7-6, now they want me to win 9 games.

Navy Football Preview
    QB- Navy has questions at QB this season. Both candidates JR Eric McBride and SR Vince Yates are dual-threat QB’s, which will cause opposing defense to key on their ability to run. McBride will get the nod because he doesn’t turn the ball over as much. Expect Yates to see playing time if McBride struggles. Grade: B-

HB- Navy doesn’t have much in terms of running back. It looks to be a one man show running the ball as JR Corey Norman should take about 80% of the handoffs. Normal is big (6’1”, 215) and tough to take down. Grade: C-

FB/TE- Junio John Jones returns to play fullback this year, so Navy will have a formidable lead blocker for Norman. The tight ends will mostly be used for blocking this year Ben McKenzie is not too experienced. Grade : C

WR- It is no secret Navy will be trying to get the ball to senior wide receiver Matt Stone. Stone looked great in spring and will be the leader of the team this year. He has decent speed, but can definitely go up and get it. After Stone, Navy has questions. Brown, Murphy, Fritz, Rogers, and Simmons will all fight for the numbers 2 and 3 spots. Grade: B+

OL- One thing Navy has depth in is 0-Line. Navy returns 4 of the 5 linemen and the ine will be led by left tackle Jeff Daniels (85 overall). Grade: B

DL- Larry Broussard (297 pounds) will play the tackle position on Navy’s defense after the switch to the 3-4 under the new coaching staff. Blake Benson and Blake Reid will play on the ends. Benson is a true freshman and should have success rushing the quarterback. Benson will need to improve on his run-stopping game. Grade: C+

LB- On the outside, Michael Turner and Jelani Williams are expected to start. Williams is very fast (92 speed, 99 acceleration) and will be most effective is passing situations. Derrick White and Will Tyson will start at middle linebacker this year The Navy defense will hinge on these two players, and expect them both to step up. Grade: B

DB- SR CB Eddie Prater is the star of the Navy defensive backfield and should be able to shut down any team’s number 1 option. Morris Roth is the other corner and with no experience, he will be thrown on this season. There is a lot of talent at safety for the Midshipmen, but seeing who will play is not so easy. Derrick Hall, Pierre Bell, Craig Smith, and Ross Richardson will be fighting for 2 spots. Grade: B-

K/P- Navy was very fortunate to sign a decent kicker this season. If not, senior walk-on punter Joe Johnson would’ve had to kick and punt. But true freshman Jordan Brink will handle all kicking duties. Brink is accurate, but has little leg strength. Grade: D

Navy will run FSU’s playbook and a 3-4

Prediction: 7-6

Seniors: 15
    Players:70
    Scholarships: 18?

• Like Like x 1
  2. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Great write up! I didn't venture far enough to predict my record. But with my personal goal of making a new year's day bowl game I need to win at least 8 to have a chance. Hopefully a second place finish in the East would put me there. Hopefully Kentucky and I can turn fortunes around in the East and finally give the cellar dwellers some time at the top of the division. Good luck UK!

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Yeah with this team and these sliders, I'm hoping for 7 wins. I already have Notre Dame and Pitt on my schedule, so that's like 9-1 if I want to reach the achievements by EA. Unless I can beat those lowly Pitt Panthers :cool:

4. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Not Likely

5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Navy Dominates BC
    Navy 52
    BC 21

On the first drive of the game BC tossed a screen to the halfback who broke 80 yards. After that Navy’s offense and defense was very, very good. Navy didn’t allow a point in the 2nd half and had many standouts on offense and defense. I was not expecting such an easy victory this week.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Stat BC Navy
    1st Downs 9 19
    Total Offense 272 567
    Rush Yards 57 366
    Pass Yards 215 201
    Turnovers 3 1
    T.O.P 13:45 18:15

Navy Player Stats
    Eric McBride (QB)- 9-17 for 145 yards, 2 TD, INT, 2 rushes for 25 yards
    Corey Norman (HB)- 16 rushes for 203 yards, 3 TD
    Shelton Spencer (HB)- 16 rushes for 95 yards, 2 TD
    Matt Stone (WR)- 5 receptions for 91 yards, 2 TD, 3 KR for 24.0 average, 2 PR for 16.0 average
    Craig Smith (SS)- 10 tackles, TFL
    Blake Reid (DE)- 6 tackles, 4 TFL, FF
    Blake Scott (DE)- 4 tackles, 2 TFL, sack
    Ross Richardson (SS)- tackle, INT
    Eddie Prater (CB)- 2 tackles, INT

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Navy Recruiting News
    Navy has already signed 3 players for the class of 2016.

:3stars:Zach Hunt – #49 MLB – 6’1”, 237 – B speed, B+ acc, C tackle
    :3stars:Rick Nicholson - #84 WR – 6’6”, 206 – B+ speed, B- acc, B- jumping
    :3stars:Ryan Smith - #10 C – 6’2”, 298 – C+ pass block, C+ run block

I'll look forward to Nicholson, 6'6 wide receiver

7. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

That was fast :) Awsome start to recruiting for Navy.

8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

So Clay, no Army-Navy game this year? lol don't worry about it man

9. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Damn, sorry man!! Sorry...I was sure they were on your schedule..

10. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Yeah its cool, I really don't mind at all.

11. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Well I mind!!! ;)