2015 Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Apr 7, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Congrats to everyone on another fine fine season!

Sox continues his streak and looks to be pretty much unstoppable at this point. The only question is will the voters screw him over due to our perceived weakness as a conference.

We will once again do the advance two times a day (7:00 A.M. EST AND 8:00 P.M. EST) thing in the off-season (unless everyone can agree to make a day/time this weekend). As always I think I will be available at anytime but might not depending on how a settlement conference goes today at work. I'll keep everyone posted.

PLAYERS LEAVING NOW OPEN - DEADLINE = 8:00 P.M. EST

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Bumpage/Reminder: Please remember to post when finished with each step AND set your status to READY TO ADVANCE. This will help me make sure we get through this off-season as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

3. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Ready to advance

4. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Where are the rest of you slackers?

5. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Sorry boss, I'll get it done tonight. Once Mrs. Frosty hovers down for the night.

6. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

done sorry had my kids softball game to go to and forgot to do it before i left.. done and ready now

7. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

All done in Oxford. Luckily, I talked my 64 ovr Tackle into staying. He'll anchor my line next year....

8. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

WEEK 1 NOW OPEN (skipped transfer requests - you may cut later if desired) - PLEASE COMPLETE BY 8:30 A.M. EST 4.8.11

THANKS!

9. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Done with week one ... only going after the big names and I got cash now what?

10. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Done. I'll advance for you.

11. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

WEEK TWO IS OPEN. Deadline is 0830 on 4.9.11

12. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Ok, Miami is done and is looking crappy for next year. I think I lost a transfer that I spent an hour to keep. During week 1 recruiting I still had all 10 hours, but a quick look at my roster shows I only have two sophomore tackles, and I though the kid that was moving was a junior. Sigh....

What's even worse, or funnier, is that I only have 51 guys on my roster right now. So if all 10 of the guys left on my board commit, i'll only have 61. And that ain't gonna happen. Geez. I need to upgrade the girlies because no one is buying what i'm selling.

13. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Thanks Roady! I had to hit the road to make it to my deposition this morning.

14. soxandgators

Ready...

I still cant figure out why ea thought that only adding 4 and 5 star guys into the class helped at the end of the season(where are all the damn 2 and 3 star guys that will be beast in the offseason).I could sit here and name 10's of top notch recruits that were scouted by the big high school websites that had 0 stars or 1 or 2 that made it and were top tier players. One thing that is a must fix is recruiting. They have no concept of anything at EA. The recruits that want playing time dont even sniff at small schools who got it(and i am talking 2 and 3 star guys too) There is no parity cause there are many all pro and even hall of famers that play for mac schools and even d2 school that were highly recruited d1 guys. Some kids follow coaches or family history etc...Until they put a engine in the recruiting system that has a plan and idea to fill all schools needs this game will have a bit of lag to it as a dynasty builder league. This is the main reason favorite big conference ones are built and not these. ME personally i love the builders and wish they dominated the landscape of sim play the way it should be.That is what makes rooting on boise st,utah and countless college programs so awesome that the little guy builds into a power.Thanks for letting me vent on a topic that will never be fixed and only a pipe dream for sim gamers that love college sports. Damn it EA get your shit together and take some research funds and get ppl who know something about recruiting. It isnt a huge obstacle very easy honestly.

15. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Yup i would agree on some Dimonds in the roughs need to be added....3* with A+ potential ect... and instead of having random "spring training" player improvements....kinda like the Madden system of player advancement but even that needs to be overhauled...

16. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Ready for adavnce to Week 3

17. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Agrees with Sox. I'd also note it would be nice if not EVERY DAMN NEW RECRUIT on my list didn't also have Sox ahead of me! :mad:

In any event I suspect I might get 1 of the 7 new recruits to add to my class. I'm hoping that my complete overhaul of my secondary will pay off dividends and I can hold Sox to a mere 50 next time we play.

Radio remains. Radio hit me up on PSN when you finish recruiting as I'll prob be playing Tiger or some other game on the PS3 the rest of the day.

18. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Just got home...next time I'm late just advance. It was my bad, got on psn around lunch and completely forgot to recruit.

19. soxandgators

Man no biggie we all forget sometimes.Its cool Radio

20. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Great venting by Sox!

We kicked this flaw around before, too. I said it was "negative recruiting." If Dat U goes to Cali or Florida and I pitch Proximity to Home, and the kid is a C and replies "I hate the weather here, I need a change." Boom, I get bonus points for being far away, but more importantly - being what he wants.

But it's not going to happen. They'll come up with new uniforms, wacky mascot games, and stick control options that don't do much for the dynasty aspect of this game.

21. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 3 Now Open - Deadline = 4.9.11 8:00 p.m. EST

FYI - I have a 5 am flight tomorrow morning so Roady you will need to advance. If not I'll advance whenever I get settled into my hotel.

22. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I'm done with week 3.

Safe travels, dude. I'll check the status tonight and early in the AM. My first baseball game of the year is tomorrow at 11, so if i can't do it early, I can't do it.

Where are you on recruiting? If all but you finish tonight and we advance, should I wait to advance through week 5 for your return or are you set to automatic and I can just push through?

23. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

done with week 3 an it looks like for the year because they aint coming to my school....but i am gonna keep sending my tricks and boosters with da cash

24. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I should be settled into my hotel by noon time at the latest. I am still theoretically alive for several recruits although I suspect Sox to get them ALL. Bastard is not only the best on the sticks he gets the best recruits too. SMH!

25. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Isn't there a way we can ban him from recruiting for a year? A GBN probation-type death penalty....