2015 Pirates Trade Block

Discussion in 'Trade Block' started by PAgamer07, Sep 17, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Looking for prospects only.

SP Brandon Morrow http://traditionsportsonline.com/tso-ootp/reports/html/players/player_19151.html Innings eater, gets a lot of strikouts. Probably the ace of my staff.

CL Andrew Bailey http://traditionsportsonline.com/tso-ootp/reports/html/players/player_24379.html having a great season.

OF Andy Dirks http://traditionsportsonline.com/tso-ootp/reports/html/players/player_30760.html Solid defense, excellent power. No room to play him in my OF.

Willing to discuss anyone on the roster not named Taillon, Cole or Holt. Take a look http://traditionsportsonline.com/tso-ootp/reports/html/teams/team_52.html

2. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

who isn't?

3. PAgamer07

Teams trying to win now?

4. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

Just saying. I look at these blocks and the vast majority of people are looking for prospects only or young guys under team control. I am not advocating for removing the don't trade draft pick rule but when everyone is looking for the same thing and hardly anyone wants to trade what everyone wants, we get very few trades. Plus people would rather role the dice and draft their own potential crappy player vs taking a crappy player that died post draft 1 year after he was drafted.

This is also exasperated by the fact that a lot of teams ran their salaries close to their budgets so no few teams have room to take on a salary, there are a ton of bad contracts, or they want the moon for an over the hill player but the guy has name recognition.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PAgamer07

There are buyers and sellers... you want to win and need a couple pieces? Give up 'specs. Simple as that.

6. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

That's fine but people either don't want to do that, don't have specs to send, or have no room to take on a contract. Also, no one really wants to trade anyone that is truly impactful anymore. For me, I don't have to do a thing. I did all my buying in the offseason.

7. PAgamer07

We are trying to model real MLB here. And what we are doing is no different. Every year at the deadline the contenders start buying. It's happened every year and I expect the same this year.

8. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

that and most people are selling

9. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

We will see.

10. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

I vote to reverse the Cole rule

11. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

They can go ahead and keep selling, the guys who are willing to buy when they need to can win in a different way. If I end up needing a piece near the deadline this year, you're damn straight I'm buying.

I think the main problem is that only about half of the league is active in trades, and it tends to be the guys who are selling and looking for prospects instead of the ones who have borderline playoff teams and should be buying.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

you watch your mouth, tanker!!!! :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. PAgamer07

Moving these guys for sure. The rebuild begins. Those of you who contacted me, lets do some trades.