2015 Power Rankings Week 1

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Jan 6, 2014.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Week one Power Rankings Reflect the Championship Contender Page and will change weekly. Do not expect that just winning will move you up and don't expect that a lose will make you fall.

1) Arizona Wildcats (#6): The Wildcats enter the 2015 season having just won a BCS Bowl that they had slipped into. Coach Lambdin had only one loss when Coach Lambdin was in the stadium (his lone loss being at California, the eventual National Champs) and was 0-2 when he was not (sim losses to Colorado and UCLA). Coach Lambdin does not plan to take any paid vacations and will be with his Wildcats all the way through the season. The Wildcats also have a tough road this season. The Wildcats begin in a Night Game in the Big House vs the Michigan Wolverines, who fell to the Wildcats when Number 1 last season. Add to that, playing both teams who were in an epic National Title game last season in Mizzou and California. The Wildcats also have the vigorous PAC-12 schedule to bear with the likes of Washington St and UCLA. If the Wildcats can play every game as they did under Coach Lambdin last season, the Wildcats will be in the running for a National Title.
    Next Game: at #1 Michigan

2) California Golden Bears (#11): The Cal Bears were the darlings of last season. They were the only undefeated at the end of the year and they were doing it in stunning fashion, capped off with a double OT National Title Game victory. Coach Biafra is an amazing recruiter as well so his team is young but has a lot of potential with Heisman candidate Tim Harris. The Junior from Oklahoma will look to keep his undefeated start to his career going. Cal has as a tough road with games at FSU, home vs Louisville and a trip to Austin Texas for a date with the Longhorns. Not to mention the trip to Tuscon Arizona and a home date with UCLA in the PAC-12 South division. If anyone can pull the Bears through, it'll be Coach Biafra.
    Next Game: at #19 Florida St

3) Missouri Tigers (#12):
    Coach Mycok doesn't win any popularity awards with his antics, but he does win the heart of fans in Columbia with his constant winning. Coach Mycok has had a great run in the SEC with his Tigers and it all happened with great talent and execution. But now, Henry Josey as well as star recruit and big time WR Doriel Green Beckham have gone to the NFL. Coach Mycok will have to find other talent cause they lost a lot of it to the draft. The return of Corbin Berkstresser is a big one though his WR corp took a big hit last offseason. Mizzou looks to start 2 true freshman at the slot and 4th WR position which is a huge question mark for the success of the offense. Russell Hansbrough will take the reigns at HB and he isn't as electric as Josey was. Can the Tigers find a way to recreate the magic on offense? We'll just have to wait and see.
    Next Game: vs Memphis

4) Tennessee Volunteers (#14):
    Coach Kiffin (not that Kiffin! But he is Lame) has been in the shadows for a long time at Tennessee. He doesn't seem to get a lot of credit that he deserves. Coach Kiffin got his team to a BCS Bowl in the quietest of fashions. He didn't win his Conference and wasn't even in the Championship Game. But unlike the Wildcats, he wasn't given the glamour of being #1 at all. He just fought his team through a grueling SEC schedule and found his way into the BCS Bowl game and he won, giving his team a much needed boost. This year, there are no secrets. Tennessee will be a force. An early trip to Tuscon coupled with a late date in Columbia, Missouri will give Tennessee the platform to get to a National Title. I call em my Dark Horse Contender for the year.
    Next Game: at #23 Ole Miss

5) Washington State Cougars (#15):
    The Cougars are one of the elite teams. And in the North Division of the PAC-12, there really isn't anyone stopping them. But the Cougars play two games against both the Wildcats in Tuscon and a home visit from the Cal Bears. So losing both games would give some of the underdog teams in the North a chance. But Coach Russell looks to win both and make a run to a National Title. To do that, they'll need to lean on returning Heisman winner Teondray Caldwell. He blew past a lot of teams last season and looks to double dip and be the second two time winner (Archie Griffin). The Cougars have a seemingly easier schedule with two big hills to climb.
    Next Game: at #18 Miami

6) Ole Miss Rebels (#23):
    Coach Boros is the definition of middle of the pack. But this season, he has all the talent to turn that mentality around. The Rebels have had opportunities to become elite, but they have a lot of their big challenges right off the bat with two home dates again Tennessee and Virginia Tech sandwiching a trip to Gainesville, Florida to face the Gators. Then add the date with Bama at home and you got yourself 3 of the top 4 hardest games on the schedule. But winning those would give Ole Miss a chance to run the majority of the table until a late OOC trip to Berkeley to face the Golden Bears. But a lot of the season will come down to weeks 1-5 for Ole Miss.
    Next Game: vs #11 Tennessee

7) Mississippi State Bulldogs (#43):
    The other Coach Russell has gotten the short end of the stick this season. Only getting a small amount of recruits along with a bad squad to boot is pretty damning. Add to that his neighbors are getting pretty good in Oxford, Coach Russell has a long way to climb. But he had an opportunity (or a death sentence if you wanna look at the glass half empty!) with 4 straight ranked opponents to start the season. Going 2-2 in those is would be a huge leg up for the Bulldogs. But the SEC West Schedule only gets harder and they get to face East Division favorite Mizzou mid way through the season. On the bright side, the Bulldogs have really nice all white uniforms.
    Next Game: at #9 South Carolina

8) Washington Huskies (#62):
    N/A unless Bill is back.

• Like Like x 4
  2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm gonna guess that Harris won't be a Heisman contender for very long, but he hopes to become the 1st team All American kick holder if and when the NCAA ever decides to honor those guys.

"Always laces out" is Harris' new mantra.

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

You have no fear when it comes to benching a dude who led you to a Nati. Haha

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Not when his replacement (who was supposed to lead us to a title last year instead of Harris) is better in every way except for his uber low AWR (since he was position changed).

I mean is there really any question as to which of these 2 dudes should start (ignoring the OVR rating differences)?

upload_2014-1-6_14-30-40.png upload_2014-1-6_14-30-59.png

I'm leaving Dennis with his CB number too. I've never had a QB wear a number in the 30s before which is pretty cool.

I recruiting Dennis' clone for Illinois before we disbanded. I was gonna let him wear Red Grange's #77 jersey to honor the Galloping Ghost but I never got a chance.

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Throwing ability is (basically) the exact same but that speed though... I just gotta ball out vs the run and not be horrible vs the pass this season then maybe I can compete with you. :D