2015 Preview

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, Jan 14, 2011.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Since I had nothin better to do last night between the hours of 4-6:45 am and I wasn't tired, I decided to look at the team next year by downloading the roster from DW and then deleting all the seniors.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...ngxMnRtUEZCN0ZuV0ZsQXc&hl=en&authkey=CPrA5MgB

On the spreadsheet you will see that I have broken down offensive and defensive starters, crossed through the players that won't see anytime and bold the players that will compete for their jobs.

There are 5 defensive guys that I know for sure that will start and then 2 offensive guys.

If we can somehow sign the guys that I have on my board that I'm battling with, this team might shape up well...

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Nice stuff Noles

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

The Nittany Lions aren't trying to lose focus on this season as they try to salvage what they can out of it to get a good start on 2015. With that being said, the young talent on this team will continue to grow and new leaders will emerge.

On the offensive side of the ball, the entire starting backfield will be gone. QBs Robert Bolden and Paul Jones, FB Andre Dupree, and HB Silas Redd will all be gone next season. WR Shawney Kersey will be the only hit in the wide receiving corps, but will be a major hole. On the offensive line, both RT Thomas Ricketts and RG John Urschel will move on to the next level, but the entire left half will return. The oldest being RS Soph Josh Mackey at the LT position.

Filling the holes on the offensive line will likely be filled by good offensive lineman. RT will most likely go to SO James Brewer. Brewer is projected to fill the hole nicely. RG gets a little more complicated. PSU is currently awaiting for a replacement to commit and are not worried about not having a true guard to fill the spot. If not, Dominic Landrum committed to the Lions and could be called to the starting line. Next seasons receiving corps will likely consist of (RS)SO Zac Carter, SO George Simmons, and FR Ryan Fernandez. The backfield is getting a facelift. Starting HB will likely be (RS)JR Chris Hunter, but a trio of 5star backs will be removing their vests next season. Including Evan Davis and Trenton Fowler. Davis could really compete with Hunter for the starting role. FB is going to be a weak point for the Lions, with no real standout looking to fill the spot. QB responsibilities will be handed over to Brandon Bailey. A (RS) FR this season, Bailey has the abilities to make an impact for the Lions. He has the power of a horse, but will need to improve his accuracy just a little bit to compliment the power.

On defense, the defensive line will likely be another pick n' piece line. Both starting DEs will be moving on in Dakota Royer and CJ Olaniyan. DE Kyle Baublitz will also be moving on, who has made a solid impact this far, especially in the middle of the line. (RS)SO Andy Perry will start on the left end, and JR Ira Jackson will be the guy on the right side. The middle will be up for grabs. Some big DT prospects are coming in, and young talent will not be too willing to give up their shot at the starting line. Along the linebacking front, only (RS)FR Brian Washington will be returning, but has proven himself a leader. On the left side, OLB Victor Wood will likely see his deserved playing time next season, and on the right, OLB Ben Capps will likely get the nod. The secondary all has the option to return, and if they all do, this Nittany Lion secondary could be one of the best in the game. FS Darren White will have to make a monumental decision on whether or not to return for his senior season. White has the abilities to be a play maker in the NFL, but may not have proven himself just yet. CBs Corey Brewer and Andrew Barrett are likely to return, but again Brewer could decide to take the call to the NFL, and with a multiple INT season, he may move on. SS Marcus Williams and FSs Terrance Silva and Arnold Frye have all made an impact in the secondary and will all be back to invoke havoc.