2015 Recruit Board

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by schreck822, Dec 17, 2012.

1. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

@ selvy9
    @ Wilfiger PSU 38
    @ wigsplitter
    @ Automatik
    @ Mcwoods06
    @ asurob
    @ bigrice25
    @ magnificentsevn
    @ droid43
    @ bigb426

Everybody please post the number of open spots you have for this class. For example, if you have 15 seniors, you will add 3 and have 18 total spots available. As you sign guys, please list them in this thread. I should have a board up soon that you can put them all into as you go and we have an easy place to track them.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I have 19 seniors + 3 = 22 spots.

1. Justin Jean OLB :5stars:
    2. Dan Morton G :5stars:
    3. Peter West QB :4stars:
    4. Jason Parham ATH :4stars:

For the first time ever in this release, I actually have week 1 insta commits! I know, you're as excited as I am. 19 spots left to fill.

We'll begin with the lowest rated (star wise) but highest rated (rating wise) guy in 6-6 239 pound freak of nature QB Peter West out of Illinois. This guy cannot be a HS senior. Anyway, for a guy that big, he's fast (89 spd), and brings the big arm you'd expect (86 THP). We'll have to get him in school to see the rest of his skills, but the dude is ballin.

Next up, OLB Justin Jean continues the freak of nature theme. Dude is 6-5 239, fast (85 spd) and quick (91 acc). The guy covers like a DB too, with 83/86 man/zone coverage. Just a sick player that fills a big need in this class.

And finally, games are won in the trenches, and Dan Morton out of Michigan is a 5 star Guard that brings the pain. He'll be a roadgrader for our power run game for years to come.

Jean OLB.PNG Morton G.PNG West QB.PNG

In week 2, the Irish have added commit number 4 in Athlete Paris Parham. He's a tall dude, but we know almost nothing about him because we didn't scout him at all. Hopefully his size is coupled with some good speed, preferably he'll be able to be a jumbo safety.

Parham ATH.PNG

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  3. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

Texas Longhorns

7SRs + 3 = 10 Scholarships

Signings
    1. M. Sullivan :5stars: Tackle
    2. C. Culp :5stars: Wide Receiver
    3. N. Spears :4stars:Free Safety
    4. M. Branch :4stars:Corner Back
    5. Z. Hanby :4stars:Guard
    6. K. Smith :3stars: Punter

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  4. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Oklahoma State:
    16 Scholarships Available

01. :4stars:WR Eric Adams (6'1, 196)
    02. :3stars:DE Terrance Fuller (6'3, 242)
    03. :3stars:SS Carey McFarland (6'1, 193)
    04. :3stars:FS Josh Stuckey (6'0, 196)
    05. :4stars:HB Ryan Reid (6'1, 200)
    06. :4stars:MLB Zach Heinz (6'1, 238)
    07. :4stars:ATH Josh Davis (5'11, 194)
    08. :4stars:DE Tony Fields (6'2, 249)
    09. :4stars:CB Anthony Pearson (5'9, 176)
    10. :4stars:CB Robert Banks (6'1, 176)
    11. :5stars: ATH Clay Montgomery (5'11, 189)
    12. :3stars:MLB Terry Adams (6'2, 237)
    13. :4stars:QB John Ross (6'2, 195)

Week 1
    The Cowboys receive a week one commit from ESPN Top 150 receiver Eric Adams. Adams is a great route runner with very good speed and acceleration. When asked what ultimately caused him to commit to Oklahoma State he responded, "Oklahoma State runs a great air raid system and uses all of their receivers. I wanted to go somewhere where I had plenty of chances every game to touch the ball." The signing of Adams takes care of one need for the Pokes. Now the only remaining need due to numbers is at. Once again look for this recruiting class to lean towards defense.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  5. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Sure didn't. Weird, not sure what went wrong there. I'll see if I can make that work so nobody misses this.

6. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Wake Forest

15 seniors + 3 = 18 scholarships

1. :4stars: Marcus Butler - HB - 5'11, 196 lbs - North Miami, FL
    2. :4stars: Steve Cameron - WR - 6'5, 214 lbs - Fountain Inn, SC
    3. :4stars: Tommy Clifford - ATH - 6'3, 267 lbs - Fair Oaks, GA
    4. :3stars: Desmond Smith - T - 6'8, 303 lbs - North Miami, FL
    5. :3stars: Brandon Freeman - ATH - 6'0, 206 lbs - Gladeview, FL
    6. :3stars: Otis Cade - MLB - 5'11, 230 lbs - Red Springs, NC
    7. :3stars: Maurice Cox - DE - 6'4, 232 lbs - Dublin, GA
    8. :3stars: Chris Ramsey - C - 6'1, 275 lbs - Scottdale, GA
    9: :3stars: Nathan Smith - CB - 6'2, 195 lbs - Barnwell, SC
    10. :2stars: C.J. Woods- P - 5'11, 210 lbs - Bossier City, LA

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  7. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Michigan State: 13 seniors +3 = 16

1. :4stars:Andrew Stevenson ATH , 5-11 207lbs
    2. :4stars:Preston Thomas WR, 6-1 199lbs
    3. :3stars:Kory Jenkins OLB, 6-1 233lbs

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  8. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

LSU

9 SR + 3 = 12

1 CJ Barnes DT 4*
    2 Albert Thomas QB 5*
    3 Timmy Walker T 5*
    4 Brandon Clayton C 4*
    5 Adam Haynes T 4*
    6 Doug Murphy TE 5*
    7 Paul Charles WR 4*
    8 Corey Burton DT 4*
    9 Jermaine Smiley OLB 4*
    10 Ben Scott CB 4*
    11 Troy Johnson SS 3*
    12 Brian Ostrander G 4*

LSU is done recruiting.

On a note, I rescinded 2 schlorships to players but somehow the committed to LSU. They will be cut in the players cuts with NO ISSUES. Those 2 names are below in red for everyone in the league to see.

DE Jeremy Richardson 4*
    DT George Merrill 3*

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  9. magnificentsevn

magnificentsevn Walk On

Oklahoma has 9 Seniors +3 = 12.
    1. A.Harris - :4stars:OLB
    2. L.Bennett - :4stars:OLB
    3. J.Smith - :5stars: Athlete

Do we have to stop recruiting at this limit?

• Like Like x 1
  10. GMONEY 15

Good job with the 5 star ATH Paul.... Also glad your able to post now. ;)

11. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  12. GMONEY 15

13. bigb426

bigb426 Walk On

Not to be a pain in the ass about anything, those of you who know me, know that this is not my intention. With that being said. Seems like we are just wasting time here. Honestly, Time which I don't have. All this info is in the game, tracked by the game and readily available to anyone who looks for it in the game. I barely have time to play my games every week and check up on the board once a day. Now you want me to log in and post weekly about something that makes no difference what so ever with the final out come of the game. Who I sign, who chooses me is based on my working the game in recruiting. Who cares when who signs and how many sign, your job as the coach is to sign as many of the best players period. How many you sign and what rating they are is of no concern. BUILDING A WINNING TEAM AND WINNING A NATIONAL TITLE is the aim of the "NCAA Dynasty". We are adding hoopla for no reason at all.

Thanks,
    bigb

14. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Maybe TSO isn't for you then.

15. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

the problem is, its very EASy to oversign and just cut who you dont want. That limits the talent pool for the CPU making the CPU less competitive later down the line. Limiting recruiting makes the game more challenging. Gotta find a way to keep the game fresh and challenging for as long as possible, this is one of the ways.

16. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Week 6
    After four weeks of silence there is finally some Cowboys recruiting news. :3stars:DE Terrance Fuller has committed to the Black and Orange. Fuller has great speed and quickness that should allow him to become a relentless pass rusher. After giving a soft pledge to the Cowboys in week 3, Fuller continued to discuss the matter with his family. He finally gave the word when his family felt like they had covered all of their bases.

Two more prospects have given soft verbals to the Cowboys. :3stars: Strong Safety Carey McFarland has been a soft commit since week 4 after his visit the week prior. :3stars: Free Safety Josh Stuckey has just announced this week that he has given a soft verbal to the Pokes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  17. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Week 8

Some HUGE news has come recruiting-wise this week for the Cowboys this week. Four Players have committed to the Orange and Black after week 7. Nine prospects were visiting T. Boone Pickens Stadium as the Cowboys crushed the Mountaineers and the Cowboys not only looked good this Saturday, but are looking good for the future.

The two safeties (FS Carey McFarland and SS Josh Stuckey) who had been soft commits both pledged to sign with the Cowboys.

[​IMG][​IMG]

McFarland is a :3stars:SS who may not be the fastest player on the field, but he's got great acceleration and plays coverage very well. He's also a fantastic tackler. Very seldom does he let a ball carrier escape when he's got his sights on him.

Stuckey is a :3stars:FS and this kid is FAST. Stuckey is a very gifted athlete that is still very raw in coverage and play recognition areas. Once the light bulb goes on for this kid, he will be making plays sideline to sideline. It's very likely the two players may switch positions once on campus. This would allow Stuckey to play closer to the box and allow him to use his speed to make plays as well as allowing McFarland stay back in coverage more often.

All nine players visiting the Cowboys enjoyed their visits. Ryan Reid and Zach Heinz enjoyed their visits so much they gave verbals to the OSU coaching staff. It's not surprising that Pokes were able to pick up some commits by visiting players but the surprise is just who exactly committed.

:4stars:HB Ryan Reid had the Cowboys rated 2nd behind OU since he took his visit to Norman in week 4. However, the Cowboys' coaching staff persisted and in the end it was worth it. Gaining a surprise commitment is great, but stealing a commitment from OU is even better. Reid is a very balanced runner. He imay choose to elude defenders more so than run them over, but he can lower his head get extra yards when need be. Reid is also a great receiver out of the backfield.

[​IMG][​IMG]

:4stars:MLB Zach Heinz may be even more of a surprise commit than Reid. Heinz gave a soft verbal to the Sooners in week 6. After making the pledge he stated, "I'm 80% sure I want to play football at Oklahoma, but I want to go through the entire recruiting process." With that being said, the Cowboys threw the house at Heinz on his visit. He had originally had Oklahoma State as his number one school, but the early visit to OU changed that. The OSU coaching staff looked stunned after the game when Heinz gave them the news that he would be a Cowboy. Perhaps meeting the other players on the visit changed Mr. Heinz mind.

Zach is a bit undersized for middle linebacker at 6'1, 238 pounds. However, his frame looks as though he can hold more healthy weight. Zach is fast play that reads plays well and plays above average coverage for a linebacker. The one negative on his game is inconsistent tackling.

***Breaking News***

The Cowboys have just added another commitment to the class of 2016. :4stars: ATH Josh Davis has just confirmed that he will be a Cowboy. Josh is a very quick player that has been used in many roles throughout his high school career including quarterback, runningback, and receiver. The 5'11 prospect will more than likely be used primarily as a runningback once on Campus due to the abundance of receivers.

[​IMG]

The 2016 Recruiting class is certainly filling in very nicely for the Cowboys. Three prospects are currently soft verbals :5stars: ATH Clay Montgomery, :4stars:CB Robert Banks, and :4stars:DE Tony Fields). Coach Gundy continues to recruit defense heavily while replenishing offensive talent that fits in his system. The only remaining need in the class is quarterback, but the Cowboys are sitting pretty with ELITE 11 quarterback John Ross. The Cowboys are currently pursing depth at all three levels on the defense and will look to also add one offensive lineman.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  18. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Awesome stuff Droid, class is looking stacked.

• Like Like x 1
  19. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

1. Justin JeanOLB :5stars:
    4. Paris Parham ATH :4stars:
    5. Nic Gaines HB :4stars:
    6. Colby Parker P :3stars:
    7. Colt Fernandez K :3stars:
    8. Matt Rogers CB :4stars:
    9. Dan Smith CB :4stars:
    10. Jeremy Bennett MLB :3stars:
    11. Jermaine Medlock DT :4stars:
    12. Gary Ward ATH :5stars:

Lots of big pick ups since the last update. 1st up, one of the smaller ones in stature, but bigger ones in terms of future impact, is speedster HB Nick Gaines. This guy brings the jets, with 95 spd/97 acc. He'll be yet another in a long line of pure speed guys in the ND backfield. He'll get a year on the scout team to learn the O and bulk up a bit, then he'll be off to the races as a return man and scat back. Dude should be a 99 spd/acc guy by the time he leaves. The best part is, we were battling a bunch of users for this kid, and somehow pulled out a miracle commit a week after having been 4th on his board.

Gaines HB.PNG

Up next is the special teams, which is a big need in this class. Usually I wouldn't want to use up 2 spots in a class on kickers, but these guys are both really solid with big legs, and we have spots to use. Should end our need to recruit kickers for the next 4 years.
    Palmer P.PNG Fernandez K.PNG

Another big need in this class is in the defensive backfield. We're going to be short on safeties and corners, so we've been trying to get playmakers that can make an immediate impact. We have brought in two of the top CB's in the class Matt Rogers and Dan Smith. Both bring excellent speed and quickness, with incredible coverage skills for young guys. They will be able to jump right into the action if we need them to. Finally Athlete Gary Ward projects as a safety for us. He has nice size at 6-2, good speed, and crazy good coverage skills. This trio should be able to shut down passing games for years to come.

Rogers CB.PNG Smith CB.PNG Ward ATH.PNG

Finally, we've addressed a few needs in the front 7, with a big DT in Jermaine Medlock and MLB Jeremy Bennett. Medlock is a 6-4 monster with room to add weight at 274. He'll have some time to develop behind our veteran DL and should be a beast before he's gone. Jeremy Bennett is a project, but has the athletic skills to be a contributor down the road. MLB is one of our biggest needs, but he'll need to get a lot better at tackling and coverage before he can play much. His raw speed will be an asset in special teams though.

Medlock DT.PNG Bennett MLB.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  20. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Very nice, your class is ridiculous. Once I get back to my computer, I'll upload screenshots. I'm really looking forward to using these players.

21. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Week 9

Defense, defense, defense. Coach Gundy has been telling fans since the 2012 season that he is going to continue to improve the Cowboy defense and he has certainly lived up to his word. Coach Gundy is loading this class with speed. Every single recruiting class so far has had more defensive players signed than offense. The 2015 class appears to also be following that trend. With that in mind, four more prospects have given solid verbals to the Black and Orange. All defensive guys (reportedly).

The most impressive signing this week as well as the entire class is :5stars: ATH Clay Montgomery. Clay is the #2 rated player in the country. He has a variety of skills and could play almost every position on the field. Clay has great speed and good acceleration and would be slotted in at runningback if it weren't for the players already signed in the class. Clay also has impressive cover skills as well as play recognition and pursuit but leaves some to be desired tackling. He will most likely be played at each position in the secondary during camp and eventually will be placed at one of the defensive back positions.

[​IMG][​IMG]

:4stars:DE Tony Fields also committed this week. Albeit a bit undersized, Tony has tremendous speed at the defensive end position. The influx of talent at the DE position will bring about healthy competition in camp.

[​IMG]

Finally the last two commitments will improve a spot that has been in chaos since the end of the 2013 season when the Cowboys lost all depth due to three senior corners graduating. Also, two redshirt freshmen that were to battle for the second cornerback position on the depth chart transferred. This left the cowboys down to one senior, one sophomore and two true freshman at the position. However after three more recruiting cycles, cornerback is becoming a position of strength on the team. :4stars:CB's Anthony Pearson and Robert Banks should also bring in healthy competition to the cornerback position. Both of these players are very quick and are excellent in coverage.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Oklahoma State Commitments:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  22. magnificentsevn

magnificentsevn Walk On

Oklahoma recruiting update:
    1. A.Harris - :4stars:OLB
    2. L.Bennett - :4stars:OLB
    3. J.Smith - :5stars: Athlete
    4. B.Hines - :3stars:CB
    5. E.Johnson - :3stars: FS
    6. J.Richard - :4stars:ATH
    7. L.Thornburg - :4stars:DE
    8. T.Sanders - :4stars:OLB
    9. D.McGill - :3stars:T (Juco SO)
    10. E.McCall - :4stars:CB
    11. J.Strickland - :3stars:SS
    12. T.Williams - :3stars:OLB

Like everyone else I had position needs to fill and offered a bunch of players scholarships. I still have positions to fill but I'll stop at that point. I won't super-overrecruit (like I do in my other dynasties). I do want to replace some existing players with new recruits when we get to cut players and position changes. I'll be replacing slowness with speed. I am on the verge of signing a needed TE and a HB and WR may also commit soon. After that I'm done.

23. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Week 10
    More depth has been addressed in week 10 including the last position of need, Quarterback. Expect the coaches to wrap up recruiting fairly soon. The latest two commits bring the total up to 13 signees. Oklahoma State only has 16 scholarships available and the remaining three prospects that the Cowboys have shown interest in should contacting the coaches soon.

The first commitment in week 10 was Terry Adams. Adams was not recruited by the Cowboys until week 6 after Heinz gave soft verbal to Oklahoma. The Cowboys do not have an immediate need at the middle linebacker position, but one the staff saw Adams' tape they decided to continue to pursue him. Adams is a very quick, undersized linebacker just like Heinz. The coaching staff may move one of these signees to outside linebacker in order to provide more depth on the outside.

[​IMG][​IMG]

John Ross may not have the arm he was rumored to have, but he is still a solid quarterback prospect. Ross is a pure pocket passer. He does not have much speed and will not present defenses with the running threat that has been so prevalent in the Oklahoma State offense in recent years. Despite the difference in style, John Ross fills a need at the quarterback position. Walsh and Garman both graduate this year leaving only two quarterbacks on roster.

Oklahoma State Commitments:

24. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

1. Justin JeanOLB :5stars:
    4. Paris Parham ATH :4stars:
    5. Nic Gaines HB :4stars:
    6. Colby Parker P :3stars:
    7. Colt Fernandez K :3stars:
    8. Matt Rogers CB :4stars:
    9. Dan Smith CB :4stars:
    10. Jeremy Bennett MLB :3stars:
    11. Jermaine Medlock DT :4stars:
    12. Gary Ward ATH :5stars:
    13. Travis Matthews WR :4stars:
    14. Eric Rouse WR :3stars:

ND adds 2 playmaking receivers to the class in Matthews and Rouse. They come from key pipelines Florida and California. Each one has decent size and speed, and should fit nicely as slot receivers. Neither is likely to be our top receiver, but they turn into contributors. That leaves us with 8 spots left to fill, with just enough guys lining up to take them over the last few weeks of the season.

Matthews WR.PNG Rouse WR.PNG

25. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

15. Clayton Fordinal Ath :3stars:
    16. Calvin Holmes Ath :3stars:

Two more additions to the ND class this week. These guys are a couple of JUCO's that can come in and provide some depth. Not sure either will see a lot of early PT, but they bring some intriguing skills to the table. Fordinal looks like he could be a very solid HB if his speed rating turns out to be better than advertised. The CPU seems to think he's an LB, but he isn't big enough for my liking, and he doesn't have the coverage skills to be a DB. He has great receiver ratings though, so he may end up as a great option as a slot guy. Holmes comes in with nice size and speed, and fits the mold we like in our safeties. His coverage ratings are solid, not spectacular, but he'll have a shot to make some noise.

That leaves us with 6 spots to fill, and 6 guys lined up to take them, 4 of which are soft commits, 2 of them are visiting this week so should be locks. The last 2 on the board have us #1 and are visiting this week, so if things fall right, I may be done recruiting after this week with one big splash of commits. From there I'll just troll the recruiting boards and pick out guys you all are recruiting and negative recruit the heck out of you :).

Fordinal ATH.PNG Holmes ATH.PNG