2015 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    2015 Recruiting Discussion

Shitty class...discuss.

2. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

Florida lands #2MLB ***** Anthony McDaniel 5'11" 216lbs. Kinda small but we shall see.
    B- Speed
    C Awareness
    B+ Tackle
    Thanks for unlocking that pitch Helli,lol.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL... what'd I do???

anyway we signed two five-star players that has us #1. I had about 8 that I offered schollies to that had us #1 and of those 8 I'd say these were the two we were the least interested in or concerned with. But... Never look a gift horse in the mouth right?

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

After briefly looking on Tuesday night I think there is a good number of guys worth going after....it is picking ones you actually have a chance to sign is the tougher decision.

5. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

He already had the championship pitch unlocked at *Most so I hit the shit out of it along with a few others, then offered a scholarship.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It's a really crappy recruiting class. Can I get your guys opinion on something.... i was gonna do that whole "rating players" thing but is it too soon in the first few weeks? I mean it's just MY opinion on players but who knows maybe somebody has a guy that they don't want people to notice and then this impacts that... thoughts? should i keep all my opinions to myself mebbe

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I would wait a few weeks maybe 5. If I found someone that is only interested in VTECH but is gem and most everyone hasn't noticed him yet but you publish him as being the 4th best at his position...ugh:(. I think make people do there homework themselves then you doing it for them.

Maybe doing a the top 3 at each position would be cool for now....pretty obvious but would be nice to look at something at work. Maybe Top 10 recruits this year - Helli's Version

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL top 3 at each position, I won't know that till the end of the year hahahaha.

However I totally agree with you.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I can't unlock pitches for you. It's the recruiting advisor.

Even though the recruiting advisor is locked and not visible, the system still works in the game.

Each week the recruiting advisor does one of four possible things for you:

1) Gives you information on a recruit that is interested that you would not have known about

2) Unlocks some pitches for three players on your list

3) Tells you about a guy on your recruiting list that will sign instantly if you talk to him.

4) Tells you about certain players that are trying to "decide what school they want to attend" (the effect is shown by a "X2" when you call them, and you will get double the influence for everything you do during that call)

Here is a quick sequence of things you can do to see what the recruiting advisor is doing for you in a given week. It might seem time consuming but if you want to take full advantage it's the only way IMO.

The first check to make is if the advisor has found a player that you didn't know was interested. If you find a player like this, then that's what he did for you that week. First thing to do is go look at the "all prospects" section, and Right click stick for "more information" on the very first player... Scroll down with the right thumbstick at least through all the four star players. Look for a pink-colored diamond by the player's head. If you find one (It is there whether you have purchased the DLC or not) that is the player that is secretly interested in you. You're done. Note: To take advantage of this, you have to add him to your list and offer him a scholarship that week or he won't be interested anymore. This is usually the worst possible thing to get. You're rooting to NOT see a pink diamond so that something better happens... It's usually a crappy player that three or four CPU teams are already humping.

IF that isn't there... Then it's either that one of your players on the list will sign with you that week, immediately when you talk to them.... Or the X2 influence during a call (#4 on the list of things the advisor does for you).... Or the unlocked pitches. In a regular dynasty where the recruiting advisor was unlocked, they will know exactly who these players are by clicking on the recruiting advisor icon.

The smart thing to do would be to keep your list small enough so that you manually call each of your players each week... Therefore if the insta-sign or the x2 influence is on a player you will get the benefit... As you go through starting with the first guy look for the X2 or the padlock. If you see a guy with a X2 or a padlock there are 3 players on your list that will have this effect. If you go through most of the list and still haven't seen anything then it's likely that one of the players that has you listed #1 will instantly sign during the call. So make sure you talk to everybody that has you #1 even if just five minutes...
    -----------

(that was all cut and pasted from an earlier post of mine steelah)

10. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

oh damn,lol. I was thinking you recruited against me and it unlocked.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL nope. I don't think even if I do recruit against you it would unlock it for you. Like even if you are in "their" screen if you unlock a pitch it still only unlocks it for you. In fact I don't even have that guy on my board...

But for the record I almost never negative recruit... Not sure how to do it really... and none of y'all have definable weaknesses to downplay!

12. jfosh

jfosh Super

!!

Bama Insta-Signed a

5 star and 3 star player in the first week.!?1?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    damn that was sick helli...thanks for that.

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Well I really had to prioritize my board.

I originally went after some players just for better recruits but in the end, some of the battles weren't worth it (yeah helli/bruce, I dropped out that 3-star DE race lol).

There were some others. This MLB seems all ready to go to Auburn, I'm out as well.

Out of the 14 I got now, I got a solid 11-12 I think I'm good on.

I signed RB Ryan Barry, 4-star kid. Nothing really special about him, though I've been recruiting kids with high stiff arms lately.

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Well I really had to prioritize my board.

I originally went after some players just for better recruits but in the end, some of the battles weren't worth it (yeah helli/bruce, I dropped out that 3-star DE race lol).

There were some others. This MLB seems all ready to go to Auburn, I'm out as well.

Out of the 14 I got now, I got a solid 11-12 I think I'm good on.

I signed RB Ryan Barry, 4-star kid. Nothing really special about him, though I've been recruiting kids with high stiff arms lately.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Same here Mo.

when we went to the new season I had like 32 guys on my board. I cut that down to 22... And Now I think I'm down to 16 realistically and by next week I think it will be down in your range... hehehe. I like the DE a lot, speed/strength guy with a huge upside IMO but he'll need a redshirt season etc. for whomever gets him.

I actually got three guys in on visits in week 2 vs. South Carolina, that could be a good thing I suppose.

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]
    KERPLOOMP SCOUTING - WEEK 1 COMMENTARY

It's time for the weekly take on recruiting. In depth analysis won't be coming until the middle of the season once people have had a chance to make a move on their hidden gems. We will however discuss players that have already signed. We're not looking to make enemies at Kerploomp, we're just looking to add to the discussion. So for the next few weeks we will keep our commentary (for the most part) to players that have already signed, or to battles that are already under way.

We've already seen a few signings, some awesome moves by teams, and more importantly, a couple of big mistakes. We don't know why they happen, but we know that they embarrass us. Like Florida ignoring James Kelly, the #1 outside linebacker with B+ speed who had Florida as the ONLY user team in his top ten... Only to have Tennessee bump them OUT of the top 10 when they started putting the heat on Kelly.

Said Rusty Russell: "This kid is basically a robo-backer. We are going to do everything in our power to sign him."

Week 1 signings were hot and heavy on wide receivers. Georgia signed the #1 wide receiver according to Rivals, but.... SPLASH! Kerploomp says this guy is barely in the top 10. Tennessee signed speedy, 6'6" Ray Parker, who we also have in our top 10 despite Rivals' rank of 15. He's the #3 speed receiver in the class in our opinion but his nickname in high school was Kid Granite, and not because of his sexual prowess. can Rusty get this behemoth to hold on to the ball?

Alabama and LSU each signed a top-rated tackle. WR is the only position we've analyzed in depth so far, but early reports say these are both great players. LSU's D. Smith, rated #2 by Rivals, is a big, agile tackle with great run blocking talent. He will give LSU at least two years of very good service. Alabama signed Lui Bozeman (love that name). Bozeman has great all-around athleticism and solid strength. He is a player with a lot of upside as he'll be in the program for five years.

They might have lost out on the best linebacker in the class (time will tell) but Florida did insta-sign a very good middle linebacker. Rated #2 in the country at that position by Rivals, Anthony McDaniel is a versatile, if smallish, linebacker with an excellent feel for the game. Takes great angles to the ball.

Georgia inked a defensive tackle that is rated #1 in the country by Rivals (Bennie Thompson) but again we are less impressed than those simpletons. Right now we'd say he's #6 or so.

Some hot and heavy battles going into the upcoming weeks are for #1 FS Brad Ransom, #2 DT Nick Davis, #1 CB Michael Smith, #5 SS Josh Sanders, and #6 QB Brian Clark. Word on the street is Georgia had him in for a visit this week. We'll see how that goes. It's probably a bit too early in the season to expect a miracle.

Until next week (which will probably be today given that it's just Coleman and Blaza remaining) may it go down easy for you, no plunger required.

18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Fucking sucks that the guy I sunk 2 hours into got insta signed by some jerk off school.......fuck off!

19. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Helli, please don't use the Lord's (Kerr) name in vain.

20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LMAO!!...

21. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

We've already seen a few signings, some awesome moves by teams, and more importantly, a couple of big mistakes. We don't know why they happen, but we know that they embarrass us. Like Florida ignoring James Kelly, the #1 outside linebacker with B+ speed who had Florida as the ONLY user team in his top ten... Only to have Tennessee bump them OUT of the top 10 when they started putting the heat on Kelly.

GOTDAMMIT! Guess thats what I get for not really lookin at the OLB position. I suck at recruiting. Wish I had the patience you all have, ugh.

22. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Dont worry i suck too....i spent like 90 mins looking at the recruits last night....when I was all said and done I looked at my board and couldnt figure out who I wanted most.....just a huge mess at this point. I did know that I wanted Ray Parker and used 2 hours and he fucking insta signed with dickey.

Will look to sort it out next week.

23. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Pretty cool how fast we are moving I love this time of the season when the recruiting wars are going heavy!

You ready for us next week VA?

24. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

Yeah I'm as ready as I'll ever be for another drubbing,lol. Just glad we get to play early every year. :D

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Tip number 8 from the Helli archive: Never sink an inordinate amount of time into a player that another team has #1 the first week. this can be broken in certain special cases of course depending on the needs of the player so if you think this guy is the best player in the class...

(he's not)

Hahaha I'm sure you figured it out but the name of my scouting office is the sound of a shit dropping into the toilet. really nothing to do with Kerr, get over yourself/him.

hahaha had to call you out.