2015 Rule Changes

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Aug 14, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

We will be making some slide modifications to our existing rules. These will take affect during the 2014 offseason.

Team Options

In order to decline a team option year of a contract, teams will be required to pay a buyout of 25% of the option year or $500,000, whichever is more. You must put this in the contract when offering it to a player

Contract Incentives

• For all players: The dollar amount offered for a contract incentive or bonus will be no more than 50% of the highest valued non-option year of the contract, not to exceed $2.5 million
    • For hitters: The Plate Appearance contract incentive may be set no higher than 625 PAs
    • For pitchers: The Innings Pitched contract incentive may be set no higher than 215 IP
    • Minimum pitcher stamina to be offered incentive or bonus: four
    • If you are signing a guy mid-season, offering him playing time bonuses that are impossible for him to fill will be considered a violation of our bonus rules
    Post Deadline Trading
    Post Trade Deadline (7/31) trading will now be disabled.

2. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

Jesse - this would be for contracts signed starting this offseason correct?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

No trade deadline? :(

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

no waiver trades or our case blockings.

• Like Like x 1
  5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

I would hope members wouldn't abuse this... If so that is pathetic just sayin

6. PAgamer07

That's why we need rules

7. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Looks good to me.

8. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Or in my eventual case, no getting bufu'd w/Joey Votto's disgusting contract because you relied on the contract that showed in the online report which you checked on your phone, while at a rest stop driving home from vacation.

9. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Next time.. 2 more clicks.. Reds homepage-> player salaries

10. PAgamer07

correct

11. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

:mad:

12. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

13. Ken Welsch

Ken Welsch BTFD!

I liked the waiver trading. I haven't taken advantage of it myself, but it's a realism thing...

14. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I hated it because half the time u dont get a deal u have teams putting in claims on to many guys and unlike the real mlb ootp doesnt do thewaiver correctly.cause a team that puts in a claim could get stuck with the salary but ootp doesnt do that. Just look at all the claims and how many deals came out of it. I

15. Ken Welsch

Ken Welsch BTFD!

Fair enough. But wouldn't that be an easy rule change? If I were to put a player out there and someone claims him to "block", I can renounce his contract to the blocking team?

That makes it even more realistic and definitely gives pause to teams that just claim for the sake of it...

16. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

We are able to do that in the game via waivers

17. Ken Welsch

Ken Welsch BTFD!

Yes, but the strategy of it is completely different. The in-game waivers have nothing to do with trading, but what we've done here is different and, in my opinion, pretty easy to manage. If a player is claimed, the teams can work out the trade, renounce the contract or pull back. It doesn't make sense to have it separate in this specific period, especially when guys were taking advantage of it to block August trades.

Again, I haven't used this option, but I think it's great that we have this thing that makes The Dugout even more realistic than any other OOTP league out there (that I've seen). It just needs a little tweaking, not just get rid of it...