2015 (S5) Discussions

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, Nov 14, 2011.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

We are quickly approaching the end of our 2014 season. Our remaining deadlines will be:

Week 15- Tuesday 10 PM
    Conference Championships- Wednesday 10 PM
    Bowl Games- Friday 10 PM
    Offseason- Sunday 1030 AM EST

In addition a couple of changes are in the works for 2015:

• Playbooks- All playbooks must be approved by me and will need posted when we advance to week 2. Playbooks must be realistic in terms of formations, and personnel to run those formations.
    • All members must have their premier league signature for their current team in place prior to 2012 kickoff. So that gives you a week to get these done. Either PM your pic to Trey, or post a pic and tag him in the OT thread.
    • QB Scrambling is getting a bit rediculous. Everyone needs to understand that you should not leave the pocket unless- a designed rollout (check the play art if confused), pressure, or you have waited at least a few seconds and scanned the entire field. If you want to run the QB, run the option or a spread offense. It should work as such: drop back 3-5 steps, scan the field a few seconds (3 minimum), then do what you need to do. Your natural motion should be dropping straight back (check the play art!) not to the left or the right.
    • We will keep our current system for recruiting in place. However, it is imperative that you do both: recruit to 70 players AND the average of your class is 3.5 stars. If you are short, and are still at 3.5 that is acceptable within reason. You must still come at least to 68 or 69 players on your roster. If this system proves to difficult for people to grasp, I will create a new system or move to Heisman recruiting.
    • The sliders are being looked at due to the patch changes. Any changes will be in effect Week 1 of 2015.
    ZCar352
    TEClemson53
    ryalaman
    SuperBowlNachos
    Matrix Monkey
    AJ Hart MN
    briosu99
    JohnnyClutch
    Screwthebcs
    dnf913
    PIG BOMB

2. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

sounds good boss.

3. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

This SHOULD go without saying, but if you're going to update the rules, include being blitzed lol
    I haven't had a user game in awhile where I've questioned QB scrambling. I think for the most part we all do a pretty good job of understanding what & when to run with the QB. I really never think about it unless I'm being blitzed a lot or I've been sacked a lot.

4. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

ya, its cool to rollout away from pressure if you're getting pressured after like 1 second right?

5. PAgamer07

Youve got that right Trey. Ive not tolerated it since Day 1, so not sure why I have to bring it up but I do.

6. PAgamer07

Well yeah, if youve got pressure do what the hell you need to do.

7. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

right right.

8. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

I'm ready to get to next season!

9. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

Question about playbooks. Right now I have like 6 ace forms, 9 shotguns, and 1 weak i, 2 strong i's and a few iforms. I view the weak/strong i's and same personnel as "iform", you agree?

10. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

With these "new" recruiting rules I'm even more against not being allowed to try and convince our good players to stay. OU signed 8 5* and have 4* right now so CPU are doing just fine in this years game. The one 5* Matrix has gotten before this season is going to be gone after his junior year because he will easily be a 95+ and will likely want to go pro.

11. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Sounds good.

Just want to make sure on this that I'll play the cpu OSU in the conference championship since Brian is out of town?

12. PAgamer07

Yeah, thats fine screw pretty much the exact playbook Im running. Weak/strong are identical except for FB position.

13. PAgamer07

Correct

14. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

if i have any influence on the matter, i'm good with anything that's not heisman recruiting...we'd all probably get owned each year. also, 95+ is pretty good barrier, no recruit in their right mind would come back if they're going to be 99 (after training) the next year.

15. PAgamer07

I think youre in the minority here. Hell I lost 4 games, and still want the CPU competitive. So players leaving rule is not going away unless there are other objections..

16. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

He would if he missed 3 games due to injury :D

That's fine, but then you can't complain about me having to go after two really good running backs. I knew I would likely lose Brown after his junior year and when I was going after those guys the two running backs that would have been on my roster were a 2* and a 1*. Hell last season my backup was a 69 overall. The real Texas will have the 2011 and 2012 #1 running backs on their roster next year so it's mimicking real life pretty closely.

17. PAgamer07

Well yeah, I dont care how you spend your points, just keep the overall in line.

18. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

anyone know the difference between the iform "H" sets versus their identical iform normal sets?

19. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

i've heard H forms have the HB and FB line up closer to the line of scrim...but i cant verify that

20. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Noel was a 4*. I didn't sign a 5* till this season.

21. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

And after all the hoopla over recruiting... I need 15 players to get 70, I have 10 now with 14 points remaining. So even if I sign 2 5* and a 4* I'm still going to get to 68 players.

After this season are we not allowed to exceed a 3.5 average? One can account for that at first but you never know with offseason recruits. Thats why I always save a few scholarships/points for the offseason.

22. PAgamer07

We never were allowed to exceed a 3.5 average.

23. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I thought we settled this. I went through ~100 pages of the archive looking for something that even implied that and couldn't find it. I have no problem using that rule but you can't say that was always the case because it wasn't.

24. PAgamer07

If you are in danger of going over 3.5 clear your board.

25. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I'm already over it, as are 8 other people.