2015 (S5) Preseason

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Nov 29, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Get it done...should be advancing to week 1 tonight hopefully...if not tomorrow night

Scratch that...getting Transfer Failed bug...will try again tomorrow night or start a new file...Cougs saved it.

2. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

So are we good to go with this file?

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No, i tried again this morning, same issue. I think we have to reboot the file every season from now on just to be safe

So, I need someone to save the file and create a new OD with that saved file. Make sure and name it something else...like FUMTSU or something else besides what we have already called it. Invite everyone to the OD, join as your team and DO NOT MAKE A NEW COACH. You will still be there so just use the existing coach. So if anyone is home today feel free to go ahead and do this if you have the time. Whomever does will likely need to make the schedules and advance us to week 1 prior to transfer the commish back to me. Make sure and send EA a big Xmas bag of poop or coal this year for all their hard work with this years game :rolleyes:

MexiRican35
    aarondramp
    UniQue2Three
    whygodwhy1111
    mboda
    Cheez
    dakota7
    gowazzucougs
    Wyrmreaver

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Another thing we may be screwed on is I can't even get into the OD to retire it. If thats the case, someone else will need to be commish until I can retire the old OD. If I can't, we'll then, someone just got promoted!

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm at the firehouse today, so I won't be able to accept the invite until tomorrow morning. Unless of course someone wants to do it for me.

What's the problem with the file recchem? You did the schedules and couldn't advance it to week 1?

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

If everyone else is retired, can't you retire on the wire? Would that kill the file?

7. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Definitely sucks guys. We've had to do this 2 or 3 times so far, but now in Season 5 week 5, no one can get into the dynasty due to transfer failed errors. We'll probably have to do this again and we just didd it season 5 preseason. The file is incredibly bugged apparently.

8. aarondramp

Just to be safe, we should make sure everyone joins before we advance to week 1. We don't want anyone to not be able to join in week 1.

9. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

I can do this right now

10. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

11. MexiRican35

Do we have to quit before I make a new file?

12. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I will not be able to rejoin before late tonight.

13. gowazzucougs

yes, you can't create a new dynasty file using an existing dynasty file while someone is in it.

14. gowazzucougs

I think that is fine we know who you will be

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im at work, but if I have to be last, then I can do it when I get home. If everyone has already retired and im still here, go ahead and log in as me and retire the sucker.

16. aarondramp

I just retired.

17. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Cougs, I still dont know about this "everyone needs to be out" business. There were still a few people in the dynasty when I restarted AM... both times.

I understand that recchem does, and that the file can not be restarted without this one being destroyed. Just dont understand what me getting out of this dynasty has to do with it. Not that it's an issue... I'm going to be on here shortly, but i just dont see how it has any relevance that everyone leave before recchem kicks you by killing the file

18. gowazzucougs

I believe it doesn't work based on my experiences. Maybe if you are the commish, you have the power, but anyone else cannot restart the dynasty if someone is in it. In addition based on my experiences it is safer to do it with everyone out of the dynasty.

19. Cheez

right, but when the file is destroyed, there is nobody left in the old od because there is no file for anyone to be in.

and safer how? you're killing the file - not really trying to protect anything. as long as you have a saved copy, it shouldnt matter what happens when you kill the file.

20. aarondramp

I restarted my other OD at the preseason with a saved file and didn't have to get anyone to retire. If someone is home and has the file, can they try creating the OD before we make everyone retire?

21. Cheez

that they cannot do because EA recognizes when they are hosting 2 of the same file. So it will not let you recreate a dynasty from a save file so long as the old one is still hosted.

Ergo, you need to kill the old file in order to start the new one.

22. MexiRican35

I can do that. Im just wanting to make sure i dont do anything that fucks it all up

23. gowazzucougs

I am not sure, I am not a techie. I just play the game. This is what we did in T3 last year. But here is the problem, the only person who can kill the file is at work, and won't be able to do it till he gets home, and he can't even get into the file. I think you could get into the file.

24. gowazzucougs

The one big thing is to save the file with a new name, like downwithboda. Or MTSUSucks :p

25. Cheez

not true, presuming recchem's username / pw for the dynasty wire is the same that it is for his gamertag. If this is the case, or if recchem2000 would like to pass that info on to someone, we could kill it and have it ready to go for him when he gets back from work tonight.