2015 (S5) Week 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Dec 28, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU Games due Thursday December 29, 10pm PST
    USER Games due Friday December 30, 10pm PST

User Games:

Washington whygodwhy1111 vs Oregon mboda

Not sure if WGW is still with us or not...let me know ASAP so I can put you on AP or retire you.

Edit - WGW is being put on AP.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

MexiRican35
    go ahead and put whygod on AP so boda can play. I don't know whats going on with him.

Im hoping things pick up after the holidays fellas...been real quiet in here lately. And were losing core members, not a good sign.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Kansas - 37
    Oklahoma State - 35

Kansas continues to march towards its second consecutive Big 12 title, taking down the Cowboys in Stillwater on a late field goal. Ok State took the lead with about 4 minutes to go on a 4th and 17 prayer that was deflected and caught in the end zone (check the wire, its up there). But with plenty of time, Kansas leaned on its running game to march down the field and eat up clock, gashing the Cowboy defense until they were in field goal range. With about 10 seconds to play, the go ahead points were scored. The Cowboys had one last chance for a prayer to be answered but Kansas D-Line sacked the Oklahoma State QB sealing the victory. Kansas improves to 6-4 on the season, 6-1 in conference. Next up, Texas A&M.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We are advancing tonight...get your games in!

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I will try to play today Recc, I am going to work and then a game with my dad and son tonight right after work.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK

7. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I wont be able to play til more like 11 or 12 tonight

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'll give you until 11pm PST, then im advancing. Deadlines are posted well in advance so please don't make this a routine. Im a bit more forgiving with user games but when it comes to CPU games, if you can't play it within 48 hours, then you probably shouldnt be in this league. Hell, I simmed one of my own CPU games because I couldnt get the damn thing done in time. I simmed 2 of them last year. Maybe I shouldnt be in the league :confused: Just send me a message on live of here when you are done tonight.

9. Wyrmreaver

Hmmm.... so I was able to find time this morning, but I still want to make a small response to the above post.....

The league description says I must be able to play games between 9-12, which I can, just usually closer to 12 than 9, and the original post was at 1:29 AM so even If I played at midnight tonight it would have been less than 48 hours. For the record, I have always gotten my games in before deadline in this league and Night Owls is a priority league for me. I usually dont get home until 10PM so when we advance at like 1 AM after I have signed off, getting it in before 10 is only 1 night for me, not 2. Anyways, dont mistake my tone, I would have been okay getting simmed, I am not trying to hold anyone up, I'm just giving you the details of my situation, it's not a lack of want or effort. Thanks Recc

10. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

UConn was dealt with easily in Morgantown. After a trade of touchdowns, WR Gallagher broke a tackle after a short completion and took it for a 35 yard score. On UConn's next drive, QB Nebrich lofted a pass up which was picked off by CB Roberts. He had nothing but green in front of him, and that just about ended the Huskies chances of winning. They did score a late TD with the 2 point conversion, but huge runs of 65 yard by Godfrey and 61 by Johnson kept them at bay.

#5 West Virginia 45 - Connecticut 15

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No you're right...we had some issues with Cheez and his game because of EA's wonderful game, so I had to retire, go in as ULM, reset the playbook, then go on AP. After all that, I had to replay my Kansas game because the results were gone after I retired from ULM and came back as Kansas. If my tone was wrong I apologize, just a little pissed about guys leaving this league and the turnover. I kinda took it out on you and I am sorry Neal. Won't happen again.

This is to everyone...I have some thoughts on the CC and wanted to see if everyone was still into it? I personally don't like it but thats the path we have taken. I wouldnt mind ditching it and just taking a team we want at this point. I feel i havent played anyone this version, and the wide open CC is why. I like the concept but I hate the way its working out. Not to mention the extra hassle of doing it in one night, then doing the offseaon another night. Its alot of time and with aaron gone (he was my go to man for kind of moving you guys along), its going to be difficult. Just wanted to hear some thoughts on a more traditional set up from here on out. I'll go with the flow but I had to mention my feelings on this.

12. Wyrmreaver

I would say the CC is interesting, but as you said it makes scheduling nightmarish, the other thing it does (did) is give one guy one of the very best teams in the game while the rest of us are trying to build lesser teams..... I like to build a bad team more than rolling with a tank, but I'd prefer if the odds were better stacked. I will probably just stick it out at Arizona, we are improving and I should gain a fourth star this season which should greatly improve my recruiting, but I don't care if we move everyone else out of separate conferences through team changes and/or conference realignment. Ultimately I'm down for whatever, but In general I prefer to start with 1-2* teams and try and build them up, so if we "reset" I would prefer that sort of reset rather than an "everybody jump on whatever team" reset.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I have some thoughts, but not enough time to really respond. I'll chime back in later....but it's interesting.

14. mboda

mboda Walk On

15. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I ran through a few ideas in my head...

1-- Everyone takes their alma mater and start season 6 as if we've all landed our dream jobs. Good for boda and wgw, since they've already started to build their teams. Negative is we are still spread out and some people have duplicate alma maters.

2-- Pick 2 conferences and we select teams. Probably put some parameters on team selection, maybe we could only pick a team up to the prestige we end season 5 at. Good -- we start building some in conference rivalries. Negative -- pretty much makes the first 5 seasons irrelevant.

3-- Funnel everyone into 2 conferences that have users in them currently, maybe the Pac-12 and Big East?? Those two have the most users I think.

4-- Complete restart.........

16. Wyrmreaver

A lot of this depends on how attached people are to their current teams...... I personally am not big on a bunch of team swapping because it makes me feel like all of the recruiting and stuff I did was meaningless....... I came late to this party of course (week 5 last season) so I am cool with whatever, including a full restart, if everyone is down..... my fear is that too many changes will further erode interest and more people leave the league

17. Wyrmreaver

Oh, and this deserves it's own thread

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Give me 2 minutes

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Done, im texting you too.

20. mboda

mboda Walk On

Oregon 59
    Washington 10

Without their coach, Washington could not keep up with the high scoring Oregon Ducks. The Oregon defense caused 6 turnovers, including 5 interceptions and score 2 defensive touchdowns. Oregon is now 11-0 with only Oregon State left on their regular season schedule.

21. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Sorry I could have sworn I put him on AP

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I did too, but it didnt take, thats why I had to boot him...turns out he's leaving anyways :(