2015 (S5) Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MexiRican35, Dec 2, 2011.

1. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

2. MexiRican35

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #23 Kansas Jayhawks (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Jayhawks were idle.
    This week, the Jayhawks will host #18 Cincinnati (0-0).

=============== #18 Cincinnati Bearcats (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Bearcats were idle.
    This week, the Bearcats travel to Lawrence to face the #23 Kansas Jayhawks (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Cincinnati targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Quinton Abrams has committed to Miami University
    - (****) WR Terrence Taylor has committed to Penn State

=============== #16 Washington Huskies (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Washington won 52-38 against Colorado (0-1).
    This week, the Huskies will host #24 West Virginia (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LG Jon Morales has committed to Stanford

=============== #13 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State lost 41-10 against Oregon (1-0).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Tucson to face the #8 Arizona Wildcats (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LOLB Dan Sims has committed to North Carolina
    - (****) LE Will Gibson has committed to Penn State
    - (****) C Vincent Clarke has committed to Florida State
    - (****) TE Edwin Green has committed to North Carolina

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Blue Raiders were idle.
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Tennessee (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) QB Bo Hicks has committed to Tulane
    - (****) DT Ron Gaither has committed to Michigan State

=============== #24 West Virginia Mountaineers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, West Virginia won 21-14 against Boise State (0-1).
    This week, the Mountaineers travel to Seattle to face the #16 Washington Huskies (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following West Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Kareem Jones has committed to NC State
    - (***) LT A.J. Thornburg has committed to Penn State
    - (****) DT Ron Gaither has committed to Michigan State

=============== #1 Oregon Ducks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 41-10 against Ohio State (0-1).
    This week, the Ducks will host #2 Alabama (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LG Jon Morales has committed to Stanford
    - (****) LOLB Mike McKinney has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) FS Johnnie Johnson has committed to Iowa

=============== Washington State Cougars (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Cougars were idle.
    This week, the Cougars travel to Fresno to face the Fresno State Bulldogs (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Josh Williams has committed to UTEP
    - (***) TE Donald Barnes has committed to UTEP
    - (***) DT Eric Johnson has committed to Houston
    - (*****) DT Kyle Givens has committed to Iowa

=============== Navy Midshipmen (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Midshipmen were idle.
    This week, the Midshipmen will host Air Force (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Navy targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Eddie Morris has committed to Florida State
    - (***) WR Tommy Sharp has committed to Illinois
    - (*****) WR Jerome Martin has committed to Iowa

=============== #8 Arizona Wildcats (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Wildcats were idle.
    This week, the Wildcats will host #13 Ohio State (0-1).

=============== Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia Tech won 45-0 against Syracuse (0-1).
    This week, the Yellow Jackets are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Adam Jenkins has committed to NC State
    - (****) LG Lance Caldwell has committed to NC State
    - (***) LT Chris Ball has committed to UCF
    - (***) C Will Terrell has committed to Troy
    - (*****) FS Johnnie Johnson has committed to Iowa

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

No one got an instant commit in week 1. Not sure I've seen that before.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

A lot of schools did, just none of ours :)

We still on for after 8pm PST or so...pending the kids of course, 8:30pm is safer or somewhere around there.

5. dakota7

Yeah, that's what I meant....no user instants. Yes, in fact I think I'm playing gators in the E around 9 central, so after that game works good for me.....which should be closer to 1030 central. I'll be on, whenever the kids cooperate is cool.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK, i'll be on around that time unless UCLA is in triple OT with Oregon :D

7. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I think the only thing that might hit triple in that game is the number of digits in Oregon's score.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I was waiting for someone to say that!

9. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I want to know have we ever seen anyone get commits during Championship Week?

10. aarondramp

Sometimes...it's just the carry over from any commits from Week 15.

11. gowazzucougs

Okay, in the dynasty I am commishing when I advance from CCG to Bowl Week, several teams got commitments, and I had never seen that.

12. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Half my board went elsewhere...back to the day when decent 3 stars are huge gets....love it.

Go Jackets!

13. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

If i had been online, you know I would have ;)

14. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Change The State Nickname! Blue Raiders Stun Vols

Middle Tennessee State - 30
    Tennessee - 24

In Coach Cheez's first year at a struggling MTSU program, the Blue Raiders made their way to Knoxville heavy underdogs. Not surprising, the Blue Raiders were outclassed by the Vols 35-17. This is a much improved MTSU squad over four years ago - one which plays really hard-hitting football and has a really good young back to lead them. Nate McMillan would rush for 281 yards and 2 TDs on 30 carries en route to the 30-24 win at home over Tennessee. The biggest turning point may have occured on the defensive end early in the second quarter when Tennessee's All-American quarterback was the second of 5 players taken out of the game for the Vols with an injury.

15. dakota7

[​IMG] 37
    [​IMG] 10

Sloppy game by both teams, but ultimately more breaks went Cincinnati's way as the Bearcats pull ahead in the second half. UC forced 5 turnovers, including a 56 yard fumble return for a score. HB Rashard Sullivan rushed for over 100 yards and 2 scores. New QB Patrick Coyne threw for 2 touchdowns as well. Good game recchem2000

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

dakota7
    gg man...wasnt really sure what I had coming into this game with this team. Played well early but really had no offensive rhythm going and your run out of the pistol was giving me fits there for a while. Good luck the rest of the season!

17. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

THE WORST.... THE WORST

Hating life, whispering to myself.... its just a game, its just a game, its just a game, its just a game, its just a game...

18. aarondramp

Ditto for Ohio State.

19. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Did you miss 3 FGs and give up 15 points in the last 63 seconds to lose by 1?

not that your loss was not painful, but GOD DAMNIT!

20. aarondramp

Yeah that's a tough one. I just lost to a team despite being an A and them being a B. I just got destroyed badly.

21. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Buckeyes fall to 0-2 after a dominant performance by Arizona's defense!

TEAM 1st QTR 2nd QTR 3rd QTR 4th QTR FINAL
    Ohio State 0 3 3 0 6
    Arizona 7 3 7 3 20

Ohio State came into this game looking to control the clock and move the ball on the ground. In their opening possession they drove all the way downfield using a variety of runs, but on their second pass play of the drive Braxton Miller misread the coverage and threw a costly INT. Arizona corner Lawrence Triplett took the INT 57 yards the other way giving the Wildcat offense great field position. Two plays later Junior HB Travis Smith scored on a delay counter from 19 yards out to give Arizona a 7-0 lead.

After trading a couple punts Arizona came up big again, this time on special teams when Senior wideout David Richards fielded an OSU punt along the sidelines and went 37 yards into OSU territory. OSU's defense would hold the wildcats to a FG with just 44 seconds left in the half. On the ensuing drive, holding no timeouts, the Buckeyes would put together their most impressive drive of the day eventually spiking the ball with one second left and getting a 42 yard FG to end the half down by seven, 10-3.

Ohio State had a chance to capture the momentum when Arizona QB Corey James threw an ill advised pass that was intercepted by OSU linebacker Ryan Shazier. Despite the great field position, the Ohio State offense was unable to get anything going netting minus 4 yards in 3 plays before nailing a 53 yard FG to close the defecit to 10-6.

On the ensuing possession Arizona would make perhaps the biggest play of the game. Facing 3rd and 6 on their own 33, James sent Smith in motion out of the backfield. When an OSU LB moved in position to cover him one on one James called a hot route sending Smith on a quick corner route. Smith easily beat the LB and cought the pass for an apparent first down, but he wasn't satisfied with simply keeping the drive alive. Smith would break 4 tackles from the OSU defense and take the simple pass play 67 yards for the touchdown! The score put 'Zona up 17-6 and recaptured the momentum.

The Wildcats would kick another FG late to make it 20-6 and an interception around the 20 yard line would close out the victory in front of the home crowd. With the win 'Zona gets their season off on the right foot while the Buckeyes lose their second straight game to a Pac 12 opponent to open the year 0-2.

22. MexiRican35

It was a battle of the two best coaching records since 2011. West Virginia was all but dead until the last minutes of the game. The Mountaineers had a perfect scoring chance on the opening drive as Washington's QB Smith fumbled on a sack deep in Huskie territory. But the Husky D was, well, Husky, and forced a turnover on downs as Mexi decided to go for it on fourth and short. They quickly turned that into 6, as WR Perkins caught a pass and somehow broke away from a wall of Mountaineer defenders for an 84 yard TD. WVU went three and out, which was going to be the norm for the Mountaineer offense (17% on third down). Bubba Burns got his hands on a TD for Washington, but that was going to be the last score for a while.

It wasnt up until the 4th Q did the frantic action start. After forcing a Washington punt, the Mountaineers knew they had to score to make it a game...they went 4 and out. But the D stood tall just like it had since the last score and only used two timeouts (huge) to force a FG attempt. And Washington missed their second FG attempt of the game. The no huddle finally took to fruition, even after a sack that knocked QB Millard out for 3 plays. But backup Athey kept the offense rolling long enough, just in time for Millard to come back in to hit Meyers in the endzone. Time remaining: 1:03. Then came the onside kick. It bounced off a Husky player and West Virginia jumped on it. Still, with only one timeout, the Mountaineers had to work fast. And with 36 seconds left, Millard got the game tying score and were heading to overtime...or are we? Mexi's gambling ways were on display all game as he sent out the offense for the win. Millard hit Jones for 2, and Husky Stadium was stunned at what had just unfolded right in front of their eyes. But whygod wouldnt be phased. He lead his team all the way into field goal range with 3 seconds left. But that one timeout in the back of Mexi's pocket that had lasted this entire time payed off. He used it to ice the kicker, and it seemed to work. The kick was barely going to be inside the uprights...but it was short.

Great game whygodwhy1111 I got that as #2 all time game.

#24 West Virginia 15 - #18 Washington 14

And with the win, Coach Mexi is the winningest football coach in FBS at 49-11.

23. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

conservative zone is the worst! I forgot how to protect against the deep ball, the answer is not conservative zone.

that was so much more painful than my annual ass-kicking by Oregon.

24. gowazzucougs

WSU 21
    FSU 28

The way this game played out is why I have to leave this school. I am tired of losing these games, where I feel like my team should have won, but at the end of the day the team cannot get the job done. This game started well for the Cougs as CB Spencer Waseem intercepted a pass and took it 52 yards for the score. Fresno would respond with two touchdowns making the score 14-7. Between these two scores, WSU receivers and the EA Sports screwed the Cougs. On back to back drives WSU was moving the ball, but on each drive a Cougar receiver fumbled the ball. The first fumble occurred at the 1 YARD LINE. This is where EA Sports screwed the Cougs, apparently when there is a fumble and the defense recovers it inside the end zone, you cannot challenge the fumble. After reviewing the fumble after the game, it was clear to me my receiver was down, it was clear to me when it occurred live my player was down, but the game wouldn't let me challenge the call. The other fumble, was a fumble, but the first fumble killed the team. WSU would respond with a TD, but was constantly playing catch up, every time WSU scored FSU was able to respond and score a touchdown to take the lead back.